Author Topic: GTA 4 Delayed for a Fucking year!  (Read 3546 times)

Offline ..::HHH::..

• Soldier
  • Dream Theater.. is the F**king best!
GTA 4 Delayed for a Fucking year!
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:39:22 am »

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
Re: GTA 4 Delayed for a ****ing year!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 07:49:39 am »
hmm.. i probly wouldnt be able to get it anyway unless a friend bought for me so no hurt here, but i can see why other people would be upset

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 08:03:18 am »
**** yeah!

It's not like it's Spore so stfu!

OBEY!!!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 08:43:00 am »
Twilight princess was pushed back a lot but it didn't make it less fun. Just let them make a decent game, besides, it will do you good to have a break from the series, it can get boring going for long periods.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:21 pm »
I'm glad to be honest... it means I can delay having to spend lots of money just to get an Xbox 360 to play it...

And if it means they have time to work around the requirement of hard drives on the 360 and make the game better then I'm all for it.

It's gonna be worth the wait regardless...
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:51 pm »
Old news :P

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:24:43 pm »
Well, the positive aspect of this delay is that more time is now available, therefore giving them the opportunity to fine tune the game.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline MegamanX

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:09 pm »
Twilight princess was pushed back a lot but it didn't make it less fun. Just let them make a decent game, besides, it will do you good to have a break from the series, it can get boring going for long periods.

Twilight Princess was a boring and mediocre game though.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:35 pm »
Well, the positive aspect of this delay is that more time is now available, therefore giving them the opportunity to fine tune the game.
exactly, need I remind you of Widows Mellenium? "I know, lets rush making this just to get it out in time for the year 2000"  [retard]
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:36:26 pm »

Okay now I know you're a troll.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 05:52:43 pm »

Okay now I know you're a troll.
He's being a troll in the Abortion thread, but that was a straight-up opinion (albeit it was put too bluntly and out of context). This thread isn't about Twilight Princess, it's about GTA 4.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 06:16:50 pm »
GTA has gotten way too repetitive and is pretty much a waste of money now.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:18:59 pm »
They keep adding new things to the game, and although the premise is the same, the amount of things to do and the size of the games has only gotten better since GTA 3. Yes, it sometimes gets repetitive - but it's more open-ended than any other game out there.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »
They keep adding new things to the game, and although the premise is the same, the amount of things to do and the size of the games has only gotten better since GTA 3. Yes, it sometimes gets repetitive - but it's more open-ended than any other game out there.

OMG, you can swim and workout and other boring ****. Lets go spend more money on the same ****! That was SA

Now, its just the same title with a bit of new features and the words "Next gen" slapped on.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:49:55 pm »
OMG, you can swim and workout and other boring ****. Lets go spend more money on the same ****! That was SA

Now, its just the same title with a bit of new features and the words "Next gen" slapped on.
Well, I guess you're done with the series. I, however, am not, and I look forward to GTA 4. That's all I have left to say, because you're adamant in your opinion.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 07:58:03 pm »

Well, I guess you're done with the series. I, however, am not, and I look forward to GTA 4. That's all I have left to say, because you're adamant in your opinion.

No shit, cause its right.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 12:32:35 am »
Means I don't ahve to spend any money on that. Was getting worried 'cause there are gonna be a bunch of games I want to buy soon, want to keep the cost as low as posible. Thanks Rockstar!
For me, yes its getting a bit repetitive, but I play it for the story, I don't do much freelancing in the game.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 06:58:23 am »

Clearly you know nothing about GTA 4 then... You probably assume it's just going to be identical style gameplay to the GTA 3 series of games but with better graphics..

The GTA series of games has done massive leaps between each era of the series..

Think about the difference between the following era's of GTA games (it helps if you think about them in different series' which is how rockstar intended them)

GTA1, GTA: London 1969 (series 1)
GTA2 (series 2)
GTA3, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA: Liberty City Stories, GTA: Vice City Stories (series 3)

Between each series there has been a massive change in gameplay, graphics and style.

GTA2 introduced gangs, better graphics, more weapons, FBI and Army, a hell of a lot more content etc..

GTA3 introduced 3D gameplay and an extensive storyline which would stretch through all the series..
Vice City introduced tire popping, window screen smashing, property purchasing, clothes changing etc..

Anyway... the point is that Rockstar have stated that they're making GTA4 less arcade style and alot more realistic. Some examples... Your mission targets won't be on the map, so if you're chasing someone you can't just look at the radar to help you follow them if they're out of sight.. You won't be able to carry loads of weapons, but you will be able to carry them in a sports bag and store them in boots of cars. As far as I know they're getting rid of lock on targeting and making it manual aim..
Not to mention that they're making Liberty City as closely to New York as possible.. and that they're going to make the whole city  in an area about 3/4 of the whole San Andreas map... That's huge!!

You have to be naive to be making such negative judgements before you've even played the game.. Rockstar are keeping everything under wraps for now and all of the above information is subject to change.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 07:10:15 am »
The only good games are GTA: London 1969 and GTA2. Vice City was also kinda good thanks to the theme it had. The others are just plain crap and not even worth spending time or money on.

OBEY!!!

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 07:55:00 am »
You have to be naive to be making such negative judgements before you've even played the game.. Rockstar are keeping everything under wraps for now and all of the above information is subject to change.

Wow, sounds like a few tweaks. It never was a great series anyway, but I'm still not impressed.