Author Topic: [Help Needed] TW Script  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
  • When life gives you lemons, eat them :D
[Help Needed] TW Script
« on: July 22, 2007, 07:39:15 pm »
Script: Trench Wars Class Script
Description: When player joins team, player will type a command that will give the player a weapon and certain abilities. All primary weapons are disabled. (Radio class secondary weapons are limited. Flagger class has no weapons due to predator. Flagger has a predator power-up and can activate anytime wanted. When activated, player has 25 seconds to get flag and run. When time runs out, player will be out of luck and the only way to fight is to punch and throw nades.)
Current Class Types: Support = [Minimi]            [nades] = 2 [vest] = 1 (At a Time)
                               Medic =  [MP5]                [nades] = 0 [medikit] = 2 (At a Time)
                               Infantry =  [AK74] [AUG]    [nades] = 1 [medikit] = 1 (A life)
                               Rifleman =  [Ruger]            [nades] = 1 [medikit] = 1 (A life)
                               Commando =  [DE] [Spas]   [nades] = 1 [medikit] = 1 (A life)
                               Sniper =  [Barret]           [nades] = 1 [medikit] = 1 (A life)
                               Flagger =  [No Weapons] [nades] = 0 [medikit] = 0 (A life)
                               Radio =  [knife]                 [nades] = 0 [medikit] = 1 (At a Time)
Release: TBA 
Progression: 0%
                                                                               .:|HELP NEEDED|:.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:26:56 am by Master Chief43 »
In-Game Name: "Master Chief43"
Favorite Map: ctf_Ash
Favorite Mods: Special Operation 2.0, Original Soldier 1.9
Favorite Guns: [MP5][AK74][socom][Barret]

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
Re: [New][Help Needed] TW Script
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 08:05:23 pm »
like they would have to use that weapon every single time?

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:18:24 pm »
When the people are in a certain spot, they can switch between classes. When a player selects or switch their class, they must wait 5 seconds before they can switch thier class again.

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 08:19:19 pm »
hmmmm

sounds kinda weird

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:22:41 pm »
What do you mean? What sounds weird?

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:37:06 pm »
idk like why would u if u were in certain areas change weapons

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:06:27 pm »
Umm, well. I dunno. I like the whole fact about the classes and shit. But just not seeming like it would work. Flagger needs a knife. Radio should also be the medic, and should have only a pistol. And support should only be able to drop 1 at a time. No more then that. Normal people shouldnt be able to drop anything, and limited to gernades. No more then 2.

These things will also have to be played on long maps, and people should be able to change there classes whenever, but have the consequence that they have to restart from the beginning. No save points.
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:27 pm »
I don't think that anyone who plays TW will like this.... Only Medic would be needed.

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 10:08:04 pm »
Flagger needs a knife. Radio should also be the medic, and should have only a pistol. And support should only be able to drop 1 at a time. No more then that. Normal people shouldn't be able to drop anything, and limited to grenades. No more then 2.
This would indeed balance gameplay out more. Not that is was balanced. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll update description now.
I don't think that anyone who plays TW will like this.... Only Medic would be needed.
Perhaps... Maybe you should make a poll of who would like medics in the TW servers or just test the medics on one server. See the feedback and go from there.

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 10:19:55 pm »
I play TW alot, and I like this idea.
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 11:22:23 am »
I don't like the whole idea, but it sounds fairly possible, except setting how many grenades a person has.. the only way i know of how to set a person grenades is by spawning a grenade pack on the person. but that limits the person's starting grenades to only 2 values, the max, and half the max.
I'm not fully understanding what you exactly mean with the and and the text beside them though.

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 11:56:38 am »
That means they how much a class can spawn.

Offline chrisgbk

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 11:59:48 am »
I don't like the whole idea, but it sounds fairly possible, except setting how many grenades a person has.. the only way i know of how to set a person grenades is by spawning a grenade pack on the person. but that limits the person's starting grenades to only 2 values, the max, and half the max.
I'm not fully understanding what you exactly mean with the and and the text beside them though.

I don't think he wants to limit the number of grenades a person can have; he wants to give certain classes free refills of grenades.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 12:14:17 pm »

I don't think he wants to limit the number of grenades a person can have; he wants to give certain classes free refills of grenades.
Ohhh, thats possible :D

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:14:45 pm »
I'm liking this idea.  I thought of this a while back too but didn't give it a ton of thought.

Anyway, you could do this too:
Since all weapons are pretty well balanced in soldat, make certain weapons weaker and as a complement give the person like extra health or something!  Like HK firing at half the rate but player gets [vest] or something...
Also, don't necessarily limit yourself to 2 weapon slots ;D
You can make the medic have health boxes appear in front of him (Like in Wolfenstein), unless that's what you were planning to begin*  Or simply have the closest ally get full health.  And when MovePlayer comes out (next week hopefully) you can make them respawn at a certain point to get protection...  Wow, imagine all the game modes with this MovePlayer!!!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 03:05:42 pm »
i got a zombie game mode idea that requires MovePlayer :D but i don't know yet...

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »
This would be battlefielding TW even more then it already is! LOL. Still, I like the idea.

Iq Unlimited