Author Topic: 2 questions!  (Read 984 times)

Offline Justin1223

• Soldier
  • Don't be stressed..get a life!
2 questions!
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:05:14 pm »
  • sometimes when i shoot at an enemy, i shoot there gun out of there hands, but it rally happens. how can i do it when ever i want? i aim at there hands, but nothing happens but pain!
  • is there a "metal arms glitch in the system" mod for soldat? i love that game, but i cant find a mod of it!
uuuhhhh.......I like pop tarts. yay! :P

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: 2 questions!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:34 pm »
1: when you whack someone while they are trying to shoot you you knock the gun out of their hands, not while you are shooting them, only when you melee.

2: no idea.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:02:32 pm »
ive shot some guns out of peoples hands before.  it was awesome.  (NOT a melee, a bullet from a distance)
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 03:50:57 am »
I'm pretty sure you can't shoot guns out of people's hands can you?

I think you might be talking about the bug where the kill registers but the message "YOU KILLED *insert name*" doesn't pop up. What happens is when you shoot someone to death but they keep walking for a while (gun falling out of hands) and they drop dead later. Possibly due to lag.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:01:02 pm »
There is no way to shoot a gun out of someone's hands. If you read the changelogs nowhere in there does it mention this feature being added. So, most likely, like ninja said, it's some sort of lag bug.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 03:56:38 am »
eh i cant rmb reading it somewhere on forums or another forum that you can use an m79 to hit out their wpns when the m79 has a tremendous force due to earlier people that boost you and u shoot them on the way. sometimes. and they dont die cause they have a vest? or lag...lag again
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:59:27 am »
All I know is, I've seen some people (including me, on rare occassions) shoot someone's hat off. But I HAVE experienced getting my barrett shot out of my hands.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 07:33:23 am »
Guns DO NOT get shot out of your hands. They can only be punched out. When you are at the same spot as another Soldier, your character will pistol whip the enemy and knock their gun out of their hands. That is the only way, shooting wont do it. Ever.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 06:12:57 pm »
Shooting someone's hat off is indeed possible, but there is as enesce said absolutely no way to get a gun shot out of your hands.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »
In the RPG mod, I think you could. It's one of the skills you can get. It's called "Disarm" or something, but it will only work on RPG servers.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 11:20:45 pm »
Well I'm pretty sure he's talking about standard soldat here, and if he is talking about Hexer...well he should have said that.