Author Topic: Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.2.7] (build 14)  (Read 175976 times)

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=13224.msg148311#msg148311

A large vulnerbility was found in this program; until it gets fixeduntil you update to the latest version, be aware that someone can gain admin access on your server using the old version.

I finally released my admin tool. It's connection code was based on MM's original Soldat Admin, but i changed that stuff a lot.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://arsse.u13.net/
(no website at the moment)

Mantis bugtracker: http://arsse.u13.net/mantis

[HOW TO USE]
If you have problems using it, i recommend reading THIS tutorial first. If you can't make it work, then read this:

First, set your admin password in soldat.ini (Admin_password in NETWORK section) and start your dedicated server. (When i say dedicated, i mean the REAL dedicated, not the one built-in the game.) You can download the REAL dedicated server from here.

When you are ready with this, start your soldatserver.exe and then run ARSSE (from any directory you like). Now you can set up ARSSE for your server:
If you are running it on localhost (your machine) you can use 127.0.0.1 for the ip (or the "localhost" hostname, without the "), use the default port (or whatever you set) 23073, and fill in your admin password. Now hit Connect and enjoy controlling your own soldatserver.
[/HOW TO USE]

[NEWS]
2007.04.14: Rehosted by FliesLikeABrick. Hurray and thanks! \o/ Sadly my Delphi refuses to work, so i couldn't add the updates I wanted and promised, so you have to wait. But I did repack the thing, so ARSSE is now delivered in a zip, no need to download arsse.zip and beta12.zip anymore. Check the links below.
2006.06.10: Links fixed for the new forums
2006.06.04:
New version is out for the new soldatserver features! fixed a bug also in the Command Box.
Chibi made a sexy website for ARSSE, check it out:
http://arsse.fracs.net/
\o/
Oh, and new screens are added. Taken from Leo's Realistic Servers, big thanks for them!
http://www.soldat-lra.net/
2006.04.05:
Added a few new functions:
Connect/Disconnect All, Auto-Reconnect on disconnect, Connect on startup.
Logs are now saved under "Server Name.txt" (the name on tabs)
[/NEWS]

ARSSE offers a bunch of nice features for soldat server admins.
Here's a short list:
  • Tabs for monitoring multiple servers at the same time
  • Favourite servers for faster access of your servers
  • Improved Player List
  • Improved command line
  • Encrypted server passwords stored in config files (option)
  • Command box with all the server commands
  • New server commands
  • Ingame commands
  • Super Fast Hotkeys for faster administration
  • Default Bots and Maps for faster, better Map changes and Bot adds
  • Colored player chat messages for better review
  • Automatic team swap function after map change
  • Automatic server messages
  • Avarage ping/score/death statistics
  • Resizeable window, player list and message box
  • Named bans
  • Minimize to system tray option
  • Basic scripting support
  • IRC Bot to control your servers from IRC, share access with your admins, etc.. (not completed yet)
  • etc, check readme for more details and up-to-date information

Few screenshots taken from Leo's Realistic Servers (http://www.soldat-lra.net/) \o/
Main window:
http://195.70.37.200/~kenderszov/laki/arsse/arsse1.jpg
Popup menus:
http://195.70.37.200/~kenderszov/laki/arsse/arsse3.jpg
Settings form:
http://195.70.37.200/~kenderszov/laki/arsse/arsse2.jpg

I hope you all like it. Any feedback is welcome, feel free to post your thoughts here or email me.

Download link: http://arsse.u13.net/arsse.zip
Mirror: http://www.mrp-soldat.com/downloads/ARSSE.zip
Full readme: http://arsse.u13.net/readme.arsse.txt

Updated mirror: https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=45508.0

Some features on my to-do list:

-Version checker
-IRC Bot
-FTP support for geting server settings, mapslist, etc
-Scripting support

Sadly I don't have any time now, so these features are badly delayed.

If you have any suggestion, please post it and i will try to implement  it.
Have fun using it! :)

ps: yes, it IS called ARSSE, for purpose. Bored of shty names that doesn't mean anything :)

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
Re: Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.1.6.3]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:43:58 pm »
Ok, i want you to know that i'm working on ARSSE now, fixing bugs, improving features and so on.

I just want to know if any of you who use ARSSE would use the Command Box if it was fully customizable. I mean you could add/modify your own custom set of commands (like make private, and so on)

It will be possible to add frequently used commands to the Command Box, for example Set league settings, or anything you can come up with.

[EDIT]
I decided to release the current beta to the public. It may change every day or so. it is labeled as version 1.2b, no matter when i modified something.

So here is the link:
http://legalize.hu/laki/arsse/beta12.zip

and the current change log: (it may change from time to time)
-fixed auto-connect bug: server showed disconnected
-fixed Connect on Startup showed false information
-added option to hide "Registering Server.." messages
-added hotkeys: z will send PM to the player selected in Player List, / will immediately focus on command line
-added Join Game function to Command Box - starts Soldat and joins the actual server
-added right-click menu to Command Box
-modified Command Box: commands are loaded from CommandBox.txt
-modified Command Box: custom commands can be added
-modified connected servers are now displayed in black, disconnected servers are in gray
-modified command line played a "beep" on pressing "Enter", now it's silent

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:42:14 pm »
Something I noticed with the auto-reconnect in the last released version (not beta, since I haven't tried it yet):

If the USER disconnects from the server by hitting the disconnect button, the auto-reconnect would still kick in, and reconnect the server. At times, I would want to disconnect to read up in the logs (for some reason, even when the option to not scroll down the textbox was checked, it still sometimes scrolls down automatically, which is another bug), but ARSSE would continue to reconnect me to the server.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 04:46:22 pm »
I feel so enchanted.  Gret work, good to see fixes and continuous work.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 01:43:32 am »
Something I noticed with the auto-reconnect in the last released version (not beta, since I haven't tried it yet):

If the USER disconnects from the server by hitting the disconnect button, the auto-reconnect would still kick in, and reconnect the server. At times, I would want to disconnect to read up in the logs (for some reason, even when the option to not scroll down the textbox was checked, it still sometimes scrolls down automatically, which is another bug), but ARSSE would continue to reconnect me to the server.
Thanks for noticing, will fix that soon.

Offline esko

• Major
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:14:37 am »
TY for Arsse and also TY for on-going development.
If your server is in survival mode, you may want to remove the !joinA and !joinB commands, as player spawn after using the command. I've had couple of cases where people just kept on spawning after death. One way would be adding /kill playernumber after /setteam, but I chose to remove the commands from players.

Also I'd really enjoy to be able to copy&paste text from the main window. At the moment I cant select any text from the window, it wont stay highlighted.
Also, !admin command seems to resize the main chat window, that is a bug of some sort?
Third, it would be nice to have an option to ignore all the 'File sent' messages when people load map graphics. when ten people load larger maps, the screen is flooded alot.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:04:03 am by esko »

in finland we have this thing called 'pilkunnussinta'

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:57:10 am »
TY for Arsse and also TY for on-going development.
If your server is in survival mode, you may want to remove the !joinA and !joinB commands, as player spawn after using the command. I've had couple of cases where people just kept on spawning after death. One way would be adding /kill playernumber after /setteam, but I chose to remove the commands from players.
I will (try to) add that you can set scripts for each server.
Also I'd really enjoy to be able to copy&paste text from the main window. At the moment I cant select any text from the window, it wont stay highlighted.
When you select some text it is instantly copied to the clipboard, so you can select any text you wish (main window is a bit bugged tho when you scroll it, etc.)
Also, !admin command seems to resize the main chat window, that is a bug of some sort?
Dunno, never noticed, but i will check on that.
Third, it would be nice to have an option to ignore all the 'File sent' messages when people load map graphics. when ten people load larger maps, the screen is flooded alot.
Will add that.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 09:45:02 am »
Also, leaving ARSSE running for an extended period inevitably results in a crash (under WinXP); memory usage slowly increases until it hits a high enough number (I forgot to check this time, but I've checked it before and it was something in the range of 160 MB)then starts rapidly flooding the screen with this(there are more messages than you can see; the bottom-most ones are stacked about 50 deep):

This is only when it's running ie: overnight.

Leaving it alone will result in windows silently killing the process.
Clicking OK on all of the message boxes will cause ARSSE to freeze, forcing you to end the process through task manager
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:49:07 am by chrisgbk »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:46:29 am »
Just wanted to ask if perhaps you could edit your original post to turn the huge images into links.  the way they are now, they cannot be read since the forum HTML resizes all large images that are linked (so the pages aren't distorted)

also (noticed this since I'm browsing at work) the pictures are large enough (file size) to saturate slow connections for a good 10-15 seconds

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 01:20:19 pm »
chrisgbk: i will try to fix that in the next release

FliesLikeABrick: done

Offline esko

• Major
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 04:46:57 am »

When you select some text it is instantly copied to the clipboard, so you can select any text you wish (main window is a bit bugged tho when you scroll it, etc.)

Ah, so it does. great :)

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 07:06:44 am »
I downloaded it, and tryed using it, but it wouldnt let me connect no mater wat I did
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 07:08:12 am »
Also, leaving ARSSE running for an extended period inevitably results in a crash (under WinXP); memory usage slowly increases until it hits a high enough number (I forgot to check this time, but I've checked it before and it was something in the range of 160 MB)then starts rapidly flooding the screen with this(there are more messages than you can see; the bottom-most ones are stacked about 50 deep):

This is only when it's running ie: overnight.

Leaving it alone will result in windows silently killing the process.
Clicking OK on all of the message boxes will cause ARSSE to freeze, forcing you to end the process through task manager

That happens to me when runnign a soldat server that is regular with no arsse, overnight.
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 07:40:00 am »
chrono, please use the edit button to add text to your first post, instead of posting multiple times right after yourself.

ARSSE is meant to be used with dedicated servers only, not the "built-in" server.  What exactly are you trying to do?

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 09:54:39 am »
On my computer, ARSSE is the only thing running; I'm connected to a remote dedicated server. And look at the title of the message boxes, what do they say.  ::)

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:33:34 pm »
Well, what i said before: i will look into these memory related problems, i have an idea where to start looking.

On your first problem crono:
Make sure you read the [HOW TO USE] section in the first post. If you understood everything and did what it writes and still have problems, feel free to ask.

[EDIT]
-fixed reconnected when clicked "Disconnect" and Auto-Retry was on
-fixed !admin command resized the main window

You can re-download the beta:
http://legalize.hu/laki/arsse/beta12.zip

Offline esko

• Major
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 10:59:33 pm »
-fixed !admin command resized the main window

Excellent TY

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 03:18:13 am »
well it works great but here are a couple things that would make it a bit better.
1. make it so you can schedule when to clear the alert box every so many minutes
2. make there while commands and function command in the script
3. not neccessary, but it would be cool if a mini irc chat box was built in, just an idea though :D

otherwise this is great, its like the polyworks of remote server..ing :)

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 04:02:54 am »
Well I use ARSSE for some time now, the new version is nice, good doing there.

Just got one problem, when I use the beta version, the program freezes. After I connect that is..
It stops at the fraze "List of commands available in the Soldat game manual"

Any one knows why this is?
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline GunPowder

• Major
  • That's all folks.
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 02:45:51 pm »
Great program, but I think the game scores should be in a more obvious location, It's kinda hard to look at using large monitors.

Edit: Maybe a customizable interface will help.