Author Topic: Cave Story mod v1.0  (Read 13556 times)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
Cave Story mod v1.0
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:44:06 am »
For anyone who hasn't played this game, I feel sorry for you. It is one of the greatest games of it's kind, a free platformer shooter with some rpg elements (like excellent storyline).
I wanted to make a tribute to this great game so I made a mod for it. Any help given to me is much appreciated.
Here's a link to a great fan site of the game with downloads and stuff. http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

Thanks go out to Henito Kisou for help getting souds and maybe some better gostek files to come :)

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.box.net/shared/q1sd6ys6ng

Comments and stuff all welcome. Other than the CTB (Capture The Bear) mod I did a while back (which people liked  ;)) this is my first mod.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline HerGatiox

• Major(1)
Re: Cave Story mod v1.0
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:30:02 am »
uoeeee :/ too big pixels :[
This mod can by a Liero mod :D
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:53:03 am »
Uhh, yeah maybe I shouldn't have taken screen shots at 1024x768....
Could be a Liero mod? How?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 08:42:21 am »
Ahh nice !

Good job hiro, but i will use that mod to the entertainment, good job

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 09:09:00 am »
Looks fun.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:49 am »
uoeeee :/ too big pixels :[

It's climat of this mod :)

And yeah it looks fun :)

P.S. Temp3st check PM.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 11:44:14 am »
How does the fireball work?

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 03:41:40 pm »
Thanks go out to Henito Kisou for help getting souds and maybe some better gostek files to come Smiley
Ok, I try to motivate myself to start on this today. I have some works to do (like remake again my lost gosteks as Tyranid gostek or Starship Troopers Bug, release nice, free to use Gostek Pack as example). For me gosteks in Soldat are Models+Skins (maybe there's some 'Objects' .po files similiar to models but...) so is different, easier and better than any other game.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 05:52:58 pm »
Weapons look nice, but the gostek looks... peculiar.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 06:16:57 pm »
Peculiar? Haha! In this version the gosteks are the original soldat gosteks!! :D
All I changed was the head, hair and hats. ;)

How does the fireball work?

Well, I didn't edit the weapons.ini file. The fireball is the HK mp5.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:19:04 pm by Hiro »

Offline Evil Noob

• Major
  • Cluck Cluck-Moo
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:36:34 am »
Is that a cone your wearing in the second pic lol?
XD

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 05:10:11 am »
Wearing? That's carrying. It's the new flag, made to look like the experience points in the CaveStory game. Capturing those little things was important in the game, so it's part of the mod.

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 06:25:39 pm »
what is the CaveStory game...oh wow, nvm. im stupid

wooooow it looks like a great game, maybe I'll try it later if its english  [retard]
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline KillaH

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »
why are the weapons in the menu so small?

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:39:38 am »
They are small because they are taken from the game. If I enlarged them and kept the ratio they were too big, so I made them that size.

Yes, there is an english version of CaveStory. The Japanese name is/was "doukutsu monogatari". In the english version they called it Cave Story which I chose to use as the name of the mod rather than that rather combersome other name. >.^ Just follow the link in the first page and download it there.

Offline adarius

• Major
  • "I'm more than my name." -The Recruit
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
Where did you come up with the Snake, Nemesis, Spur, Laguna, and Ultima?  None of those sound familiar.  A slight twist on the existing weapons, or new creations?

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 03:04:03 am »
You never used a walkthrough did you? XD
The snake, nemesis and spur were all in the game. The Snake and Spur you got by trading your polar star to people other than curly (for the snake you had to trade the fireball too). The Nemesis you traded the sword for.

The others I just completely made up. :D

Offline adarius

• Major
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 04:35:08 pm »
Oh really?  No, I never use guides, walkthroughs, or cheats on any games... until I've beaten them at least once ^-^

Still, I never did so on Cave Story either.  I got hooked on the editor and started to create my own expansion to the game.  Not finished and I would have to dig around for it.

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 06:41:50 pm »
Lol, I only looked at the guide after finishing it normally. You probably should use a guide for this one, there is a whole different way to finnish the game that changes the story and reveals more background plot and stuff. (Such as the main character's name: Quote, which I used in the mod)

Offline adarius

• Major
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 01:34:19 pm »
Wow...so an alternate storyline kinda.  That's interesting, I knew the character's name was Quote though....how did I know that O.o"  I must have read it somewhere.  But anyways, the weapons you came up with are quite interesting, maybe I could dredge up my old CaveStory mod and put them in there, it would add for an interesting element.  Well, if I still remember how to make a weapon anyways... =\

Very nice mod to goof around with though, I thought the weapons themselves looked very nice.  I wasn't too fond of the gostek though, just looked funny to me.  The interface is nice though, I like the jetpack icon as the actual jetpack from the game, very nice touch.