Author Topic: wypt - mid air change dir  (Read 1604 times)

Offline daz

• Major(1)
wypt - mid air change dir
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:12:43 pm »
Ok here's currently how I have it setup: Spawn point, beneath that fly up waypoint connected to a waypoint that is nothing. What I had expected to happen is when it reached the 3rd waypoint they would stop boosting and would let themselves fall to the ground. As that did not work, could someone tell me how?

I realize this doesn't match the title, I want to get the above working first and then try to make him start going left after I get it working.

Offline spkka

• Camper
Re: wypt - mid air change dir
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:35:47 am »
could you do a quick draw off that i don´t really understand what your trying to say
and what do you mean by fall to the ground... Prone?

Offline daz

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:35:30 pm »

That's what I did.. am I doing it wrong? D= Oh and what I mean by fall to the ground is to just stop moving and let gravity carry them down, but that's not really that important, I want him to go up and then go up left.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 08:43:42 pm »
hmm i dunno if thats possible in one movement, ''the mid air change''. Would work if he lands, and makes another jump/fly... but thats not what you want i think...
Try random things or check if someone else in another map ever done that what you want to achieve!
Good luck!
Spkka

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 04:53:12 pm »
Get rid of the Up in the Left wypt. That tells them to press W while flying. You only need Up for jumping—always keep in mind that bots do exactly what they're commanded to, so make sure those commands are good.

You might also want to bring the starting waypoint a bit higher (having it as close to the spawn point graphic as possible would be the best location)