Author Topic: "Stuck" at low resolution  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
"Stuck" at low resolution
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:49:57 am »
Often I get this problem with Soldat, when I quit the game my screen resolution stays at 640 x 480. My normal screen resolution is 1024 x 768, the only way to bring it back is to restart my PC.  >:( Any ideas on how to fix that ?

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
Re: "Stuck" at low resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:52:18 am »
Often I get this problem with Soldat, when I quit the game my screen resolution stays at 640 x 480. My normal screen resolution is 1024 x 768, the only way to bring it back is to restart my PC.  >:( Any ideas on how to fix that ?
Your the Leo from Leo's Real server right? Hey!!

That happens to me sometimes if I Alt + F4, what I do is Goto the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete), goto processes and check the list if soldat.exe is there, if it is I terminate it, my screen returns to 1024 x 768, if that doesn't work try right clicking the desktop and changing the resolution.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 03:57:47 am »
so it sounds like soldat isn't closing entirely, and therefore not releasing the video mode back to normal?

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 04:11:12 am »
Hmm... I remember I checked to see if Soldat was running in the background but maybe I am wrong. I'll do it if it happens again.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 04:12:53 am »
This used to happen to me when i closed soldat via alt+f4. These days i close it with the exit button  :)

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:15:19 am »
Remember Leo, its not in the programs, nothing is, look in Processes.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 12:02:24 pm »
I play in windowed mode because it runs much faster than fullscreen for me. And yeah, you'll want to look in the processes, not the programs list, because a lot of times your computer will freeze or stay in the low resolution. You can easily get around that by going to the process and terminating it. That will terminate it instantly and you should get your PC back to normal. ;)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P