Author Topic: Forum slowness fixed!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Forum slowness fixed!
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:30:35 am »
Some people have noticed that the forums have been awfully slow the past day or two, and this also happened to come up at the same time as major problems with a lot of the Soldat servers I host.

This was due to problems with the main DNS server I use.  Every pageload on the forums does at least a few DNS lookups, and the Soldat servers were having problems connecting to the lobby and BE for the same reason. 

All is fixed, I added in a few other DNS servers.

Offline Zero

• Soldier
Re: Forum slowness fixed!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 10:40:39 am »
Thanks Flies I wondering if it was my connection or something, cause it was taking like a minute to load a page
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:18:06 pm »
Ya, thanks. I though it was just me too..

Just more proof you know what your doing.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:36:51 pm »
My modem thanks you, I was just about to go and knock on it again.
Grr, can't wait for VDSL to be available, I certainly hope it's affordable. I mean damn, even Africa has VDSL available at a cheaper price than our ADSL >:(.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:22:04 pm »
it was slow for everyone, including fiber optic connection... we can only remember, and hope history will not repeat itself...
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:49:08 pm »
I know, but the distance between my modem and the central has a negative impact on my connection's stabilty, whereas the distance between the central and the modem doesn't have such a big impact anymore with VDSL as it has with ADSL.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 04:37:39 am »
Hm didn't notice anything. Ow well thanks anyway ;D

OBEY!!!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 09:16:52 am »
it was slow for everyone, including fiber optic connection... we can only remember, and hope history will not repeat itself...

indeed it was slow for everyone.  The slowness was server-side.  For almost every pageload, it tried to do a DNS lookup.  The DNS server I was using wasn't working right (it is run by someone else), and took an extra 15s or so for most DNS lookups. 

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 01:13:02 pm »

indeed it was slow for everyone.  The slowness was server-side.  For almost every pageload, it tried to do a DNS lookup.  The DNS server I was using wasn't working right (it is run by someone else), and took an extra 15s or so for most DNS lookups. 
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet connection for a few days cause of this... good to know I am not insane.
@ii