Author Topic: Trenchwar Domination - v0.2.3 - Airstrike fixed  (Read 40674 times)

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
Re: Trenchwar Domination - A TW script for CWs
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 07:44:15 pm »
Yay, thanks Avarax, looks rockin'.  Wow, I'm so glad you liked the idea...

RE: the Hunt server, please play on it and give feedback here for Avarax consumption.  The most important thing is the domination % and whether people feel it is a good means of deciding clanwars.

The mines and airstrikes is just gravy... but damn, that's some goooood gravy.  More maps will be uploaded later.  Also please excuse any server restarts, we will be playing with some of the numbers a bit.

Date Posted: July 31, 2007, 07:24:34 PM

RAWR, first batch of notes.  Again, the Domination part is the only part I reaally care about atm... but I provided my Airstrike and Mine notes as well.

Domination:
 - Bug - Total Domination appears to carry over from round to round.  Avarax is aware.  According to Avarax, the Total Domination should reset to 50/50 at mapchange.
 - Idea - is it possible to have Total Domination always total 100%?  Any bonuses gained by team A would be subtracted from team B.
 - Poll - how do people feel about Total Domination bonuses for grabs and caps?  Seems that either
            a) there should be no bonuses.  Total Domination would only be used to determine the result of a tie, for example the all-too-common 0/0 game.
            b) there should be no caplimit.  Flag grabs and captures are used solely to adjust the Total Domination, which is the final arbiter of victory.
 - Idea - is it possible to give a fat 'Alpha/Bravo Team wins with x% Total Domination!' message at the end of round?... further, can the message for Domination be more clear on who is winning (slightly increased fontsize for winning team, or some kinda mark?)  Anyways, some way to very quickly see whos winning.

Airstrikes
 - Poll - do people like Airstrikes for cw?  Should they benefit the winning side or the losing side?  Based on kills or current Domination, or Total Domination?  Which way should they run, if used for cw?  Discuss!
 - Bug? - I find the Arrows to be much more easily dodged than EC's Airstrike, so far.  Might need tweaking.
 - Bug? - the Airstrikes are not announced in advance, this kinda sucks.

Mines
 - Bug? - mines carry over from round to round... while fun for public play, this will almost certainly not fly for cw's.
 - Poll - mines in cw's in the first place?  Err, probably not but what do other people think?
 - Bug? - mine placement message says 'step away to activate'... but in fact, if you are killed while laying a mine the mine is still active... how easy would it be to make that a 'wasted' mine?
 - ??? - do you keep mines if you get killed?  I'd recommend no.
 - Suggestion - mines should be (slightly) visible.  A mine in tall grass or in a bush should be difficult or impossible to see, i would think... but they shouldn't be invisible on a flat bunker floor.
 - Suggestion - mines should be destructible?  Is this hard to do?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 07:58:49 pm by Dizzy So 1337 »
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 07:46:58 pm »
@ your arrow thinking, I disagree throughly, they are harder for me to dodge.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 08:00:04 pm »

RE: the Hunt server, please play on it and give feedback here for Avarax consumption.  The most important thing is the domination % and whether people feel it is a good means of deciding clanwars.

The mines and airstrikes is just gravy... but damn, that's some goooood gravy.  More maps will be uploaded later.  Also please excuse any server restarts, we will be playing with some of the numbers a bit.

RAWR, first batch of notes.  Again, the Domination part is the only part I reaally care about atm... but I provided my Airstrike and Mine notes as well.

Domination:
 - Bug - Total Domination appears to carry over from round to round.  Avarax is aware.  According to Avarax, the Total Domination should reset to 50/50 at mapchange.
 - Idea - is it possible to have Total Domination always total 100%?  Any bonuses gained by team A would be subtracted from team B.
 - Poll - how do people feel about Total Domination bonuses for grabs and caps?  Seems that either
            a) there should be no bonuses.  Total Domination would only be used to determine the result of a tie, for example the all-too-common 0/0 game.
            b) there should be no caplimit.  Flag grabs and captures are used solely to adjust the Total Domination, which is the final arbiter of victory.
 - Idea - is it possible to give a fat 'Alpha/Bravo Team wins with x% Total Domination!' message at the end of round?... further, can the message for Domination be more clear on who is winning (slightly increased fontsize for winning team, or some kinda mark?)  Anyways, some way to very quickly see whos winning.

Airstrikes
 - Poll - do people like Airstrikes for cw?  Should they benefit the winning side or the losing side?  Based on kills or current Domination, or Total Domination?  Which way should they run, if used for cw?  Discuss!
 - Bug? - I find the Arrows to be much more easily dodged than EC's Airstrike, so far.  Might need tweaking.

Mines
 - Bug? - mines carry over from round to round... while fun for public play, this will almost certainly not fly for cw's.
 - Poll - mines in cw's in the first place?  Err, probably not but what do other people think?
 - Bug? - mine placement message says 'step away to activate'... but in fact, if you are killed while laying a mine the mine is still active... how easy would it be to make that a 'wasted' mine?
 - Suggestion - mines should be (slightly) visible.  A mine in tall grass or in a bush should be difficult or impossible to see, i would think... but they shouldn't be invisible on a flat bunker floor.

...Most of that no one will agree with.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 09:04:33 pm »
Mines dont carry over from round to round ;)

I'll make the winning team's message brighter. The bonuses will no longer carry over from round to round and are subtracted from opponents domination in next version.
regarding stepping away, that's just a protection so you dont use mines in combat like a kamikaze bomb.

Date Posted: July 31, 2007, 09:24:56 PM
Code: [Select]
Changelog
v0.1 -> v0.2

-fixed flaggrab & score domination bonus are no longer carried over rounds
-fixed Airstrike is now properly based on round time, not server time
-fixed Airstrike no longer happens on mapchange
-fixed Airstrike's countdown missing the 7
-added scoring now rewards you with a full mine
-added possibility to customzie the time between every bomb drop during an Airstrike
-modified flaggrab & score domination bonus are now divided into a substraction and addition for both teams, to keep total domination always at 100% sum
-modified domination display message now highlights the total dominating team in brighter color

Go to mainpost and download the new version.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:12:00 pm by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
Re: Trenchwar Domination - update v0.2
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 09:31:40 pm »
DONT download 0.2 its fucked up, Ava didnt test it xD.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:35 pm »

Domination:

Airstrikes

Mines

...Most of that no one will agree with.

Have you even tried it out?

Here's what I like most about Domination... the clans that are fighting can agree on which scoring mode to use for their cw.  You could score by caps, or by kills, or by kill ratio, or by Domination.  A clan cw server that uses the Domination script doesn't detract at all from clans that want to fight based on the 'best of 3 flag-cap' method.  Domination adds to the TW game without subtracting... an ideal solution. 

It IS my personal opinion, that mines and airstrikes should be omitted from cw.  But I hope that the respective clanleaders will get involved and make that decision... thats not for me to judge in the end... only with full support by the leading TW clans will this become the standard.
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 10:00:37 pm »
Not..liking...the..random napalm..on campers...ruins...sniping...aspect... [or is that a eC thing?]
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:42 pm »
I believe its an eC thing, not sure what your talking about...

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 10:44:54 pm »
Napalm thing was just some crap I was testing on my server.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 03:58:21 am »
Err, just a semi-random thought, but why has the Flamer never been introduced into TW?  The ultimate anti-bunker weapon in RL.  To be honest I've never understood why this weapon has always been relegated to the status of a powerup.
xfire - todhostetler

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 08:17:38 am »
I'd like to see a tracking beacon. So that it sends about three laws or perhaps cluster nades down onto the target area.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline Ben

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 10:15:23 am »
Err, just a semi-random thought, but why has the Flamer never been introduced into TW?  The ultimate anti-bunker weapon in RL.  To be honest I've never understood why this weapon has always been relegated to the status of a powerup.

i think thats a good idea. if the flamer got modified (slower firerate) it would be nice. every team could have 1 flamer :O

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »
this script wasnt created to add more "stuff" in first place but to add a neutral decisive force to TW.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 01:07:12 pm »
I love it, it just needs some Hexer aspects, seeing as this is your next project I am guessing, and it needs to somewhat top Hexer.
Try adding summons, spells, or things that could help.
Maybe a deal where when you touch the flag, your team gets a point and you get teleported back to your spawn, but it only works if there is enough people.
Maybe bring in sprint, vanish, warstandard, etc. Because TW is very hard to cap, and its very slow paced.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 01:11:01 pm »
it's not my next project, Hexer will keep getting updated, this is just a little sidekick. oh and Hexer can't be topped, especially not with the new 0.9.2 skills ;D
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline lotus

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 05:26:06 pm »
Just played in it. A problem has arose regarding the air strikes. Airstrikes have gone haywire and I mean instead of light bombing as usual it strikes the target area over and over again moving from Alpha to Bravo (or visa versa) and causes massive lag while doing it.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 05:53:11 pm »
Just played in it. A problem has arose regarding the air strikes. Airstrikes have gone haywire and I mean instead of light bombing as usual it strikes the target area over and over again moving from Alpha to Bravo (or visa versa) and causes massive lag while doing it.

Yar.  Meanwhile, we disabled airstrikes in Hunt server.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 06:15:52 pm by Dizzy So 1337 »
xfire - todhostetler

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 07:47:34 pm »
AVARAX i suggest make the map not to copy ENESCE style and try to make it more fun

but make an APPROPIATE CLANS WAR MAP

mines I find really onesided, i cant see them, so I go boom,,, so? its really not nice

I still disagree with the MAP CONTROL TERRITORY declaring a winner, its pure stupidity (with all respect) I personally play PROFESSIONALY Counter Strike and Call of Duty 2, and most of the times its been just ME vs the WHOLE OTHER TEAM, they may be pwning me, but TIME LIMIT declares I win since they couldnt kill me in X amount of time (ps, I dont hide or camp) its just pure strategy, based on time consuming and killing, If my team has MORE KILLS i just waste opponents time and distract them so they loose cuz of time

Now I'll move this explanation to SOLDAT, the other team MAY be controlling most of the map, MAY, but we surely DEFEND it, and their MISTAKES (they get easy to kill) but STILL they control most of the map, their bad playing still makes them DESERVERS to win?

PS: I found that the %'s are fkd up, (or that is what I saw last day) shouldn't %'s add up to 100%?

It said Bravo team controlled 134% (wtf?)
(:

ManiatikO

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 09:32:44 pm »
I'm not having any luck getting the script to work on a 3rd server (no problems with the other 2).  All three are Ec servers.  The working ones are on a different Ec account than the nonworking one.

Twice, I have meticulously copied the files from the working servers to the nonworking one.  On the last try I copied server.ini, soldat.ini, the scripts folder and the bots folder.  Changed soldat.ini to the correct port and joinport, no other changes.  Restarted and...

Server works fine but no Domination script, no Commander bot, nothing.

What else could I be missing?
xfire - todhostetler

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »
Scripting most likely isn't enabled on the account your using... Make a support ticket with the login info and ill sort it out