Author Topic: Help!  (Read 6635 times)

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: Help!
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 02:40:07 pm »
No, and actually I have never faced this problem in so many years.
The fact that you guys confuse me with your posts doesnt lead me to believing in such a problem either.

Also, there are not many (if any) people being kicked from full servers I play on, so I dont understand why you say that - you must be playing on servers full of cheaters then... :P
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline lotus

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 02:45:07 pm »
Aww so there is no hope :(

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 02:48:08 pm »
Alright, I'll go over everything for you right now.

When battleye was first introduced to soldat, and when the first patch came out, I had a tiny bit of trouble with it.  It was supposed to update normaly, but mine, along with many others didn't.  So I downloaded it from the website, and the problem was fixed.  Then this morning I think another update came out that was supposed to update automatically. 

I didn't know about it so I went into a server and spectated for a little bit, I saw the purple message the first one which said

BattleEye Client: Failed to rename update file
BattleEye Client: update successfully completed. restarting...
BattleEye Client: initialized

I didn't think much of it, and after a little while longer I got kicked with this message.

SERVER BattlEye Server: war|The Owls : Failed to update
war|The Owls has been kicked for BattlEye Violation

And I did clock it like on the 3rd one.  It took around 1 to 2 minutes for the first message to pop up.  And almost at exactly 5 minutes I get kicked with the second message.

I've got every update I can find, and I'm 90% sure I don't have any viruses.  And right now I'm getting a bit pissed at the fact that I might not be able to play soldat anymore.  And I would post pictures, but I don't think those are really needed since I put down word for word what the server said.  I'm just looking for some help here.

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 04:00:17 pm »
OK i am also having this problem and i am also some what disappointed that you are basically saying it isn't working cause we cheat and its our fault. I dont hack or cheat and have had this happen in an empty server with no one but me sitting there waiting for a friend to join. The same message displays that owl has started at 2 to 3 minutes then i get kicked for the battleye violation around 5 to 6. And i also have to say i play a lot on u13 inf and ctf and about everyday i see one or two people getting kicked for battleye violations some being majors and some being random people or people i know dont hack or cheat. Hopefully this post is understandable and that this issue can be resolved soon.

EDITED: For spelling (cant type)
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 04:06:49 pm »
I am not saying that you cheat, but it is very weird if statements change again and again creating a lot of confusion.

I am trying to verify if there is a problem with Windows 98.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2007, 04:41:24 pm »
I disagree, I mean here's 3 people right now that have all had the exact same problem.  I mean, the attitude that I'm feeling from you right now is that you think were lieing.  I mean, why would we lie about soldat not working, were here for solutions.

And I think that there is a problem with battleye when dealing with 98, that would explain everything.  I just hope there is a quick fix to it.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2007, 04:47:46 pm »
It was only you and lotus before and as I said your posts were very confusing to me.

Anyway, its confirmed that there is a problem with renaming a file in use on Windows 98, will try to investigate this further.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »
Alright for those of you who were having trouble with the win98 mar77a told me how to fix it.

Here's what to do.

In your battleye folder in soldat you should have 3 files.  Delete the first file which should be called BEClient_x86.dll  (make sure it's not BEClient_x86.dll.new)  Then change the name of the second file, BEClient_x86.dll.new to just BEClient_x86.dll

It may be a bit confusing, but I'm sure someone will post a more orginized fix later.

Offline LeiHo

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 04:43:02 pm »
Alright for those of you who were having trouble with the win98 mar77a told me how to fix it.

Here's what to do.

In your battleye folder in soldat you should have 3 files. Delete the first file which should be called BEClient_x86.dll (make sure it's not BEClient_x86.dll.new) Then change the name of the second file, BEClient_x86.dll.new to just BEClient_x86.dll

It may be a bit confusing, but I'm sure someone will post a more orginized fix later.

I have exactly the same problem - never hack or cheat, Win98, and everything was working well by Monday.

Owls, your advise was quite clear but it didn't work for me - now after joining a serv the message displayed is - cannot open BEClient (.new file name). It's a little bigger than the previous one - perhaps that's the problem.

Honestly, I'm quite dissapointed since I have a registered version of Soldat & I play quite a lot, but now I'm f***** and a program I 'bought' is totaly useless!  >:( sorry for being a little harsh but god damn this really pisses me off.

Mr. Marcin perhaps could do something about it for a fellow countryman ??

I'll be keeping an eye on this forum, but you can e-mail me if you have any questions which may help in solving this issue.

I'M really really desperate - being kicked out and temporary banned each 8 min is more than a little annoying.

Hope you'll find a solution fast.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:46:10 pm by LeiHo »

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007, 05:24:34 pm »
Alright, from what your saying your problem is a bit different.  Check out a few things first.  First look in your BattlEye folder (in your main soldat folder) and post what files you see in there and their names.  Next I want you to find the text file version.txt, and post exactly what it says in there.

It may be that you never downloaded the actual BattlEye, if that's the case, get it from soldat's main website. 

Offline lotus

• Major(1)
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:42 pm »
*Sigh* *Sigh* The problem has resurfaced again.. and the old trick doesn't work.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007, 09:15:22 pm »
Nah, what I'm thinking is he just never downloaded the BattlEye patch in the first place.  So he doesn't have the files to fix it.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 06:28:47 am »
lotus, there was a BE update again. So same .new rename procedure for you again.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 06:44:13 am »
Hey, Sable.

I got a bad packet error in Soldat today (didn't get screenshot), about a minute before BattlEye updated. What does it mean by a bad packet?

Oh, and I had a mate who got kicked after his BattlEye got updated for "Client not responding". Is that normal?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 08:33:34 am »
Well, I dont know if your friend uses hacks or something...

You mean it kicked you a minute after BE updated right? And you talk about a BE kick? I guess something was corrupted inside your Soldat.exe there.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 08:53:33 am »
Well, he restarted Soldat, and everything was fine.

It just seemed odd that BattlEye wouldn't start up after being updated (I assume that's what happened, since the Client not responding error is due to the fact that BattlEye doesn't exist or is not talking).

As for me, I wasn't kicked by from the bad packet error, but I'm curious as to what it means.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:07 am »
Was it a BE message? I guess not, because otherwise it would have been a BE violation and thus a kick.

And BattlEye starts up fine after an update, so there is no problem with communication.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:30 am »
BE works fine. It updates and everything, the problem is always from client's side. And even if some people don't admit it and try to find excuses they just try to hack.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 02:13:25 pm »
Way to be optimistic leo.  As battle eye, Sable, do you think you could make a topic somewhere declearing when a new patch for the BattlEye comes out, so us win98 users know when to manually update it?  Cause I got kicked mid way through a gather yesterday because of that. 

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 06:33:24 pm »
No, I will not announce BE updates anywhere, sorry.
Also, it would not help you in the case you mentioned - if you are playing while I release an update, you will not notice it and still be kicked.

The upcoming Soldat 1.4.2 will fix it anyway, so it wont be long until it works for you too.

@SpiltCoffee: I still would like to know how that bad packet error was displayed on your screen. Was it a Soldat message (without BE prefix)?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 06:35:31 pm by $able »