Author Topic: Grenades and You  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
Re: Grenades and You
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 10:37:40 am »
The grenades are good as they are right now. Sometimes they bounce and hit someone else so I'm not too worried about this. :P

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 02:53:54 pm »
I try not to use nades that much... they're annoying. Leave it to the good old fasioned bullet to do your dirty work.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 03:05:20 pm »
Bullets are nothing compared to my mighty arsenal of explosions.
I use nades, M79's and LAWs.
...I love fire and explosions.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 06:52:13 am »
If the pig was shot like over 6 rounds per second, I'd say it would move a bit.
My point exaclty. On your beloved mythbusters ep. (My bro dled whole seasons of that show :D) did they happen to be using some nice automatic weapons at a concentrated, constant fire rate? 'Cos the only time bullets really affect you in Soldat is when someone stands still and pumps you full 'o holes.

And if the 'nades bounced realisticly they would be lame...So small and un-useful. :D They need to [wheeeeee] flying away so you can hit people with the "WTH that hit me?" shot. *grin*
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 08:31:24 am »
You guys don't know shit about physics, get Vitch over here and he could easily school you guys in the basics of non elastic collisions.

I did a bit of math, and if you shot a 44 magnum at a 190 pound point blank and it somehow managed to stay embedded in him then he would move on a frictionless surface at .315 ft/s or about 4 inches a second.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 08:54:21 am »
You guys don't know **** about physics, get Vitch over here and he could easily school you guys in the basics of non elastic collisions.

I did a bit of math, and if you shot a 44 magnum at a 190 pound point blank and it somehow managed to stay embedded in him then he would move on a frictionless surface at .315 ft/s or about 4 inches a second.
Shoot him 7 times per second for 3 seconds and tell me how much he is moving then.

Also calculate how strong should Soldat be to jump 2 times his own height, next calculate how efficent the jets are, how much they burn petrol if Soldat wants to get from ground to 30 feet. :|
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 08:55:59 am »
Guys Soldat isnt realistic and its not need be realistic.
Im happy with this.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 10:03:07 am »
You guys don't know **** about physics, get Vitch over here and he could easily school you guys in the basics of non elastic collisions.

Shoot him 7 times per second for 3 seconds and tell me how much he is moving then.

Also calculate how strong should Soldat be to jump 2 times his own height, next calculate how efficent the jets are, how much they burn petrol if Soldat wants to get from ground to 30 feet. :|
yeah, about that 7 times per second thing, a magnum has 6 bullets... yeah.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself, if you can't read the fucking topic just shut the fuck up.
normally i don't care too much about realism, but it looks like ****,
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 10:00:24 pm »
Bullets don't move people because much of their force is exerted as they break flesh and the fact that they have fairly low energy to begin with. In actuality, the shooter is moved FAR more than the victim by gunfire. And your basic physics calculation fails because it doesn't take into account deformation energy transferrence.

A magnum can have as many bullets in the breach as the maker wants. Six is the typical number (as it allows for an easy hexagonal design) but 7 shot and 5 shot revolvers are common.

Elastic grenades are fun combined with the fact that grenades explode when they contact people; their bounce is what makes up 50% of their usefulness. If they didn't explode on contact I could see a little reason in implementing this, but it would also be trivial as the grenade stops bouncing by the time it explodes.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:24 am »
Hey yeah. Why don't we just say they /arent/ grenades. They are just smart bombs that are disguised as grenades. That's how they explode on contact. And, for whatever reason, these smart bombs are made out of rubber and are super light for efficient and effective soldat on soldat warfare.

^.^ Don't try to kill my soldat alternate reality! It's been like this from the start, keep it that way.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 07:28:11 am »
yes, its about tactic. dodge them the best u can, and the world would be a better place.(less smells)                                           
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline [h8]`·._.¸,ø Divi

• Major(1)
  • Crimson Thy Fallen Blood.
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 04:57:04 pm »
yea i agree with haha and everyone else excep a four year old

first off , if you cant cotnrol your Gojetsu after being shot like 5 times by an AUG, you need a new mouse or better skillz , and grenades do bounce, if you throw them hard enough , and if they arent explode on contact and also people lose thier accuracy and manuevering when being shot because of blood loss, pain, and a burning 9mm round in your chest/leg , try running around and jumping and using jets in that
wow... sexy dragon...^.^

Violated signature rules.