Author Topic: M79 alteration  (Read 8962 times)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
Re: M79 alteration
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 02:16:50 am »
/\what he said./\

really, do you even understand how boring soldat would become if there would be less explosions?
And besides, if you out this in, barret will get popular again. And you fat nubbets will be at the starting point. ;D

Also ive investigated this and i found out that its way more efficient to use any auto (exept for minigun. (delay)) in a full deathmatch server rather than the m79.

1. is that you will have to be safe while you reload it.
2.the reload rate is long so you wont kill too fast.

on mp5 you can rape bunches of ppl without worrying about the above things. (reload fast, and fire rate deadly)

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 02:40:13 am »
So, what DOES that say about my character? That I like to have fun... that's pretty much it.

It also says you give up too easily. 

If people keep griping about getting killed too much then this game will be bland and pointless.

Either way, the point has been made.  People know the m79 is a problem, so until there are any plans to change it or the weapons balance these discussions are boderline pointless when all it amounts to is "all those m79ers pick on me too much, I'm quitting".

:'(
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 04:31:55 am »
Ugh.

Please read the rules! I clearly stated here that any weapon related changes should be posted in Weapons Balance Discussion. It's just one topic, 5 minutes of reading.

Moved to Weapons Balance Discussion ::)

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 09:38:52 am »
There's just no competition against a group of M79 users.

I totally disagree.
Let's have a 5x5 clanwar.. one team using M79 and the other one using autos. There's no way the M79 team can win this with all the other team spraying your ass with their autos. The strategy is very simple.. 2 players on defense and 3 attacking (two go for the flag and the third one keeps spraying the base from a distance).

M79ers hate to be killed from a distance as much as you hate being killed by them at close range.
It's just a matter of learning to keep a distance and fire from there.
And if you wanna run like crazy just move your mouse to the edge of the screen... you can spot a coming M79er and then you'll have enough time (and space) to get ready and shoot him before your face is blown.

Look, it's been the same damn story with the Barret. You whiners hated it so much that you added delay, bink, startup time and movement decreases accuracy. Now you want to add the same sh*t to the M79 so people will stop using it. Everybody will switch to the Ruger.. and then you're gonna do what, delay the Ruger too? You're gonna screw all the weapons until the only playable ones left are the autos?

There are other things that need to be balanced/fixed.
Self-bink is a good example, it should affect the automatics but is completely useless, just press your fire button quickly and your shots go straight as a line and the crosshair never gets big.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 10:31:30 am »
There's just no competition against a group of M79 users.

I totally disagree.
Let's have a 5x5 clanwar.. one team using M79 and the other one using autos. There's no way the M79 team can win this with all the other team spraying your ass with their autos. The strategy is very simple.. 2 players on defense and 3 attacking (two go for the flag and the third one keeps spraying the base from a distance).

M79ers hate to be killed from a distance as much as you hate being killed by them at close range.
It's just a matter of learning to keep a distance and fire from there.
And if you wanna run like crazy just move your mouse to the edge of the screen... you can spot a coming M79er and then you'll have enough time (and space) to get ready and shoot him before your face is blown.

Look, it's been the same damn story with the Barret. You whiners hated it so much that you added delay, bink, startup time and movement decreases accuracy. Now you want to add the same sh*t to the M79 so people will stop using it. Everybody will switch to the Ruger.. and then you're gonna do what, delay the Ruger too? You're gonna screw all the weapons until the only playable ones left are the autos?

There are other things that need to be balanced/fixed.
Self-bink is a good example, it should affect the automatics but is completely useless, just press your fire button quickly and your shots go straight as a line and the crosshair never gets big.

Ugh, a world of miniguns in other words >.>

5th_account

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 11:27:59 am »

Aye!! Apparently MM didn't know exactly how selfbink works in other games. In Soldat selfbink is first activated on the 4th bullet, where in other games it comes right after the first one.

Offline Yoshi

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 03:04:20 pm »
The M79 is perfect just the way it is. it's my standard gun i've been useing it since i found soldat years ago. admitedly it was at first the easy kill factor one could get with it. my aim was not so good and the facty you didnt have to have really good aim to get a hit with it made it a great weapon. we NEED a newbie weapon in the game something people can start withm not everyone who plays the game now found the game years ago you know. on the larger sized maps it's hard to be flooded by M79 shots i have been to DM servers that were full of users on a medium to small map and every single one of them was useing the m79 and it is kind of impossible to really play in such a circumstance. but outside of such an environment the weapon is FINE with no need to have any aspect of it changed.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 03:33:49 pm »
m79 is VERY balenced in my opinon.

If they miss me, i can kill em before they reload :)

thats my opinon.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 03:40:59 pm »

Except when you do dodge the shot and it still kills you.  >:( I dunno if that's a bug or lag that causes that, but it's really, really annoying. I'd agree that the M79 is balanced if the bugs or lag that causes the above and M79ers' ability to fire point blank without a selfkill weren't so prevailant in the game.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 06:06:41 pm »

Except when you do dodge the shot and it still kills you. >:( I dunno if that's a bug or lag that causes that, but it's really, really annoying. I'd agree that the M79 is balanced if the bugs or lag that causes the above and M79ers' ability to fire point blank without a selfkill weren't so prevailant in the game.

It's lag, and the point-blank shots is the key to getting rid of a m79. get close, and saw or punch, or stay right away.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 10:46:49 pm »
It's more fun when the shot hits you but doesn't kill you, and propels you forward hehe.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 03:03:10 am »
It's more fun when the shot hits you but doesn't kill you, and propels you forward hehe.

oh yea, one time in shau, i got shot from above while flying on the right side of the hill with the spikes, and the lag shock sent me into them, so either way i died :)