Poll

Do you want from me to continue building this RP?

Yes
15 (55.6%)
Not
12 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Soldat "Real Life"  (Read 10502 times)

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
  • I'm not hacker! I just love to eat all the bullets
Re: Soldat "Real Life"
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 10:39:29 am »
Im just going to say this is never going to happen and it would suck anyways so maybe you should start thinking about your life and not "SOLDAT REAL LIFE" :D

Hehe, just wanted to say that!
Dude, this is only about this: I will build it, i will find admins, and i will play it, when i will have some time. Thats all.

Offline Xasthur

• Major
  • Beyond Light
    • Soldat.hu
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 10:43:14 am »
Hope you will make it, but I doubt.

Offline Martino

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 10:49:52 am »
I think that it's good idea but I really think that this is impossible to make this on 1 server because of problems. I really don't understand what kind of jobs do you want to give here. I do know only few jobs that you can do in soldat.I really think that it will be better on web page and lot of servers. Every for 1 job. Buying will be on web. Job will be in realtime so that means that if you go to job you can't go anywhere else. Every player will have few healths so assasinating will be really useful.

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 12:42:56 pm »
I prefer the climbing community...Soldat life, meh sounds too complicated.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline Red_Dawn

• Major
  • C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 12:49:10 pm »
yeah do the climbing one unless u can make scripts like that

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 01:32:33 pm »
I think, for people will be better Real Life.. why ? Cause there are no Elite Admins required... Look, Soldat Climb Community is openned 9 days, and there is still no other elite admin. But i need him. Also there are 5 other persons, which wants become Basic Admin... Look, i need Elites first..

Offline puddlejumper

• Major
  • .:|Born A Marine|:.
    • The R/S Soldat Website
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 01:36:18 pm »
Good idea, however, I have a few suggestions.

1) Don't expect people to jump up to help you. Try to do it yourself; learn scripting and map making if you have to.

2) The idea itself is a good one, however Soldat isn't built to do the kind of things you want done. This doesn't mean that you can't do it. I'd work with MM to see what he can do to help you (I.E. make some NPC's with conversation scripts, etc.).

3) Lag? MM had an idea... http://mm.soldat.pl/?p=18

4) This is for the people who posted here: Stop being so negative. If you think it's going to fail, don't post and ignore this thread. I hate people who go around throwing their ignorance and unwillingness to help in other's faces just because it seems too hard. It's entirely pointless to tell someone their idea is going to fail. The only way most people learn is by failing. I can't tell you how much I've learned just by having an idea and working toward it. I usually failed, but I learned things that will make me succeed in the future.

5) This is going to take more than a month. I'd suggest reading some books about Project Management, because it'll take time, effort, people and a lot of stress.

6) Just do it!

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:30 pm »
puddlejumper:
I know that all, cause ive got my experiences.. I could make big map, and i will rent a server.  I think, for 30 persons is enough (i will know more later). Then i need only mod scripter ( i hate scripting, i hate numbers, i hate letters, ffs).
I will start everything at start of August. You people can still vote, and type here your suggestions. I will read everything after i will come back from camping (21.7 - 31.7).

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »
Climbing Community, I think ppl would play Sims instead of Soldat Real Life.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 06:42:28 pm »
The one huge problem in your idea here is that you don't want to do scripting. This sounds like along the lines of those people who are all "I'm going to make a game, it's going to be totally awesome, and all I need are graphic artists, programmers, mappers, sound effects people, and everybody else! How easy is that?!!?"

What usually happens in these situations is that noone wants to give that much time to something that they didn't even come up with, aren't really that excited about, and aren't getting any compensation for it besides the fact that you made something.

I know that's kind of what happened with Ouden.

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 03:43:38 am »
I think, i should put there just realistic mode. Levels dont matter. I am building that map, im at 1% atm ...

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 03:55:32 am »
F11 F11 F11 F11

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 04:18:01 am »
F11 F11 F11 F11
Nice one I must say.
- "Hey, which one of these communities should I start?"
- "Not in favor of."

Wormdundee raises a valid point; you're not really going to do much yourself, you're demanding too much from others, and very few would like to jump onto this rather huge "real life" project (if it's going to be as epic as you're trying to present it).

I'd say go for the climbing one as it wouldn't require nearly as much effort from your side (biased opinion since I'm a lazy cunt myself).

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 04:42:38 am »
F11 F11 F11 F11
Nice one I must say.
- "Hey, which one of these communities should I start?"
- "Not in favor of."

Wormdundee raises a valid point; you're not really going to do much yourself, you're demanding too much from others, and very few would like to jump onto this rather huge "real life" project (if it's going to be as epic as you're trying to present it).

I'd say go for the climbing one as it wouldn't require nearly as much effort from your side (biased opinion since I'm a lazy **** myself).
1) I will do that, what wants other people
2) If i will do Climb Community, i should a) pay for 4 servers | b) i will need to buy irc bot | c) i will need to buy domain
IRC Bot: 18 euro
Domain: 15 euro / half year
Servers: 7 euro / month
_____total_____ 40 euro + 9,5 euro/month

~For "Real Life"
(Maybe) IRC Bot: 3 euro
Domain: 15 euro
Servers: 5 euro
_____total_____ 23 euro + 7,5 euro/month

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 06:07:43 am »
ok well if you are just going to change the numbers to prove a point then sure go ahead and make your server.

there are enough climb servers already and not enough people want to play "real life"
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 06:12:57 am »
ok, now i will need some "testers", which will tell me, "yes, this is good" or "no, this is not good"

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 06:28:09 am »
This is the crappest idea I've ever read. You can't have such a mod running, because you could only have 32 people on at the same time, and even so such a huge map would be unplayable ( 1) it will lag for everyone 2) people wouldn't be able to find each other ).

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 08:46:08 am »
Cause you "think" it only..

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 09:03:43 am »
demonic knows.
dont doubt his allmightyness
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 10:51:34 am »
You should definitely NOT start a climbing server. They suck, and there's allready more than enough. Interresting concept failing horribly.

Anyway, realistic mode freaking owns, so I really think you should go for that. Plus, there not nearly enough realplayers as it is, so anything to help, yeah?

:),
echo_trail
I fucking miss all you cunts!