Author Topic: New Mods (and Ideas) thread.  (Read 11523 times)

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
New Mods (and Ideas) thread.
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:40:54 am »
For once i would like to hear what people want in a mod.

If you are planning a mod post your idea and work so far here so that people can give an opinion before you complete the mod.

What gave me the idea is the fact that i have seen so many new modders posting a mod... and everyone flaming them about concept, gfx etc.. I was lucky... i have only made 1 mod and didn't get flamed.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:47:13 am by Temp3st »

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
Re: New Mods (and Ideas) thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:35:45 pm »
ya know, i had an idea of BRUTAL DILDO MOD, yeah that could have been the name. you can't even imagine what i thought of to put in...naughty, naughty guns ...sick stuff...and i started makin it when henito released his hentai mod, that's when my project fell of! yepp, one of my first ideas, maybe is a lucky thing for me that i've never finished it :P

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:11:21 pm »
ya know, i had an idea of BRUTAL DILDO MOD, yeah that could have been the name. you can't even imagine what i thought of to put in...naughty, naughty guns ...sick stuff...and i started makin it when henito released his hentai mod, that's when my project fell of! yepp, one of my first ideas, maybe is a lucky thing for me that i've never finished it Tongue
If you make that good, you dont be flamed and damned, all themes is allowed if it's not a 'shitta' thing. If you did something fell free to show there, main rule of this topic is open disscusion without flame/blame/whine/lynch.
Well...
Main concept of my Hentai mod has been simple: classic oldschool hentai fell, but with sci-fi or futuristic theme + funny mod like Insanity 1 and Insanity 2...
I planning make something different than Hentai, sequel but not with "2" in title, something unrelated to hentai. I have idea about perfectly maked mod, with theme in reality or near future, about fights beetwen young and fresh, sexy japanese schoolgirls. I thinking about mix some erotic theme with merciless wars about survive ... anybody saw Battle Royale? ;)
But every part, weapons, interface and  female gosteks of the around good taste, the presentation pleasing to the eye.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:29:21 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:21:16 pm »
i somehow always wanted to see a james bond mod (a good one!)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »
A few months ago I was working on a waterfight mod... and actually about 35% of it is done... but then I just got too distracted with other things..

I might actually resume work on it if I get some possitive feedback from it...

Features: realistic high quality sounds, all guns based on real water pistols and their physics with good weapon ballance, grenades were going to be waterballoons.. bullet vest was going to be a raincoat  :D

Anyway here's a quick screen of what's done:

Oh yeah don't ask why the steyr is in the minimi slot.. I was just changing the weapons around

I also don't want to hear anything about weapon size :P By now you should all know I like my guns BIG
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:34:46 pm by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:43:38 pm »
Before I published NN I wanted this to be co-op/team production, name of mod is result of casting for best name (several tens positions dropped), wanted map with city, buildings in victorian's style. As planned, I wanted make half of guns, Foley another 7.
First idea about this mod... when Foley started his Half Life mod, when posted mod, NN project has been closed for few months. Because problems with PC, Foley never did his part of NN mod, so I slowly finished project completely by me and posted it. Later I maked with Temp3st another mod, Lazarus.
Here's screens and download, never released test/prototype version:

Download TNN v0.3:
http://files.filefront.com/nnv03zip/;6476721;;/fileinfo.html
---
If someone want this improved, remaked as addon to the original mod or part of main mod, tell me.
This is nothing special, but it's part of personal log:
------------------------------
--------Personal Log----------
------------------------------
/-15-02-07-/
There's some problem with explosion, I make this later, btw here's some info:

Fallendawn is most mysterious village at outside rock canyon. Nothing more known about strange figures cementary inside forest. Some of them looking as demonic monsters lying at angels, who have wasted aureola's and wings. For novice observator this look as poganistic or satanic orgy, but if looking closer, they are pierced by cross before deadly wounds have been taken.

List of all monsters, that can be encountered during game:

0 Three-Face's
1 Beast aka Masochist (Zoray Astheb)
2 Brainrot Zombie
3 Nightmare
4 Vicious
5 Dream Killer aka Freddy >;>
6 Soldier Zombie 

Fun&Fact
-Zoray Astheb, main character from "Beast" is there as boss monster, who summoned all others and doing to clean city from miserable humans.
-Masochist have blue eyes but there's still slave of evil powers, due to become independent he obtained unique abillities, another eye color, bigger head and unfortunatelly, how many stronger, than uglier he looks.
-"The Neverending Nightmare" is "Beast" prequel.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:55:16 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:48:11 pm »
I like the water gun idea... that made me laugh.  Wet freaking sponge lmao thats great
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 06:19:29 pm »
The wet sponge is DEFINITELY the best knife mod I've ever seen. Other than my titanium spork, but I made that in 3 minutes so it doesn't count. ;D
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 12:21:49 am »
What about a random mod? YOu know a mod with weapons werid weapons and funny lookin weapons?
BANNED

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 04:01:26 am »
My mod is in my signature....Well...

EDIT: Ok ok ...I'll better post a screen...

After that mod I think I make a something like soldat enchanec,soldat + etc.
My will be named Soldat UPGRADED....heh

After that I think I'll finally quit modding...

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 07:47:53 am »
Water fight mod FTW!!!

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:21 am »
What about a random mod? YOu know a mod with weapons werid weapons and funny lookin weapons?
Destluck from old soldatforums did something like that.

Download: Destluck's Totally Randomod 1.0
http://u13.net/host/destluck/Destluckmod.rar
http://files.filefront.com/Destluckmodrar/;8042781;;/fileinfo.html

Date Posted: July 13, 2007, 06:35:09 PM
Also if you want weird/strange weapons try my Beast mod, if only more funny + weird, try Hentai mod.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:19:30 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:09:05 pm »
- Finnishing planetside 1.0 -

i will finish it soon ( 1 week) the downloads will come later

about my new mods... dunno, im thinking to make a rebolutionary one... maybe like 3rd world war... Actual weapons and futuristic

About the other mods:
Sir. Dairy: What i  can say... Awesome the best weapons you did ( i think) i need it 4life
Sir. Mangled: Hahahaha, summer one? Nice i like the style, but not serious for my style, maybe i will play with bots :D
Sir. Henito: Ok some good weapons continue by that way and upgrade it

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 05:40:52 pm »
Mangled, please! Finish that mod! It looks AWESOME!

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:05 pm »
Okay I've resumed work on the Waterfight mod... But it probably won't be done until at least the end of July... probably mid August.  :)
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:59 pm »
i started this few days ago.

supposed to be a zombies/monsters slaughtering mod i've started making a mix of renaissance styled weapons and newer ones which are easy to find in decaying or somewhat spooky environments, you know what i mean. the graphic style is simillar with resident ewul mod, first time i've gave a try at making guns more 3d... anyways i need your opinions, first of all which guns should fill the empty spaces, i thought that it would be good to put a harpoon at the place of the minimi for the rest i really don't have an idea?! for now that's all...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:27:42 pm by Slayer DZ »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 03:26:02 pm »
looks pretty nice slayer, gins are a bit fat, but it's nice..don't like the backgound..:D

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 03:29:58 pm »
looks pretty nice slayer, gins are a bit fat, but it's nice..don't like the backgound..:D

bg is from heretic mod, with added blood

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 04:45:10 pm »
i started this few days ago.

Looks quite nice, although I personally find the weapons a little too cartoon-ish and chunky.. it's nice that they're big though. You should change "Dynamites" to "Dynamite sticks". Personally I think it'd be nicer to have the real weapons names and not 'shotgun' 'rifle' 'pistols' etc.. It'd be nice to see a Flare gun in there... perhaps as a replacement for the LAW

What's the green stuff on the sniper?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 06:24:04 pm »
It's camo rags, although a bit bright. You can get great ghillie effects if you just superimpose a grass scenery from your scenery-gfx folder onto a gun and trim it a bit, which is what I'd recommend.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0