Author Topic: Removing Windows Vista  (Read 756 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Removing Windows Vista
« on: July 30, 2007, 08:15:51 pm »
So I have a partitioned hard drive.  Windows XP is on the C: drive.  I wanted to try out Vista, so I installed it on the D: drive.  Now I'd like to remove it from my computer.  Is there a "right" way to do this? If I were to just delete the Windows folder while XP is running, what would happen?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: Removing Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
Format the drive you installed it on... Right click on its icon in My Computer and go Format.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:30:18 pm »
Eh...not satisfactory.  I have a lot of data on that drive, and no place to back it up.  Any other ideas?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:34:32 pm »
Eh...not satisfactory.  I have a lot of data on that drive, and no place to back it up.  Any other ideas?
Wikiupload allows 5 Gb of file storage... but I don't know how much you have to back up.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 08:34:47 pm »
Raid 1

other then that just get cds of all the important stuff (you should do this regardless of what you do) and go delete happy, or you can wait for flab to tell you not to listen to me.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 07:52:35 am »

Stick it on your C: drive.

Then format your D: drive.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 08:31:50 am »
Just remove the windows folder and the boot.ini or what it's called.

OBEY!!!

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 12:17:18 pm »
I think he's saying that he wants to uninstall all the vista files from his slave drive because it sucks and he doesn't want to format the whole drive because he can't be arsed to backup his documents onto his main drive.

LAW.... just put all the files you want to keep on CD's or onto your C: and then format your D:
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 12:28:53 pm »
The danger is in the fact that Vista might be the functioning boot loader.  Gamer, do you have a windows XP CD handy?  If so, then it doesn't matter and we can replace it easily