Author Topic: Public modded hairstyles  (Read 1882 times)

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
Public modded hairstyles
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:14:37 pm »
Inspired by Justin's "afro" topic, I came up with this.

Hairstyles that you have modded should be downloaded to the servers you join. A hairstyle is like a 15x15 MAX picture, it would take a fraction of a second to download. It would eliminate the restriction on hairstyles, plus you can be more unique. Eh?

Offline brad

• Soldier
  • In-Game Name: <F&S>Frosty the Snowman
Re: Public modded hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 04:15:49 pm »
These sort of things have been suggested a lot, and they're not really necessary. They may make your soldier "prettier," but it's really not worth MM's time when it is easily moddable. And what happens to the people who don't want some crazy afro every time they join a server?

sorry, f11

"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."
Halo: Legendary Trilogy

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:30:24 pm »
well - this is going too far now imo,
I'd say the afro is the limit.  Next thing you know is people are gonna want to be able to spray custom logos like in CS - it ain't gonna happen in soldat.

F11 (hopefully people won't post after this so this can sink to the bottom of the list and fade out of everyone's memory)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:36:54 pm »
F11 (hopefully people won't post after this so this can sink to the bottom of the list and fade out of everyone's memory)

lol.

People won't magically join servers with afros. You join a server with the hair you choose. Possibly, there could be a server option to disable custom hairdos.

I only suggested it because I think it would not be terribly hard to do, and not use hardly any extra resources or time. Think about it, the hair is a pretty small graphic.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:54:53 am »
F11... I want my hair

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:07:38 am »
Why does everyone want new hair and stuff, There are millions of things that could be added to soldat that are way more usefull...
Banned

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 09:22:25 am »
Why does everyone want new hair and stuff, There are millions of things that could be added to soldat that are way more usefull...

Yeah!  Like braces for your teeth, perhaps also some grills up in there, and a nosering and earrings!
lol jk, yeah flami is right, we definitely have other things to worry about.  1.4.2, here you come!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Red_Dawn

• Major
  • C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:26:14 am »

liek making the game give u a sandwich and shoot money out of your  speakers!

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 12:40:37 pm »
Lol, fine. There are always more important things to do, but sometimes maybe MM wants to take an easy day when he's designing lol.

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40:58 am »
f12, but if a player w/ a custom hair joins a game wont there be lag issues caused by his hair(have to download it)?

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Xasthur

• Major
  • Beyond Light
    • Soldat.hu
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 07:43:32 pm »
f12, but if a player w/ a custom hair joins a game wont there be lag issues caused by his hair(have to download it)?

Was thinking about that too.

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 01:13:40 pm »
might not cause lag at all if done right(hair gfx are small), but the game might have to reload graphic everytime.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
What's the point of modding it if you are THE ONLY ONE TO SEE? There really is no point, if custom gosteks could be seen by EVERYONE, which would be AWESOME, then yeah F12!!! I still don't get why this isn't implemented. If someone cares about lag,  there could always be an option "download custom gosteks y/n" if no, then only default gosteks would shot up.
destroy

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 08:49:05 pm »
What's the point of modding it if you are THE ONLY ONE TO SEE? There really is no point, if custom gosteks could be seen by EVERYONE, which would be AWESOME, then yeah F12!!! I still don't get why this isn't implemented. If someone cares about lag,  there could always be an option "download custom gosteks y/n" if no, then only default gosteks would shot up.

Because you know squat about game programming.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 02:11:23 am »
F11

i dont need to say why...  modded hair is just a bad idea.   
if it is such a small graphic, why should you even care about it?  stuff like thats just gonna ruin this game.  imo it'll be around for a few more years at the rate this is going.   all this should be saved for when link-dead comes out.  for now, just leave the game alone, PLEASE.

edit: oops :# i diddnt see how old this topic was :( sorry
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:03:15 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007