Author Topic: Human behavioral patterns YOU noticed.  (Read 1049 times)

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
Human behavioral patterns YOU noticed.
« on: August 08, 2007, 01:43:56 pm »
Humans operate in patterns, thinking "inside the box," imitating and emulating each other. What are some patterns that you noticed in people?

Here's an example:

When two people talk, conversation usually goes like this:

-"I'm from Iran, it's a beautiful country bla bla bla bla"

-"Oh really, I know a guy from Iran, he's my coworker, I work at a air conditioning company"

-"Air conditioning ? That's funny, I recently had problems with that ...."

In other words, one person talks about themselves, the other person takes that and relates it to themselves(essentially people are always talking about themselves).
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: Human behavioral patterns YOU noticed.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:51:04 pm »
Hmm... Maybe something like this:

If someones fell cold and he looks at person runing only in t-shirt and shorts that person thinks that that runner feel cold too. Personaly I'm not one of the person who things that.

Btw: Nooby question - what the Flagrunner means?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:53:51 pm by PaFel »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:51:56 pm »
Um yeah...in movies maybe

OBEY!!!

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:52:15 pm »
do you mean trends?

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 01:56:54 pm »
do you mean trends?

I'm the one asking questions here.
I hate emotions.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:01:08 pm »
but that wasnt a question was it?

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:45:30 pm »
In other words, one person talks about themselves, the other person takes that and relates it to themselves(essentially people are always talking about themselves).

It's called conversation.  There are two kinds of conversation - social and technical.  Technical conversation deals with facts, details, and information.
"How many pumps do we have in stock?" "About twenty."

Social conversation is an attempt to bond with other people by finding similarities in your lives and experiences.  People love to talk about themselves, and when you find similarities, you give the other person an opportunity to do so.  They realize it subconsciously and appreciate you for letting them talk about themselves.  Consequently, they like you and a bond is formed.  You already gave an example of that, though.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:17 pm »
^Indeed, but most people use the pattern karmazon put, as they are eccentric. I know I'm like that too ( just check how many times the letter 'I' shows up in my posts ), though I'll try to avoid it at times.

There are some other patterns; most people will easily get carried away if you hit a 'bullseye' in a topic. Then, it's pretty damn hard to steer them off to a different track, and it'll get more awkward with every minute passing.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »
it seems the harder I try the more I miss the toilet when standing up.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 05:55:17 pm »

It's called conversation.  There are two kinds of conversation - social and technical.  Technical conversation deals with facts, details, and information.
"How many pumps do we have in stock?" "About twenty."

Social conversation is an attempt to bond with other people by finding similarities in your lives and experiences.  People love to talk about themselves, and when you find similarities, you give the other person an opportunity to do so.  They realize it subconsciously and appreciate you for letting them talk about themselves.  Consequently, they like you and a bond is formed.  You already gave an example of that, though.

Try this next time: When it comes your turn to speak, instead of talking about yourself, talk about them.
I hate emotions.