Author Topic: Guns  (Read 2663 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Guns
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 10:39:25 am »
Living in England, I do feel safer that there are less guns around. Sure some gangs have them, but I don't live in that kind of neighborhood.

The problem with "giving people guns to protect people from criminals" is that anyone can become a criminal. It's not like people are literally born as a criminal and designated not to have one.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 10:47:07 am »
The problem with "giving people guns to protect people from criminals" is that anyone can become a criminal. It's not like people are literally born as a criminal and designated not to have one.

But on the other hand, owning a gun doesn't make you a criminal.  You are more likely to have criminal intent, then buy a gun, than you are to own a gun, then develop criminal intent.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 10:47:21 am »
In Switzerland, almost every adult male is given an assault rifle for militia duty. (see Wikipedia, I originally got this from the book Freakonomics) Yet, they have a low crime rate. Clearly people are not using their assault rifles to shoot up banks.
My opinion is that only the c*unts in America shouldn't be allowed to have guns ... maybe through a compulsory government quiz to see if they are f*kers or not.
Don't make me frag you. :P
Also, I think most firearms used in crimes are unregistered and acquired illegally.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 02:20:01 pm »
Living in England, I do feel safer that there are less guns around. Sure some gangs have them, but I don't live in that kind of neighborhood.

But doesn't England have a very high stabbing rate?
@ii

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 03:11:19 pm »

But doesn't England have a very high stabbing rate?

I don't know the statistics compared with other countries, but yes we do have a knife crime problem. Infact there are more measures being taking to help tackle the problem, such as weapons amnesty bins and tougher laws planning to be made.

Maybe it's still a safer environment because it's harder (but quieter) to kill someone using a knife; though you could argue that having guns is safer because a criminal will need to have a gun or get close with a knife to counter their victim who may have a licenced gun.

So at least from guns, I feel safe. But weather I'm safer overall I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:15:32 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 03:20:27 pm »
OH MY GOD THAT GUY HAS A BOX CUTTER! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DI... oh wait no hes just cutting boxes open, never mind, False alarm general public! we just harassed some guy for nothing.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan