Author Topic: Soldat sponsor  (Read 1572 times)

Offline X-Static Hosting

• Major(1)
Soldat sponsor
« on: July 05, 2006, 03:16:08 pm »
A friend referred me to this site, and I must say the game is great... Very nice how low your computer specs can be to run it :)

The server runs at low bandwidth and CPU, which is good but needs maybe a few things fixing...
Then i looked back at the site and noticed... A great game like this should be indexed in all search engines (with a nice pagerank).

I also thought that the main site could be redesigned... But of course that’s my own opinion. If you choose to follow my opinion then just get in contact with me, i can hook you up with a great layout, and a backend coded in either PHP/ASP.NET.

All of this would be free of course... Simply because.... I’m kind :)

I would also be able to sponsor you with 1 server which could run a few "Coldat servers" (being 5-10) on.

Later on as this site develops I could of course spare a few more.

Anyone that thinks... Yeah this could be a good idea, just post your remarks and ideas here :)

I hope to be of use....

Regards, Kieran
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:09:38 pm by X-Static Hosting »

Offline 4t4ri

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat sponsor
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:22:53 pm »
What's a Coldat app server?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 03:26:08 pm by 4t4ri »

Offline X-Static Hosting

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:27:02 pm »
Sorry, typo should have just been server... I was thinking of something else:P

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:57:31 pm »
I don't want to speak for MM, the owner of the site, but the soldat.pl site has met its needs fine, and I'm already working with him to provide all of his future hosting needs for his new game, and any further needs for Soldat.

I host this site, and we just moved to my new host and redesigned the forums.  Not to be rude, but all of the needs of the forums are met, and I already have plans to run some official soldat servers for the forums.

I was ready to ban you as soon as I saw your nickname register, because I knew you would start advertising something as soon as you showed up.  Showing up on someone's forums and then posting just to give out free stuff (and obviously hope to make money off of it) is pointless and rude.

Offline X-Static Hosting

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:06:10 pm »
I sign up with this username because i remeber it easily. I was not hoping to make any money at all, and this was just a suggestion. Thats why it said "I hope to be of use" and that "It could be a good idea".
If i wanted to advertise like most people do then your forums would have been flooded. And as you can obviously see they are not.

but of course... This is your opinion and i value it :)

I don't want to speak for MM, the owner of the site, but the soldat.pl site has met its needs fine, and I'm already working with him to provide all of his future hosting needs for his new game, and any further needs for Soldat.

I host this site, and we just moved to my new host and redesigned the forums.  Not to be rude, but all of the needs of the forums are met, and I already have plans to run some official soldat servers for the forums.

I was ready to ban you as soon as I saw your nickname register, because I knew you would start advertising something as soon as you showed up.  Showing up on someone's forums and then posting just to give out free stuff (and obviously hope to make money off of it) is pointless and rude.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:08:15 pm »
You could've handled this better,  you look like a real jerk. Michal's email is on the Soldat page, talk to him. Hopefully you can sort things out with him and make Soldat for the better.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:17:55 pm by BooBoo McBad »

Offline X-Static Hosting

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 04:09:04 pm »
Oh and, how is it rude offering free stuff?

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 04:23:21 pm »
Allow me to apologize, I am not trying to give you heck. Offering a service to the Soldat community and helping to support this great, one of a kind game is nice. However, the way you have came on the forums and made an offer like this on the General Discussions forum can be misinterpreted, seeing as aforementioned his email is on the Soldat pages somewhere, and it would appear to some you are forcing it amongst him as well as the Soldat community. Talk with Michal, or other people highly involved with the game, such as FliesLikeABrick, who just posted above.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 05:06:44 pm »
If you want to contact me about this in person, feel free.  My contact details are all in my profile.

I just want to give you a heads up that I'm already doing a lot of work with the developer of Soldat to cover his hosting needs for Soldat and his new game, Crimson Glory.