Author Topic: 100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid  (Read 7167 times)

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
Re: 100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 06:30:48 pm »
By the way, how do you go about figuring that the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old? I think it's quite obvious that if creation did happen it did not happen in 6 literal days. After all, days didn't really exist until the 4th 'day' when the sun was created. Before then, there was light and dark but no way to measure lengths of time.

Days are most likely just a nice way of separating the different parts of creation. So, I would go with the idea that the earth is in fact millions of years old.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:30 pm »
By the way, how do you go about figuring that the Bible says the earth is 6000 years old?

Figure out the age of every person mentioned in the Bible, then count backwards to Adam and add a few days.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 06:44:56 pm »
Yeh that's what I was saying though. The 'days' are not 24 hours. They are a nice simple way of separating the parts of creation. A process which too place over millions of years.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 07:04:51 pm »
I like how the only fault you find with my post is about the Bible being 6000 years old.. This is something I recall and I'm not 100% on it. But you're nitpicking let's face it.

You cannot deny the logic in any other part of my post and you are yet to even mention it. Does that imply you agree? Or that you haven't figured out a way to disagree.

I like how you've turned 6 days into millions of years as a way of adapting to widely accepted scientific teaching.

The problem is when you find a fault with the Bible someone finds a very stupid way of basically saying "but the bible doesn't mean that literally". That's adapting your Beliefs to fit what can be proven.

I wonder if there's several religious propaganda websites that hand out answers to difficult logical scientific questions for people to use in discussions like this... *ponders*
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 07:37:24 pm »
I like how the only fault you find with my post is about the Bible being 6000 years old.. This is something I recall and I'm not 100% on it. But you're nitpicking let's face it...rant, etc.

...Who are you talking to?

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2007, 03:52:09 am »
The only way to prove this matter would be to go back in time and show people, "this really happen 6000 years ago". (No, I don't believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old.)

Since the religious have god on their side they would naturally be able to go back and prove it, wouldn't they? Or, "that's not the way it works"?

Edit: Wtf? Micro evolution is not evolution? Huh? Of course it is! If like a dog breeds a variation and the variation outsurvives the 'original', then evolution has occured. Just multiply this event lots of times, then we have different races with different perks and traits. Hey, evolution is stupid? This man is stupid ;_;
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:24:35 am by ChromedGun »

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 05:45:45 am »
I like how the only fault you find with my post is about the Bible being 6000 years old.. This is something I recall and I'm not 100% on it. But you're nitpicking let's face it...rant, etc.

Himself. You are just getting this now!?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 06:14:01 am »

I was talking to you and Wormdundee. - Hence why I posted after you in response to what you had posted. This is how discussion works on a forum, people respond to other peoples opinions, which are then responded to in turn.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 09:08:36 am »

I was talking to you and Wormdundee. - Hence why I posted after you in response to what you had posted. This is how discussion works on a forum, people respond to other peoples opinions, which are then responded to in turn.

And this is how quoting works, due to the fact that there is actually more than one person to talk with on forums. It's a shocker, isn't it? You should try it some time.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 01:43:32 pm »

Yes, but when you're rebutting somebody out of thin air, we tend to look for that person.  The trouble is that nobody was disagreeing with you -- you were talking to yourself.

In fact, that's bugging me -- I don't enjoy debates where the other point of view isn't voiced.  Come back here, {LAW} Gamer_2k4.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 01:45:43 pm by VijchtiDoodah »

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 06:40:41 pm »
And I was not in fact saying that that was what I believe. I was saying that that is one point of view that has been thought of and I think it's a fairly likely interpretation of the creation story and it makes a whole lot more sense when one of the definitions of God is supposed to be that he is 'outside of time'.

I only replied to the part about the 6000 years quite obviously because that was what I felt like talking about and I in fact did not take issue with any other part of your post.

If you're going to fly off the handle about some little thing like that, you need to calm down. It's a forum, which encourages discussion on topics. I was discussing, it seems like you want the discussion to end with you telling everyone that evolution is infallible.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 02:49:25 pm »
Well amusingly enough you've just voiced a one sided arguement about me flying off the handle... so in response...

Don't fly off the handle about me apparently flying off the handle, and calm down!!

You seem to be slightly avoiding the topic...

The topic is about evolution being stupid.. and all of the part of my post which you didn't have an issue with was in response to the statement posed in the first post.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:52:00 pm by Mangled* »