Author Topic: Exploding gernades  (Read 5118 times)

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
Re: Exploding gernades
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 08:57:10 pm »
My sugguestion is to have gernades explode when shot. It would increase the strategy used by gernades many fold.

No, it would not. Grenades are not weapons to be detonated before they come in contact with the enemy. If you need to shoot a thrown grenade to make it explode near an enemy, then what makes you think you could actually hit the grenade -- a far, far smaller target -- when you were unable to strike the enemy with it in the first place? It just doesn't make sense.

Next time your bored, go into game play, Jump up or fly and toss the nade in the air, then shoot at it.

You could hit it couldn't you? When you were shooting it.

Now, throw another nade, and then throw a nade at the moving target.

Not as easy eh? I'm sorry but sometimes I miss.

Grenades, in real life explode when shot at. Thousands of sharp shooters with 6 shooters have been reported to be able to shoot nickles flipped into the air. Ever gone skeet shooting with a rifle? Again not hard at all. A nade isn't much smaller than a skeet.  Real-life isn't game life though, With this said, is it hard to hit a small object? In game? Surely not very.

Though, Soldat isn't real-life as stated prior. So, have you ever thrown a nade that missed? But if it exploded at that moment or some time after it would cause damage?

Ever thrown a nade at your enemy on either side?  typically they'll run into one or the other, or come close? You could shoot the nade and have it atleast do some damage, or knock them into the other one.

You could throw many nades, shoot one right away and they'd all explode right away.

Cluster grenades would really excell with the spaz. Instant explosion all around rather than some of them just flat out missing the target, by just flying over their head.

Agreed spraing bullets from your enemy causes a problem. But it could also be fixed as to have nades only explode from your own shots? Albeit, it would cause a likly bug heaven.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:41:09 pm by Schweppes »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 10:00:58 pm »
Grenades, in real life explode when shot at. Thousands of sharp shooters with 6 shooters have been reported to be able to shoot nickles flipped into the air.

Focusing on hitting a target is not the same as being in a combat setting and having to focus on everything around you. If it were as simple as you say, then every shot would be a head shot in game. Unfortunately, moving around, dodging gunfire, getting binked, etc. all come into play, and hitting a small moving target while engaging an enemy is not easy. Plus, in the time you wasted shooting a grenade to explode without it contacting the enemy, you could be spending your time shooting the enemy and killing him. It's a pointless "strategy."

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 10:32:02 pm »
I vote for this only if they explode after about 4 bullets
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)