Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 39571 times)

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
Re: Abortion
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2007, 04:57:09 pm »
Neither, it is pushing the woman to take responsibility when they have sex, no matter when or how. I guess special cases it could be allowed, I'd have to think about that some more, but in the 99% of cases, woman have to take responsibility for their actions and not just kill the baby. And yes, the fetus is a human. If you plant, say, a rose and it germanates and sprouts roots, then you rip out the plant, are you not killing a rose? Same thing here.

You can't have it both ways. If the argument for making abortion illegal is to preserve fetal life, then you can't have an exception for rape victims, because that implies that a fetus that is the result of rape is worth less than a fetus that is the result of consensual sex. If the argument is that women should be forced to give birth because they consented to the sex that resulted in their pregnancy, then don't pretend to care about fetal life.
I never said either way, I said I'll think about it, and you just changed my mind. And you failed to talk about the other points, and I would like them answered.

Which other points?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2007, 05:02:38 pm »
Do you really believe abortion isn't taking a life? If you don't, I point to the rose example, if you do, how can you say it should be legal. You say it is the woman's right, but everyone in the United States has equal rights and deserves to live. Also, this shouldn't even be an argument becuase if the woman didn't want to have a kid so bad she shouldn't have had sex. Some then say they think of sex as a pleasure, but the Zodiac killer said killing was a pleasure, is murder okay for him now. Birth control isn't the issue here, abstinance and taking responsibility is.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2007, 05:23:16 pm »
Do you really believe abortion isn't taking a life? If you don't, I point to the rose example, if you do, how can you say it should be legal.

Abortion results in the death of the fetus. Are you saying that ripping roses out of the ground should be illegal because it results in the death of the rose?

You say it is the woman's right, but everyone in the United States has equal rights and deserves to live.

But why is it ok to kill animals and not fetuses? Is there something about human life that makes it more special than other forms of life?

Also, this shouldn't even be an argument becuase if the woman didn't want to have a kid so bad she shouldn't have had sex. Some then say they think of sex as a pleasure, but the Zodiac killer said killing was a pleasure, is murder okay for him now. Birth control isn't the issue here, abstinance and taking responsibility is.

Again, what about women who get pregnant as a result of rape? This argument doesn't apply to them since they didn't consent to sex.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2007, 05:32:42 pm »
1. No, I think you fail to see the metaphor there, you are killing a human, which, last time I checked, was illegal, so abortion should be too

2. Yes, it does make them more special, we have to kill animals to live, we don't have to kill humans to live.

3. Again, you dodge the question. What about the 99% who do consent to rape. And yes, it is hard and tramatic, but you'll live even if you have to give up the child.

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2007, 05:36:50 pm »
1. No, I think you fail to see the metaphor there, you are killing a human, which, last time I checked, was illegal, so abortion should be too

But killing a human isn't always illegal. For example, it is legal to kill someone in self-defense.

2. Yes, it does make them more special, we have to kill animals to live, we don't have to kill humans to live.

But we don't need to kill animals to live. We could all be vegetarians.

3. Again, you dodge the question. What about the 99% who do consent to rape. And yes, it is hard and tramatic, but you'll live even if you have to give up the child.

No, you're dodging my question. What about the 1% who do not consent to sex?

My position is clear: denying a woman the choice to have an abortion is always wrong, consensual sex or not.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:39:21 pm by Anna »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2007, 05:37:59 pm »
there is no time abortion can be justified it does not matter what the mother consented to, killing a fetus is wrong. if the parent doesn't ever want to be a parent she can have her tubes tied.

You kill an animal to make use of it, for its meat, bones, skin... you kill a baby for what? comfort? to dodge responsibility?

HOW IS KILLING A FETUS SELF DEFENSE?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2007, 05:40:45 pm »

But killing a human isn't always illegal. For example, it is legal to kill someone in self-defense.

2. Like I said before, we would indirectly kill them becuase of overpopulation.

3. You once again dodge my question and fail to read "And yes, it is hard and tramatic, but you'll live even if you have to give up the child" referring to adoption after it is born.

1. Even in self defense, many times you get charged with manslaughter anyway. And the fetus can't fight back.

wow, musta messed that up somehow, just follow numbers.

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2007, 05:43:42 pm »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2007, 05:43:54 pm »
I must say that i completly agree with MegamanX, dispite his stupidity what he says is just the true.

Also, you all people (in general) think that abortion is bad because is taking away a child life and blablablabla. I say, who the fuck cares about that fetus? who the fuck cares about who he could be in the future? If it's not the mother who cares... then WHO THE FUCK?ยก!!?!? And don't come and tell me such a gay thing as "the fetus would care".

You only think that way because of what you've been tought over your life, and you are just unable to use logic. If i had been aborted, I wouldn't give a fuck, cause I wouldn't have lived to whine about it, and it's not like i don't like to be alive... I love to be alive.

Another thing, you all people (again in general) are like puting all the responsability into the woman, and blaming her for being a slut for not taking prevention. I would love to see how you would feel if all women stopped having sex just for the matter of not having a child. Sex isn't there to born a child. Sex is to have pleasure. Having a child is just the consecuence.

AND DON'T CME AND TALK ABOUT SOULS FOR GOD SAKE!
urraka

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2007, 05:46:45 pm »
But why is it ok to kill animals and not fetuses? Is there something about human life that makes it more special than other forms of life?

If you had to choose to either kill a human being or a dandelion you would kill the dandelion. It's human nature to be weak.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2007, 05:49:03 pm »
To rebut Perro:
Who cares if I kill some random bum with no friends, no one would miss him? Killing is against the law, even if the victim can't feel it. A human is a human and is protected under law, even if it doesn't care.

No, sex isn't about pleasure, that's just what YOU have been taught YOUR own life. I think almost every scientist would agree animals have sex to reproduce, you don't see squirrel hookers, now do you? If sex is a pleasure, why does MAKING ANOTHER LIFE a consequence. Laughing is a pleasure. Pleasure is just a side effect of having a child so you do it more.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2007, 05:54:42 pm »
...Laughing is a pleasure. Pleasure is just a side effect of having a child so you do it more.

True. But if you didn't want to have a child and are pregnant, you shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, that's what condoms are for. And it's your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped. And don't bitch to me about broken condoms .

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2007, 05:56:42 pm »
To rebut Perro:
Who cares if I kill some random bum with no friends, no one would miss him? Killing is against the law, even if the victim can't feel it. A human is a human and is protected under law, even if it doesn't care.

No, sex isn't about pleasure, that's just what YOU have been taught YOUR own life. I think almost every scientist would agree animals have sex to reproduce, you don't see squirrel hookers, now do you? If sex is a pleasure, why does MAKING ANOTHER LIFE a consequence. Laughing is a pleasure. Pleasure is just a side effect of having a child so you do it more.

1. And who cares about the law? It's not always right. And i wouldn't care if that lonely guy was shot in the head. But this time, this guy might care about it. He can defend himself anyway.

2. I haven't been tought like that. I'm not even a sex-addicted, I've only been with one girl in my life. I've been tought as a catholic, actually. But as I grew up I started using my brain duh! Of course it's to reproduce, but that is changing the point of view. If you think of humans, oh yeah, they have sex to reproduce. But if you think of a single person (unless it's someone like you), that person wants to have sex because of the pleasure. I really mess up and don't know how to explain what i'm trying to say, but i won't bother explaining it more cuz i know u won't understand.
urraka

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2007, 05:58:07 pm »
And it's your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped.

What!? Dumb because she didn't buy a weapon?

1. And who cares about the law?

The police, the victims and society in General.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:00:40 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »
No, dumb because she wasn't cautious.

And if you want sex for pleasure, just masturbate.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2007, 05:59:29 pm »
True. But if you didn't want to have a child and are pregnant, you shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, that's what condoms are for. And it's your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped. And don't ***** to me about broken condoms .
Woah, what the hell are you saying "its your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped" for? Yeah, I'm totally sure it's the woman's fault for a man raping her. Even if a woman gets raped because she was wearing promiscuous clothing, that does not justify what the idiot did to her.

Also, broken condoms? Yes, they can break, and therefore they become virtually useless. Sometimes you might have to wear 2.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2007, 06:03:30 pm »

2. Like I said before, we would indirectly kill them becuase of overpopulation.

3. You once again dodge my question and fail to read "And yes, it is hard and tramatic, but you'll live even if you have to give up the child" referring to adoption after it is born.

1. Even in self defense, many times you get charged with manslaughter anyway. And the fetus can't fight back.

wow, musta messed that up somehow, just follow numbers.

1. Your argument was that killing a human is always wrong, a fetus is human, therefore it is wrong to kill a fetus. But killing a human isn't always wrong, so that argument doesn't work.

The fact that the fetus can't fight back isn't relevant. The woman is refusing to be a host to the fetus, not defending herself from a fetus attack.

2. That's true, but I'm pretty sure most animals killed by humans are killed for the purpose of human consumption, not to control overpopulation. Why is this OK when it's not OK to kill a fetus?

3. What was the question again?

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 07:01:43 PM
True. But if you didn't want to have a child and are pregnant, you shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, that's what condoms are for. And it's your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped. And don't ***** to me about broken condoms .
Woah, what the hell are you saying "its your fault if you are dumb enough to get raped" for? Yeah, I'm totally sure it's the woman's fault for a man raping her. Even if a woman gets raped because she was wearing promiscuous clothing, that does not justify what the idiot did to her.

It's her fault for going outside without her owner, obviously!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2007, 06:03:46 pm »
No, dumb because she wasn't cautious.

And if you want sex for pleasure, just masturbate.

Cautious in what way? How can she avoid an attacker apart from running, having some sort of weapon or being in a very open public place?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2007, 06:04:53 pm »

How is it a woman's fault for getting raped. Oh how I'd love to see you get gangbanged by a group of adolescent monkeys...

LTKILLROY or whatever just explain why all those teenagers(including me and prolly you) want to have sex? Because they want a child? I don't think so

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »

Also, broken condoms? Yes, they can break, and therefore they become virtually useless. Sometimes you might have to wear 2.

Women should be more cautious. It's not my fault if there are rapists out there. Wearing promiscuous clothing increases your chances of getting raped. Big whoop.

Some women carry pepper spray. Others should learn from their example.