Strey
16 (61.5%)
Minimi
7 (26.9%)
They both suck<-- only for noobs
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: July 11, 2006, 01:04:28 pm

Author Topic: Strey VS Minimi  (Read 12003 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Strey VS Minimi
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 06:37:50 am »
im currently using the steyr as my main machine gun, i like to use weapons that aren't used as much to try and get others to use them.

but not the minigun lol.

Anyway, I voted for the AUG. And if this is supposed to be a poll between the two guns then why is there a "neither" option? I assume people should pick the one they dislike the least if they aren't very fond of either gun.

Maybe so, but still, just go to the Rainbow Six: Raven Shield forums if you want to be a Firearm-Fact-Corrector-Nazi.

Once they had a huge debate on the difference and definition between a silencer and a suppressor.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:14:49 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Nicholas

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 09:47:56 am »
And if this is supposed to be a poll between the two guns then why is there a "neither" option?

It would be because a poll asking people which of two guns they prefer is for an audience that has used both to a degree. You're obviously not the intended audience for this poll (though it's a moot point now since the OP went in and added that option).

I prefer Minimi for my auto needs due to its large clip :P and range. While the Steyr has a fast reload, it just doesn't seem to do much damage or provide an effective enemy binking, at least for me. Given that autos can be tap-fired too to avoid self binking, I think the larger bullet cache makes the Mimimi superior.
Why am I not the intended audience?

If you keep calling a magazine a clip, I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU in Soldat. :D
Maybe so, but still, just go to the Rainbow Six: Raven Shield forums if you want to be a Firearm-Fact-Corrector-Nazi.

Once they had a huge debate on the difference and definition between a silencer and a suppressor.  ::)
Both the clip/magazine and silencer/suppressor have been argued about on Airsoft Forum. Since Airsoft is a sport involving exact replicas of real firearms, using the correct terminology is very important there.

I am not a "Firearm-Fact-Corrector-Nazi" either. Actually I have never corrected anyone when they used called a suppressor a silencer.

But a magazine is not a clip, which some people just don't know. The others are wannabe-gangsters. :P

That actually sounds like a good forum. What's wrong with people knowing the difference? I went to a Battlefield 2 forum once and I searched for magazine and got zero results. That's kind of sad that so many game players are that stupid...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:11:42 am by Nicholas »

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 10:47:55 am »
Get over the clip / mag thing. no one really cares if we kill each other with a pistol loaded with words on mag's and clips.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 10:55:45 am »
Both the clip/magazine and silencer/suppressor have been argued about on Airsoft Forum. Since Airsoft is a sport involving exact replicas of real firearms, using the correct terminology is very important there.

I am not a "Firearm-Fact-Corrector-Nazi" either. Actually I have never corrected anyone when they used called a suppressor a silencer.

But a magazine is not a clip, which some people just don't know. The others are wannabe-gangsters. :P

That actually sounds like a good forum. What's wrong with people knowing the difference? I went to a Battlefield 2 forum once and I searched for magazine and got zero results. That's kind of sad that so many game players are that stupid...
Well I suppose you do have a point there, it is important to use the correct terms especially when you are dealing with real weapons (real-world I mean, not that airsoft uses gunpowder).  I'm sometimes very corrective with firearm stuff as well   ;).

Even if it was important, it was pretty hilarious to see people having a huge debate over the name of something as similar as the same as suppressors a silencers.

BTW, I call it a silencer because its the word I'm used to and it flows off the tounge better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:09:45 am by SDFilm »

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 01:07:51 pm »
I prefer minimi, well I am really a guy who lags... 200-300 * Cough * When I use steyr hits dont register easily but with minimi they do. I prefer minimi.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 07:30:04 pm »
Aha so in the end the strey(i am going to call it just plain AUG for now)

So anyways the AUG is more prefreed altho both diffrent the mojor comeback win goes to the AUG. Thanks People this Thread went great. More comeing soon.

EDIT:(voting locked thread over)

Offline Nicholas

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 08:55:40 pm »
I prefer minimi, well I am really a guy who lags... 200-300 * Cough * When I use steyr hits dont register easily but with minimi they do. I prefer minimi.
How would hits from one weapon register but not hits from another? I don't think it would matter. If you're lagging and hits aren't registering, it's not going to matter what weapon you use. Although it is better to have more ammo if you have lag problems.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 12:16:28 am »
I like the mp5 as a main weapon, but the minimi is second on my list, still like to use it from time to time. I never touch the steyr though.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 01:56:27 am »
Minimi is the best

Offline ArtaXatrA

• Major(1)
  • Don't Mess With It
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 02:14:30 pm »
I find myself using the Steyr-AUG more frequently in servers other than my own. However, I enjoy modding, and I typically mod the Minimi because I find it is the most under-used gun. I change the skin so no one can tell which gun it is, then watch the terror unfold...it brings glee to my life... :)

In case you are retarded, modding is NOT the same as hacking, especially when done on one's own server...
You will be pwned by gravity...

Offline Chunky

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:37 pm »
i dont use the strey at all! and i only use the the mini wen im mukin' round wif friends. if anythin, i rekon the strey shood hav a more controled shot
«ЄĦũňĶ¥»™

ingame: <Chunky>

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 11:55:40 pm »
I havent bothered to read all the posts in this but why in the hell is such a useless post like this posted in the weapons balance forum? It has nothing to do with weapon balance get it out.. ffs

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 01:01:44 am »
Um, how is this in any way related to Soldat weapon balance....?
Oh, I just noticed:
I havent bothered to read all the posts in this but why in the hell is such a useless post like this posted in the weapons balance forum? It has nothing to do with weapon balance get it out.. ffs 

I agree lawl. >=(
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 03:36:48 pm »
Steyr is overpowered.Lowering down its accuracy will kinda fix it.
Lets compare steyr with ak
steyr : faster reload, more accurate, bullets go faster, lower damage than AK, but its rate of fire is so faster that it doesnt really matter.I think making the reload just a bit longer and its accuracy a bit lower, and it will be balanced.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:40:46 pm by pero »

5th_account

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 07:54:18 am »
* 5th_account high-fives pero

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 10:27:07 am »
Instead of making the Steyr worse, make the AK better.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:03 am »
Instead of making the Steyr worse, make the AK better.
The AK actually deals a good amount of damage, it's just that it's rate of fire is kinda slow compared to the other autos.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline xxxMorenoxxx

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 10:14:54 pm »
Minime at the moment is the least used "real" weapon in the clanwar community. By real I have excluded Minigun 8). Steyr is not overused but its certainly not underused, I believe the last time I checked my logs, it was 5th behind barret, ruger, m79 and ak. Steyr and deagles are pretty much tied as the 5th most used weapons.
how the hell is the m79 in front of ak47. the m79 sukz and is noob weapon

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2006, 07:09:01 am »
Minime at the moment is the least used "real" weapon in the clanwar community. By real I have excluded Minigun 8). Steyr is not overused but its certainly not underused, I believe the last time I checked my logs, it was 5th behind barret, ruger, m79 and ak. Steyr and deagles are pretty much tied as the 5th most used weapons.
how the hell is the m79 in front of ak47. the m79 sukz and is noob weapon

first of all, the m79 isn't a noob weapon. just becuase well all get owned by it.

second of all, he was talking about the weapon usage in REALISTIC mode, not how good it is.

pay attention.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:09 am »
There is such thing as a skilled M79 shot, but 95% of the time its veeery lame.