Author Topic: Zombie Defense  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Zombie Defense
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:25:57 am »
New idea:

Make a city, fields outside. Basically a zombie hunt. Eradicate all of the zombies before they reach the city and "spread the zirus." It would be a backwards infiltration where the zombies start with the black flag. They'd have to run it into the middle/gates of the town and they would only have to score one point to win. There would be fields on both ends of the town and lotsa zombies. This would be somewhat similar to a campaign mission and would have to be played multi-player online. Zombie Defense (kinda like tower defense) would be a good name for this. Defenders of the city would win once the time ran out (5-10 minutes)(or scored the points necessary).

Anyone think this sounds good? Would anyone have any desire to play it?

Decided to make a thread about this. I've made a concept of a map...but it sucks. If anyone thinks this is good and wants to help start this thing up with servers and maps, awesome. I personally really like the idea...if anyone wants me to imbellish upon the description of thus, just say so.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:11:39 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
Re: Zombie Defense [newish]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:58:18 am »
You can already do this, you just have to be creative about it. Put the zombie flag in the place where you are trying to defend, and have the your flag at the zombie base. The zombie base will be at such a height that you can't come up and attack.

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:00:01 am »
Make an INFG, but both flags in the same place and play as blue. Yea, the flags beign in the same place will cause about 4k points for red - but that may be even better, since you fail once = you fail the whole game.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Like this?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 06:12:31 am »
A game like this?

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 07:53:09 am »
lol but in multiplayer u could join as blue then go near the flags, and change team. sometimes lag would spawn u at the same place as where u were, which would win immediately
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 07:36:43 pm »
Well yeah, I know you can already do this, but...

If anyone thinks this is good and wants to help start this thing up with servers and maps, awesome.

Hmm, matter of fact, I jumped ahead of the gun. I'll make the map, post it up and anything else I want to post, then if you guys like this, we continue on.

[edit]

And that map idea was nothing close to what I had in mind...that's why I'll post it up but that idea isn't quite so bad. :P Nice drawing ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:43:30 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
lol but in multiplayer u could join as blue then go near the flags, and change team. sometimes lag would spawn u at the same place as where u were, which would win immediately
Admins can make scripts which do not allow players to join Bravo team. An example of this script in action would be the |FA| DZ (Decaying Zombie) Server. If you try to join the zombie team (bravo), you're automatically punted.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:53 am »
Mk, bad concept for the map:

Zombies swarming in from both sides with the red flag spawning on either end. The bravo team has to split the city to keep each side under gaurd. The gates will be like towers to shoot out of. There will be small ditches right before each city gate to bunch the zombies up a little bit. The fields will be somewhat tall so the zombies don't start out in the wild blue yonder to get spawn-killed. The fields will be pretty lengthy though so that there will be breaks between each zombie wave so that you'll have time to reload. I'll also make it so that the zombies can't just blaze through the town. There will be good defences to gaurd the "city hall."

If anyone could help with tossing some sceneries related to what I just said, that would be awesome. Maybe if there is such thing as a corn field related scenery, that'd be cool. Also, insides of buildings would be cool. Maybe something that would look the inside of a cargo container. All's good. Help is appreciated and I'll do what I can to find/make things as well.

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
Re: Zombie Defense
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 05:42:06 pm »
Great Idea
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 05:47:52 pm »
When I thought of possible maps for Zombie Defense, I thought of Blacksheepboy's concept for a map. Zombies attacking on both sides and not just coming in one direction. It'd force much more teamwork to cover both sides from the hordes of chainsawing zombies. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the zombies bunching up all together around the flag holder. It might ruin the gameplay and it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 01:16:12 am »
When I thought of possible maps for Zombie Defense, I thought of Blacksheepboy's concept for a map. Zombies attacking on both sides and not just coming in one direction. It'd force much more teamwork to cover both sides from the hordes of chainsawing zombies. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the zombies bunching up all together around the flag holder. It might ruin the gameplay and it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel.

That's what I'm having problems with. And by the way, the map is well on it's way to being finished. Have most of the town done, and the left side. There still needs to be scenery, the right side, and waypoints.

By the way, the map's current title is: "inf_z-Hicktown." Anyone else want to suggest possible names? I'm steering away from generic ones like "inf_Zombie Defense" and what-not.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:18:17 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 03:04:04 pm »
This sounds a lot like the inf map invasion. That map sucked. So no.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 05:49:30 pm »
This was already mainly done by me, I made a thread just like this in a way.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »
Humm...well obviously this isn't a new idea, I just felt like saying that anyways. Well, if at all possible, could you toss me the thread you made? I wanna see :).

Alls good. Even if this has been done before, I'm adding to the collection. No harm in that. Just thought it would be cool to have a teamwork created map where defending both sides equally would be key to succession. I'll have to look at inf_invasion, then I'll get back to you LtKillroy ;).

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 12:26:38 am »
This sounds like great fun!  Spraying with AK is never out of style 
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 05:38:18 pm »
Heres the basics of the map. Obviously it isn't finshed. This is just the poly layout and some shading.

When the server is up, the setup is:

Name: {Z}ombie-[defense]
Port: 23173
IP: Always changing.

Warning: With me sometimes doing things in the background (server testing to make sure things aren't crapping out), there is usually a good amount of lag. If anyone attempted to join today, they couldn't really because of the ping being too high (I was downloading something in the background, nice huh? *sarcasm*) and I didn't really do anything to fix it... I'll do better in the future. I learned from doing this little testing that in order for this to be fun, there needs to be at least 20 zombies :-\ and my mediocre internet couldn't host that many without extreme lag.

This could always be changed into ctf where the story would be that the zombies are trying to steal the cure to the zombie virus to rid themselves of their painful tortured zombie lives, but what they realize, because they are too stupid, is that they are only piles of mutated rotting human. yup
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:21:03 am by Blacksheepboy »