Author Topic: Disappearing polys/sprites  (Read 984 times)

Offline Kumagoro

• Major(1)
Disappearing polys/sprites
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:43 pm »
Think about the possibilities! It could simulate the eye adaptation or be used to recreate buildings

YOu see a building, but only walls, you enter it and boom, the poly disappears revealing interior!

You see a sort-of-a-cave endtrance, but nothing inside (darkness), you enter it and everything brightens up slightly and the exteriors gets utterly bright (by adding another sprite outside)

Aint that cool?

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
Re: Disappearing polys/sprites
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:41:26 pm »
it would lower fps dramaticly. the only advantage i could see for this is hiding inside, people outside wouldnt see you.. but that promotes camping.

f11

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:47:05 pm »
The problem is that people wouldn't know when to expect a scenery change.  And it would take away from soldat's flow of game play.
On top of that it would require a whole new change in map-format.  This won't happen nor is it all that useful.  There are better ideas out there that MM could focus on (but also won't)...
F11

p.s.:  Plus, this would only work in realistic mode.  Otherwise if it were normal mode and you could see people inside those caves, for example, you'd see them floating around and all weird.  And if you couldn't see them then that would just be realistic mode and people would hate it for that.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:45:59 pm »
wow this would be great!!! great idea, man
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??