Author Topic: Shoot while taunting  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
Shoot while taunting
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:48:28 pm »
I was just playing INF, and when my guy did the victory taunt at the end, I thought- Wouldn't it be cool if you could shoot during a taunt? I mean think about it, He raises the gun over his head for victory, During piss, you could shoot almost straight up, The cigar thing would send bullets out everywhere... If you could shoot during a taunt, It would make them alot more useful versus their current state of ONLY being visual appeal...(and for those nay-sayers, cause I KNOW there will be some): Maybe as a toggle-able option in the server, or player menu. Also, on a related note: this already works with flamer... for some reason.. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or not tho.
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline Chameleon

• Major
Re: Shoot while taunting
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:28:38 pm »
how would shooting in random directions be useful?

and as it is now, you can shoot to get out of doing a taunt, so you arent completly screwed over if you start doing /smoke for being idle

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:43:50 pm »
I was just playing INF, and when my guy did the victory taunt at the end, I thought- Wouldn't it be cool if you could shoot during a taunt? I mean think about it, He raises the gun over his head for victory, During piss, you could shoot almost straight up, The cigar thing would send bullets out everywhere... If you could shoot during a taunt, It would make them alot more useful versus their current state of ONLY being visual appeal...(and for those nay-sayers, cause I KNOW there will be some): Maybe as a toggle-able option in the server, or player menu. Also, on a related note: this already works with flamer... for some reason.. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or not tho.
Not a good idea, probably will never be used. F11

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:22:04 pm »
how would shooting in random directions be useful?

This pretty much sums it up.

No support.

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:05:03 am »
this would be cool. Just think you could do your victory taunt and kill your enemy at the same time. That would show you sort of owned your enemy. Lol. Don't flame me for what i think, pls.
BANNED

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:32:32 am »
this would be cool. Just think you could do your victory taunt and kill your enemy at the same time.

When you do /victory, your solider raises their arms so they are above the normal player's size. In turn, this makes the gun the same height. If you shoot, there is no way that you could kill someone with /victory unless they jump into it, or you are binked.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:17:46 pm »
As it is, firing interrupts such animations and allows you to move, which is much more useful than firing off in whatever direction the gun's pointing. I think it's best left as-is.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 08:31:21 am »
nehh...  animations were just supposed to be a peripheral feature that in itself shouldn't interfer much with the actual game play (however it does interrupt the game play when you're just standing there and suddenly can't move cuz your player is lighting a cigar)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 08:56:37 am »
Yes, I hate how the animations won't break when you try to move about. He just stands there and spits his tobacco out. Freaking annoying, especially if you've just F9ed the game to check something, and you find your base under attack.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 09:13:26 am »
Yes, I hate how the animations won't break when you try to move about. He just stands there and spits his tobacco out. Freaking annoying, especially if you've just F9ed the game to check something, and you find your base under attack.

Aye, it's a bit annoying. You can just tap your nade throw key for a split second and it'll cut out of the animation though; or firing your weapon (even though that might not be very desirable with a barrett/M79/whatever).