Author Topic: What happens?  (Read 959 times)

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
What happens?
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:35:46 pm »
No i do not want to find out first hand but all i wanna know is what happens when you are banned?  Can you no longer come to soldatforums or are you just forbidden to post?  How exactly does it work?  The reason i ask is because earlier today when the website wasnt working I thought i got banned for something becasue the page wouldnt load (even though i was sure i didnt do anything lol).  And how do you know if you are banned... i mean do you send emails or something.

And again i say NO i do not want to find out in a bad way.  A simple answer would be good.  (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: What happens?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:52:13 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, you cannot log into your account, but you can still view stuff as a guest.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 11:40:52 pm »
Oh ok... ive always wondered that.  Thanks.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 12:40:07 am »
If I'm not mistaken, you cannot log into your account, but you can still view stuff as a guest.

it depends on the kind of ban.  We can make the ban apply to your username or IP or e-mail address, and we can make it so that any combination of those things can either read or post, or neither.  Usually we go for a full ban on all of the information we have on someone, so that they can't even read the forums.

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 05:58:28 am »
when i was banned i got this for a whole week:

you are banned from the soldatforums for 7days. please come back after that period.

in a box in the midlle of a blue screen, couldn't see anything of the forums besides that.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 08:23:22 am »

it depends on the kind of ban.  We can make the ban apply to your username or IP or e-mail address, and we can make it so that any combination of those things can either read or post, or neither.  Usually we go for a full ban on all of the information we have on someone, so that they can't even read the forums.
Yeha, I knew that, considering I was IP banned from a forum a little under 4 years ago...

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 10:00:36 am »
I wasn't correcting you, I was adding to your post to help answer the original question that was asked ;)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 10:22:57 am »
I wasn't correcting you, I was adding to your post to help answer the original question that was asked ;)
It sounded like you were. :P