Author Topic: Breakdown In Communication  (Read 1384 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Breakdown In Communication
« on: August 05, 2007, 01:28:12 pm »
Is it just me, or does it seem like there is less teamchat then there used to be, at least in pubs. It seems like a year ago you were always getting "3 enemies low" or "EFC escaping up", but know only 1 or 2 people in a server say these things. Even when you say things like this, people hardly pay attention. People are getting easy caps, especially on Inf, becuase people don't even know where the EFC is. Is this happening to you too, or is it just me? (once again, this happens mostly in pubs)
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
Re: Breakdown In Communication
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:43:03 pm »
Because moest people in pubs don't even have editted taunts.
Banned

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:46:34 pm »
You don't need edited taunts to be able to tell someone where the flagger is. I don't think I've ever had edited taunts and I've been in many clan wars so I know how useful communication is.

I mean typing out 'efc low' takes about half a second as does any other important information.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 01:49:52 pm »
1u, 1m, 1d

eu, em, ed

fu, fm, fd

Takes what, 0.2 seconds to write? ;( and usually you taunt when you are dead, especially the incoming-taunts.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 03:49:12 pm »
I have dedicated all my numbers to ctf alerts.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:10:36 am »
1u, 1m, 1d

eu, em, ed

fu, fm, fd

Takes what, 0.2 seconds to write? ;( and usually you taunt when you are dead, especially the incoming-taunts.

Most people in pubs do not understand what all those abbreviations mean. But still, it doesn't take long to type efc, inc etc.. Most people just don't bother or think they can take care of it themselves.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:47:03 am »
I don't think people will understand what you mean when you type 'fu' ;).

It's true that most of the players in public servers don't have their own taunts. However, I don't see any decrease or increase in the usage of taunts in public servers. I think it depends on the server you play on.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 08:21:47 am »
I always use these kinds of warnings and reports and you know what? If you starts using them, other people will quickly catch on and help!

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 09:35:05 am »
I also use them a lot. When your teammates don't use good communication, I think that's a major problem because it might be why your team is losing.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 10:57:11 am »
Most people in pubs don't communicate.  Why?  Cause pubs are just for fun, so what if you lose, it's just a game.  Most people in CWs or Gathers or whatever are usually playing competitively, so of course they would use taunts.
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 02:14:55 pm »
You know why I don't communicate in pubs anymore? Cause it create some sort of expectation for me. If I tell them were the EFC/FFC is every time, they begin to rely on me. Then one time, I don't where the EFC is, and the opponents cap, and suddenly my team's shoving their ego into my face.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:45:10 pm »
I have heavily edited taunts for INC's, EFC's, and FFC's. What really pisses me off is when my own team says "SHUDDAF*CK UP NOOB". Usually happens when i taunt right after the other "INC HIGH" "INC MID" or more than one in a second. I'm just telling them where the baddies are... geez. If they are coming from more than one place, I FEEL MY TEAM SHOULD KNOW, FTW.