Author Topic: Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.2.7] (build 14)  (Read 177890 times)

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
Re: Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.1.6.3]
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 03:14:32 pm »
Well I use ARSSE for some time now, the new version is nice, good doing there.

Just got one problem, when I use the beta version, the program freezes. After I connect that is..
It stops at the fraze "List of commands available in the Soldat game manual"

Any one knows why this is?
Does it freeze or it still displays messages in the console window, but wouldn't display player names, scores, etc? It happened to me too, i think it's a bug in the server... REFRESHX sometimes stops working... :S
Or.. you are using the older version of soldatserver. Sadly, ARSSE beta is incompatible now with soldatserver version < 2.5.0

To the other suggestions:

I'm working on the script engine to be better, to handle WHILE, FOR statements and finally custom variables.
The IRC function needs many improvements, i think you can already chat with it (the bad thing that you must use raw irc commands...). It's sadly a bit unfinished and pushed under the carpet for a while...
I will set the "admin requested" popup to close after a set time.

You can suggest new layouts, but i suppose customizable interface will wait for a long time.

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 02:07:24 am »
Well I use ARSSE for some time now, the new version is nice, good doing there.

Just got one problem, when I use the beta version, the program freezes. After I connect that is..
It stops at the fraze "List of commands available in the Soldat game manual"

Any one knows why this is?
Does it freeze or it still displays messages in the console window, but wouldn't display player names, scores, etc? It happened to me too, i think it's a bug in the server... REFRESHX sometimes stops working... :S
Or.. you are using the older version of soldatserver. Sadly, ARSSE beta is incompatible now with soldatserver version < 2.5.0

It just freezes, and My server comes from selfkill. When I try to shut the program down I get a error message, and the thing to send errror to Microsoft etc etc.
It´s just that with your new version all is cool, just when I patched it, it gets frozen.. And it does not display scores... since the times I tried the server was empty... I´ll try it when there are peeps in there....
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 02:37:42 am »
I think the problem is, that your server runs soldatserver v2.4.8, which is ARSSE incompatible with..
If you could take a screenshot of the crash and freeze then i could solve your problem better.

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 04:15:36 am »
I will do that, Also I assume that I put the files into the older arsse map, since its a patch, but I have another pc standing here, I'll try the patch there first.... otherwise I put a screenie here ;)
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline Gasten

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 07:43:13 am »
OMG! This is soo cool! the >>Pirate<<-guy in this http://legalize.hu/laki/arsse/arsse3.jpg image is me! :D

/Done spamming.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 04:44:10 pm »
I just used this for the first or second time (used it long ago, older version) and I must say I'm impressed.  I'd use it more if there was a linux version or it ran in wine, but unfortunately neither of those are the case

edit: ooh yay it runs in wine

edit2: I really wish that hitting Tab would take you from the password box to the Connect button, I always try this and it doesn't work

edit3: if I change the name of the server before I connect, it gets reset to Server*.  I remember this from the last time I used it, because when I'm going through and adding all of my servers, it is just natural for me to rename it before I put in the info
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:46:12 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 01:08:36 am »
I just used this for the first or second time (used it long ago, older version) and I must say I'm impressed.  I'd use it more if there was a linux version or it ran in wine, but unfortunately neither of those are the case

edit2: I really wish that hitting Tab would take you from the password box to the Connect button, I always try this and it doesn't work

edit3: if I change the name of the server before I connect, it gets reset to Server*.  I remember this from the last time I used it, because when I'm going through and adding all of my servers, it is just natural for me to rename it before I put in the info

Press Enter after you rename the server; failure to do so followed by clicking elsewhere causes the name to revert to what it was prior. I can guarantee (since I just tried it now) that doing that on a freshly created tab for a new server will not cause it to "lose" it's name.

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 02:25:43 am »

I will compile a version for linux if i get Kylix sometimes (and if i install a desktop-linux on my machine). Untill then, you should use it with wine. You could share your experiences about wine and ARSSE if you feel so.

Hmm.. that must be a bug. I'm pretty sure i set it to jump to the Connect button if you press Tab... will fix that. By the way, you can hit Enter on the password, port and hostname boxes to connect.

You must press Enter to set the name, if you click anywhere, the new name won't apply. But if you wish, i will add that only ESC will cancel the new name.

[edit]
Ok, new beta out, with the requested things.

-fixed pressing Tab on password box takes you to Connect button
-modified server name is changed if clicked anywhere, hitting ESC cancels renaming
-modified pings are displayed in color depending on value in Player List

Download

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.2 beta]
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 04:07:44 am »
oh dude, bright yellow on a white background IS NOT COOL!

Change it please, ewww, my eyes ouch

EDIT: Oh, and pings like 200 should not be red, 300+ should be red.

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 05:03:57 am »
okay, will change that.. i couldn't test the colors right now that's why it's so bright.

[edit]
Ok, it's fixed. ping colors are the following right now:
<100: Green
between 100 and 300: Olive
>300: Red

values can be changed on request.

Small change:

-added teamkills.ini to store global teamkillers. Will be improved later

How it works: EchoKills=1 must be enabled for this. If a teamkill is noticed then the player's teamkill count is incremented by 1 and written to teamkillers.ini
I will improve this, so potential teamkillers will be noted in Player List.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 07:30:02 am »
What is the meaning of the pop-ups with player's names and IP's ??

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:55 am »
What is the meaning of the pop-ups with player's names and IP's ??
Woops.. that's left in accidentally. Removed, so you can re-download. (It was left in for debugging)

Offline GunPowder

• Major
  • That's all folks.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 08:19:50 am »
Since you're in this coloring phase, I'd like to suggest coloring the player's name according to the team he's in ; Like blue for bravo, red for alpha, etc...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:36:42 am by GunPowder »

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 08:59:40 am »
Hmm.. it's a bit odd, but if you think it's ok, i will leave it in.

Here's a fast pic:

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 11:25:23 am »
Yeah, looks ok to me. Also I hope you can use the tkillers.ini, however I noticed some bugs like the same name many times instead of adding to number of tkills.Like:

Playerxxx 1
Playerxxx 1
Playerxxx 1

Or they could be same names but different IP's ?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 01:08:33 pm »

Press Enter after you rename the server; failure to do so followed by clicking elsewhere causes the name to revert to what it was prior. I can guarantee (since I just tried it now) that doing that on a freshly created tab for a new server will not cause it to "lose" it's name.

I am hitting enter, I'm not a moron ;)

Try it: make a new tab, set the name of the tab, then put in the connection info and click connect.  The name will revert.
^ this appears to only happen when it is being used in wine.  In windows it works fine

edit: another bug I noticed is that the team info box (the one under the options button) is very buggy when you're changing between tabs, the information doesn't change to the new server until something is done that makes it update (like the refresh coming).  IMO it should change right as you change tabs
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:12:31 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 02:30:50 pm »
another bug I noticed is that the team info box (the one under the options button) is very buggy when you're changing between tabs, the information doesn't change to the new server until something is done that makes it update (like the refresh coming).  IMO it should change right as you change tabs
Yeah, that's a long-time bug.. it always been there, sadly i didn't fix it yet. But in the next release... ;)

Yeah, looks ok to me. Also I hope you can use the tkillers.ini, however I noticed some bugs like the same name many times instead of adding to number of tkills.Like:

Playerxxx 1
Playerxxx 1
Playerxxx 1

Or they could be same names but different IP's ?

Hmm.. dunno about it, i had no time to test (didn't even want to release it, but the ping-colors forced me to do so). If you could send me an ini to let me see, i could fix it faster. I'm planning to add an icon to the player's name if he is a mass-teamkiller (the number of tk's can be set later - after how many tks would ARSSE count someone as a mass tk-er.) I will add an OnKill event also to the scriping engine - which i'm planning to improve too. I'm planning to add built-in functions (somewhat similar to the CommandBox.txt functions), variables, for, while cicles, improved if-then-else and so on.

So many plans to improve... so few time to spend on...

Also what do you think about the colored names? I personally don't like 'em.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 03:42:08 pm »
I have sent you a PM with the .ini I have no problem with the names, they could be coloured or not. Nice improvements you have in program :)

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 06:49:43 pm »
Try it: make a new tab, set the name of the tab, then put in the connection info and click connect.  The name will revert.
^ this appears to only happen when it is being used in wine.  In windows it works fine

Hmm, wine must be failing to do something, or maybe doing some weird caching of data thing? Or maybe windows is just "smart" and it does extra things behind the scenes... Strange indeed.

I'm curious KeFear, what language is this programmed in, Delphi? It seems that way from what I've read, being that it builds on the original admin code. If it is, have you considered doing a Kylix port? That way, FLAB would have a native admin client. And using the CrossKylix plugin for the delphi IDE, you can even compile from windows. The only thing, is that Kylix uses CLX(which is based on Qt) instead of VCL, so you would need to adapt much of the existing code to use the different methods/properties etc.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 07:15:29 pm »
Last time I checked CrossKylix wont compile GUI apps.