Author Topic: BattlEye problem mostlikly  (Read 3184 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
BattlEye problem mostlikly
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:43:25 pm »
The problem is that my internet conncetion is really bad so it refuses to send packets and under maybe 1 minute which happens quite often (maybe once per 30 minutes).
when my conncetion refuses to send packets I get kicked and banned. and since I have not gotten unbanned from the server I have played on I think it is a 24 hours ban which comes from BattlEye.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: BattlEye problem mostlikly
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 01:53:05 pm »
Have you installed this update: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=16038.0 ?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:28:07 pm »
yes if it is update problems I wouldnt even be abel to play on the server also i wouldnt get banned.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 03:43:57 pm »
If you installed the update everything is fine, just because your connection is bad doesnt mean you get kicked.
BattlEye ensures that the packets arrive at the server.

If your connection drops though, it might be possible that BE kicks/bans you a few seconds later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 03:49:17 pm by $able »
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 04:24:15 pm »
well fix this bug or remove BattlEye. so far BattlEye have only caused trouble.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 04:37:13 pm »
patience my friend.  These people spend more time developing anti-hacks than you could imagine.
Another interesting perspective is:  I never got kicked off any server due to battle eye issues - perhaps the fault does lie with your inability to properly update your client battle eye, and for that matter and further generalizing, your inability to effectively use a computer which, although of its high complexity, was made so extrememly simple for people to use, yet you still fail...
Well that was a bit too much flaming.
I am curious though what causes some of the community's members to not have Battle Eye functioning correctly while for the rest it works perfectly.  My reason, as stated before, would be that it is indeed the users' fault :-\  Verify this $able?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:45:14 pm »
Yes.

Also, this is no bug. However, the 24 hours default ban never should have been there in 1.4.1 - thats why it will be set to 5 minutes (by default) in 1.4.2.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 04:50:37 pm »
zyxstand you really are dumb. this is the BattlEyes fault during its update in the game it sometimes fails and then it bans as fast as it can. also zyxstand could you answer me why this unabel to run soldat bug was in soldat? was it because of the users? no it wasnt it was a bug in the game which took MM quite a lot time to fix. so please shut up and dont post dumb comments. because in your words you say all bugs comes from the user but htere you are totaly wrong and I can see you lack intelligence.

and in my case the problem is NOT the update why cant you two read? it is the conncetion that fails and then BattlEye bans because it is gay and cant understand that the conncetion betwen the user and the server is lost.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 04:52:54 pm by -Major- »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 05:03:09 pm »
Well, to the game server and the BE Server it just looks like you dont answer anymore for a few seconds until you are removed because of that. During this time, the BE Server tries to resend the packets to you and then kicks you if you dont respond - thats just normal. - And I already commented on the ban time.

Anyway, no need to call us dumb when we understand what you are talking about.

Have a nice day/night.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:27 pm »
no read zyxstands post. where he said this was MY fault.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 05:07:38 pm »
Anyway.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 05:09:31 pm »
also do the BattlEye and the server have no communication with each other. if the server doesn't receive and packages it understand I am disconnceted and should tell BattlEye I am. a anti-hack system that has no communication with the server is quite a useless anti-hack. I did not register this game to make MM remove all the fun in the game and also add BattlEye which fails me.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 05:11:55 pm »
Well, but most of the time the server notices after BattlEye that the client is dead.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 05:13:33 pm »
well then set a longer delay before BattlEye kicks. a anti-hack program cant act all by it self then it would start to kick on server scripts.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 05:19:40 pm »
Of course, it acts all by itself when kicking players for hacks as well. Thats why it is integrated into the server...

Atm the delay is ~35 seconds in average from the moment your connection drops. After that time you are kicked for "Client not responding". This is already long enough.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 05:27:28 pm »
hmm why doesnt the server see I am disconnected during these 35 seconds? and then forward it to the BattlEye.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 05:29:56 pm »
Its not always like that. Sometimes the server notices sooner, sometimes later. Also, above value is an average value.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 05:34:22 pm »
well currently I am banned at almost all Realsitc servers. and what about adding another safty thing which will requier a little more recourses. so that the soldat server sends packets about player information to the  BattlEye client all the time. and if a packet says the player does not send anymore packets BattlEye des not ban the ip. well I am fully against this anti-hack problem because all the hackers before was noobs so it didnt do any diffrence.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 05:46:25 pm »
Well that adds too much complication. With a ban time of 5 minutes it will not matter much anyway...

Also, I should add that its not BE banning you but Soldat. BE does not ban here, just kick. It was MM's idea to always ban and control this from Soldat code.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 06:07:16 pm »
someone needs a change of tampon...
did you try plugging in the power cord to your computer?

1 - I never said it was your fault.  I said PERHAPS it's your fault (and perhaps YOU should learn to read...).  In case you haven't noticed, I also said that I wonder what causes BE to work for some and not for others.  Since I don't know other people's situations, I asked $able what he thought about this...
Can't think of anything original to put here...