Author Topic: Help!  (Read 6527 times)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Help!
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2007, 08:40:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure it was a BattlEye error, because I remember cursing BattlEye after seeing the message. I didn't happen to get a screenshot of it, though.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2007, 08:44:07 pm »
Well, if there was no kick it wasnt BE.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:43 pm »
Ah, ok then. Must have been just the server. I probably got confused, since so many people were getting kicked for not responding... lol.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2007, 09:40:40 pm »
You aim to confuse me btw?

Or was it a server full of cheaters? :D
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline LeiHo

• Major(1)
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2007, 05:40:04 am »
this is f***** annoying. When I rename the .new file to dll, I'm being kicked right after joining a serv with a message BEClient_x86.dll couldnt be loaded (or smth like that). I think it's the issue of the file itself - it's size or wrong line addressing inside & it's connection with other file within Soldat. I've renamed the file twice - in Win & Dos just in case. Still the same ****.

Guys I hope you'll move your asses and fix this soon - someone had taken some cash from me for that program, so it has to work properly. Also - I think it'd be good to have versions of BE numbered.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:42:07 am by LeiHo »

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2007, 08:31:18 am »
Well that error is your own fault. You need to download the new BE update then rename that file...you either forgot to update or didn't do it correctly.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline LeiHo

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2007, 09:06:51 am »
I have downloaded and unzipped & ran the last update from Soldat web site, then went playing, then got back again after being kicked out & renamed the .new file - now it says it cannot load it (like the name was wrong but I've copied it from the old file - so there's no f***** place for an error here) - I hope it's clear enough.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 09:09:05 am by LeiHo »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2007, 09:44:12 am »
What is the file size?

And did you rename to BEClient_x86.dll, not BEClient_x86.dll.dll?

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 10:58:59 am »
Are you sure your deleted the old BEClient_x86.dll atleast on mine for it to rename i had to remove the old one.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline LeiHo

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2007, 07:47:31 pm »
right - the size of the file made me think, and actually after being kicked it was 124kb or sometimes 0kb (??). So I've got the original file, lunched soldat and after the update attempt I've quit soldat & then renamed it (copied old file name, deleted it and pasted in the .new file name). Usually I was playing until being kicked out - bot somehow it seems to leave my file open/not completed  - that's why the file didnt have the correct size, and even after renaming it didn't work. Now it has the right size of 84kb - and it seem to work (YEY!!!  ;D)

Also it has to be said that the update from Soldat web site also adds another .new file and doesn't replace the old one, so deleting the Client file before running the update is necessary on Win98.

If anyone has the same problem with this - let me know if the above explanation wasnt clear enough.

Thanks for the interest in this issue lads
Ya danca' ! :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:50:29 pm by LeiHo »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 08:53:01 pm »
Also it has to be said that the update from Soldat web site also adds another .new file and doesn't replace the old one, so deleting the Client file before running the update is necessary on Win98.

You mean deleting the .dll right? Well, actually thats not needed because with the downloadable update you just overwrite the old .dll - a .new file will be created again when BE tries to auto-update ingame, so thats just normal.

Offline Luma

• Major(1)
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2007, 05:43:34 am »
öhm hello.
i got 2 pcs at home. one with win 98 and one with xp. and i got exaktly that problem with BOTH pcs.
ok im ger and too stupid to understand what i should do. :(
could you pls explain from the beginning (downloading soldat 1.4.1) to the end what to do?

pls help Luma

Date Posted: July 15, 2007, 05:11:58 AM
thank you all guys i got it :)
i was just too stupid to understand ...

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:23 am »
I guess you just forgot to install the BE update from the Soldat website?

Offline LeiHo

• Major(1)
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 07:31:38 am »
Luma,

the best thing to do is to get the BE update from the Soldat web site - check the size & creation date of the BEClient_x86.dll file  before you run it, because sometimes the downloaded BE update doesn't replace the Client file (in Battleye folder), but creates a .new file. 

Run the BE update & check the size & dates of creation of the BEClient_x86.dll file again. If nothing has changed when compared to the details you had before you ran the update, then copy the name of BEClient_x86.dll file, delete this file and paste it's name in the name of BEClient_x86.dll.new file (simply removing ".new")

Now join a server. After you get the message from the server (in purple font) about some problems with renaming the BEClient file, wait a little (you'll be downloading BEClient_x86.dll.new file and it has to be around 84kb big. Quit the server when the file is downloaded - hit ALT+TAB to go to Win and check the file size few times (dont wait for being kicked because somehow it messed with my .new file) When it stopped "growing" and is arround 84kb,  quit soldat, and do exactly the same thing you've done before - rename BEClient_x86.dll.new file to BEClient_x86.dll.

Should be ok now - at least it worked for me (Win98)

Date Posted: July 16, 2007, 08:26:30 AM

You mean deleting the .dll right? Well, actually thats not needed because with the downloadable update you just overwrite the old .dll - a .new file will be created again when BE tries to auto-update ingame, so thats just normal.

Sable, I think that under Win98 the BE update doesn't replace the file - it adds the .new one, but renaming it does the trick.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007, 08:29:36 am »
Yea, thats what I said.

Btw, the downloadable update doesnt create a .new file when you install it, you must have mixed that up with a previous auto-update download...

On Win98, you just have to install that update, connect to a BE server, wait for BE to update (and fail the renaming), then quit the game and rename the .new file yourself.

Offline Luma

• Major(1)
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 05:36:25 am »
thank you all guys i got it Smiley
i was just too stupid to understand ...

the problem is already solved  ;D

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 06:56:11 am »
Yea, but what was the actual problem?