Author Topic: Predator Mode  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
Predator Mode
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:49 pm »
Hey, I've been thinking about this for sometime...

Man that sounds bad, just like any other noob would say...Anyways

It would be like Rambo mode, except you are always cloaked. You only get kills/frags/points when you are predator, and if you kill predator, you become predator. Who get's the most points wins. Pretty basic thus far.

Problems?

Weapons.

Predator would only have two weapons. Combat knife for main, and maybe a modifed m79 for secondary. Knife representing Predator claws, and m79 the plasma cannon. The m79 could be slowed down or have a fire period, as the current barret does.

Any thoughts to make this any better, I am surprised that predator mode included and not a mode dedicated to it ;)

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
Re: Predator Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:26:24 pm »
i was thinking of something like this from the game farcry and this is how i thought it would work

1 pred would be allot faster and kinda like the airman hack
2 pred would have 1 hit kills with chain knife and pistol
3pred would be easly killed
4 other people would have enhanced aim(less recoil)

but ur idea is good
Holy Poop!

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:06:03 pm »
hmm original idea :)
some slight adjustments might be good :p

i vote for!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:28:04 pm »
Or everyone in the whole game is in Pred mode and works with all game modes :D

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 02:29:46 pm »
Aye, I like this idea, however it poses several irregular complications that can only be solved by many hours of tedious study.

Other than these points put forth before I speak shall be:
WOOT

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 02:47:50 pm »
Nice, very nice I love being in predator mode. :>
I support your idea, Schwepps.
18:15

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
    • http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1116690
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 02:48:58 pm »
Ahhhh, a Mode like Survival or CTF you can say?

Why not! It's always great when new things are created. And here it's really interesting.
Originally posted by Raptor
Who in this site needs french translation???
Je suis Français et je vous emmerde.

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 03:25:29 pm »
Sound like fun.

But predator should just have LOTS of jet instead of infinite since you'd get people who were in lead and they'd go and hide in some corner no one can reach without predator.

And custom weapons for predator would be cool too.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 03:34:15 pm »
wouldnt everyone just choose autos and spray everywhere to find the predator. also, could mm remove the skinline(remove all gosteks and run around, there are small white lines that you can see when you have predator on.) would the predator bleed?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 04:50:36 pm »
I say Nay, predator is already incorperated enough into the game as a powerup, and it doesnt deserve it's own game mode.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 08:38:56 pm »
wouldnt everyone just choose autos and spray everywhere to find the predator. also, could mm remove the skinline(remove all gosteks and run around, there are small white lines that you can see when you have predator on.) would the predator bleed?

Autos would be an easy combatant against pred, as they're typically used by myself to quickly pin-point the pred.

With this also said, How many times have you sprayed randomly and actually found a pred? I know I haven't. I always have to look for the light bend.

If you remove the light bend, it would make predator completely invisible, which breaks the point of predator, since he uses a  cloaking device, not invisibility capes :P

Yes, Predator would bleed. He's mortal after all.

Possibly green blood? Keeping it more in the predator mood. But blood color doesn't make a huge difference in the end, just eye candy.

a-4-year-old, I suppose Rambo-mode should be removed aswell. Though it doesn't have a reality in actual game play. It is just an alternate mode for something different to play around with. Predator is very popular atleast amoung my friends.  Having a mode dedicated to some form of predator hunting as described above again is just something different.

With Rambo mode also said, I find it rather depreciated as I don't know anyone who has played it more than once, As Rambo is very over powering. The predator mode that I have described above allows for a more fair type of game play. Being predator only has a melee weapon, and -maybe- a dulled form of the m79 and cloak. While everyone else has access to all weapons, powerups, and a 1 vs all favour.

A Predator mode would not only help add to a more diverse type of game play (other than basic me vs all  fragging), it would help out in making other game modes, (rambo) to be played more often.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:41:08 pm by Schweppes »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 10:05:06 pm »
This has already been suggested somewhat with making The Hidden a mode in Soldat. I like the idea and think it'd be R/S worth playing.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 10:10:25 pm »
hmm original idea :)
some slight adjustments might be good :p

i vote for!

BS that this idea is original. I suggested it in the old forums (as Dragon Reborn) and no one liked it. If you can, get someone to check, i did suggest this idea already.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk

• Major
  • Bush to the rescue!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 05:18:50 pm »
It be awesome i think.It should give ya a laser weopan like the ones in the weopan and automaticaly lock on to enemys or use thermal vission and you could be completly invisible so you can sneak up on people and knife them.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 08:32:09 pm »
It be awesome i think.It should give ya a laser weopan like the ones in the weopan and automaticaly lock on to enemys or use thermal vission and you could be completly invisible so you can sneak up on people and knife them.

Yeah, and while we're at it, let's give everybody else an aimbot!
(Note the sarcasm)

Whats the point of making the predator completely invisable and why give them the ability to automatically lock on to someone? We do want to kill him at some point in the game.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 06:42:34 am »
Predmatch would be pretty interesting... And custom weapons for the predator? sure why not, they have a bow for RM...

Though still think my ideas to save RM may be good enough... like the "hold up fire" thing for the bow and so on...

Offline Scrooge

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 07:09:16 am »
For a 1v1 you could do a guy with rambo bow (arnie) vs cloaked guy wih knife (predator) and reanact the last scene in predator. Im all for a predator mode!
R.I.P Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 09:11:13 am »
Good idea :).Im huge predator fan ^^.

Offline UGK

• Major
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 09:19:04 am »

And custom weapons for predator would be cool too.

Shoulder Cannon!
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline shoes

• Major(1)
  • C'est un vrai français
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 10:00:11 am »
but what happens if the predator decides to ruin the game by hiding?
C'est un vrai français

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 01:29:29 pm »
but what happens if the predator decides to ruin the game by hiding?

Predator isn't that hard to find first of all, he still can be seen. Second, you could quit the game and start another or something else, Or third. And perhaps the better idea, Have it so predator must be moving to stay clocked, Perhaps have a 10 or 20 second standing period before going unclocked?

Perhaps something like that.

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 08:23:05 pm »
good idea, how about knife and chainsaw?

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 08:44:41 pm »
if predator was just camping and would hide, he probably would get kicked. but if he did... who would become predator? there would have to be something you pick up to become THE predator.

ALSO, i totally agree with this. this sounds fun.