Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 39547 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Abortion
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2007, 03:11:31 pm »
Whose rights are more important, a clump of cells or a thinking, self-aware person?
which ones the fetus and which ones the woman? :P

What woman's rights? Right to... comfort? as apposed to the right of a human being to even get a chance to be born?
Having kids is not [a basic human right].

I see.  So who gives you permission then?

Permission for what? You don't need a right to have kids to have them.
do you even know what a right is?

So, are you for or against an exception for rape victims?
I am against the exception of rape victims, being raped doesn't excuse you from murder.

Jail time? I would just cut off the head of the metaphorical snake, go after the doctors who perform the illegal operation.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline MegamanX

• Major(1)
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:04 pm »
And sometimes not everyone can control gambling.  Should you kill the debt collectors to get rid of your problem?

I'm on your side, that was only responding to his post. :S

I actually laughed at that one. A fetus that is fully aware that it is being aborted and has feelings? If that was the case then we would all remember the times when we were still fetuses.

ABORTION IS AWESOME!
I never said fetuses have long-term memories, I said they knows when they feel pain. Stop being such a troll.

You said that it's fully aware that it's being aborted even though there's no way for it to know what abortion is. Even if a fetus could feel pain it wouldn't matter because it doesn't know what pain is and if it feels good or bad because it doesn't know what good or bad are.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:25 pm »
Take this how you want, but I get the feeling that a genius would think about the consequences of their actions before they perform those actions.

Well Einstein was a genius, but he wasn't too successful in his love life.

Was that supposed to help your case? All it shows, if anything, is that smart people have less sex.  And less sex means fewer pregnancies, and fewer pregnancies mean fewer abortions.

Well, at the risk of sounding insensitive, **** happens.  Not everything in life can be bunnies and rainbows.  You lose 9 months of your life, but after that, you can put it up for adoption and actually give the kid a chance.  If someone has to die as a result of rape, it should be the rapist, not the baby.

I'm against it.  You may not like what happened to you, but can still take the steps to ensure that your child has a happy, or at least tolerable, life.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:49 pm »
Fetus doesn't care about pursuit for happiness. Fetus doesn't care if the right for pursuit of happiness is taken away. Fetus doesn't know what pursuit for happiness is . Fetus doesn't know what happiness is. Fetus doesn't know that it exists. Fetus isn't really even human yet.
You, sir, are ignorant.

A fetus acknowledges pain before it is even born. It is fully aware of when it is getting aborted, therefore it has feelings. Yes, maybe it doesn't have much in the way of thought or happiness, but instead of giving it the chance of developing, you'd rather slaughter it before it even has a chance to live?

Good job on promoting murder. Because that's what abortion is.

So how much jail time should women get for abortions?
25- Life, both for the woman and the docter. Abortion is taking a life, that is undeniable, an uneducated life, but is still one. It is illegal to kill people with MH, autism, and other things like that, abortions should be included.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2007, 03:13:33 pm »
You said that it's fully aware that it's being aborted even though there's no way for it to know what abortion is. Even if a fetus could feel pain it wouldn't matter because it doesn't know what pain is and if it feels good or bad because it doesn't know what good or bad are.
It feels the pain, and it knows that it is hurting them.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2007, 03:13:41 pm »

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 02:09:20 PM
Edit: Not saying I would encourage a rape victim to get an abortion. I really don't know what I would do in that situation.

Well, at the risk of sounding insensitive, **** happens.  Not everything in life can be bunnies and rainbows.  You lose 9 months of your life, but after that, you can put it up for adoption and actually give the kid a chance.  If someone has to die as a result of rape, it should be the rapist, not the baby.

Wow. You sir (Law gamer, not Anna) are genuinely fucked up. How would you like to first, get raped, possibly violently raped, then have to endure 9 months of crap that results from pregnancy, then have to expierience what could be an incredibly painful and tedious child birth, just to save a fetus you don't want. Fetuses aren't babies, they're fetuses. they have no self awareness, which isn;t gained until a good ways into the babies life. (not that I'm for 4th trimester abortions).

And seriously. Why would a guy even be against it. It doesn't effect you if someone thats not you gets an abortion. And it's not like they're mandatory.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2007, 03:14:18 pm »
are you serious? You don't need to know what is happening to know that that thing is killing you.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline who flung poo

• Soldier
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:32 pm »
wrong, if you dont want a child, wear a damn condom ffs
Realistic mode only baby. (;

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:38 pm »
It's a parasite because it uses the host's resources without asking or providing anything else in return. It's that simple. There's no special rules on how you have to get the parasite in order to call it one.

As I said two pages ago, does that make babies that HAVE been born parasites? If so, do we have the right to kill THEM?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2007, 03:17:15 pm »
Like I said earlier, that is not 100% effective. My Social Studies teacher last year was on 2 forms of birth control (a condom and a pill) and she still got impregnated by her husband.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2007, 03:18:25 pm »
Like I said earlier, that is not 100% effective. My Social Studies teacher last year was on 2 forms of birth control (a condom and a pill) and she still got impregnated by her husband.
don't... have... sex if you aren't willing to bear the child.

Offline MegamanX

• Major(1)
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20:06 pm »
It's a parasite because it uses the host's resources without asking or providing anything else in return. It's that simple. There's no special rules on how you have to get the parasite in order to call it one.

As I said two pages ago, does that make babies that HAVE been born parasites? If so, do we have the right to kill THEM?

Yes, they are parasites of society. They take huge amounts of money and time to take care of. If all babies were just killed we could live a much better life for as long as we would still exist. Do you care if humans are still on this planet after you die? I don't.

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 04:19:23 PM

It's easy to say that when you know you are going to be a virgin for the rest of your life, right?

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 03:21:17 pm »
Adoption simpler than abortion? You got to be kidding. In abortion all you need to do is stick pliers up the uterus and take the baby out, piece by piece. In adoption the baby needs to be given birth first and then you need to go through all kinds of legal matters. Which one is simpler now?

Obviously abortion.

Abortion is murder. Yes the Fetus is a human, not yet fully developed, but still a human. It contains the genetics of a human being. But no....we can't let it live can we?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2007, 03:21:39 pm »
This is going around in circles. Someone else also said earlier that the ambition to have sex is natural, and even though it can be prevented, this is also not 100% possible. Then, we have Law Gamer's response to when I reiterated that. Let's drop this subject, we're supposed to be talking about abortions. :<

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2007, 03:23:06 pm »
Wow. You sir (Law gamer, not Anna) are genuinely ****ed up. How would you like to first, get raped, possibly violently raped, then have to endure 9 months of crap that results from pregnancy, then have to expierience what could be an incredibly painful and tedious child birth, just to save a fetus you don't want. Fetuses aren't babies, they're fetuses. they have no self awareness, which isn;t gained until a good ways into the babies life.

I wouldn't like it at all.  But that doesn't mean that you can take a life as a result.  Think about World War 2.  Horrible things happened to people in concentration camps.  Is it ethical to hand them a gun and say "Here, kill the SS people who are doing this to you, and you'll be free to live your life like it was before"?

(not that I'm for 4th trimester abortions).

Fourth trimester? What is that, three months after the baby is born?

And seriously. Why would a guy even be against it. It doesn't effect you if someone thats not you gets an abortion. And it's not like they're mandatory.

It's mainly an issue of ethics.  I feel that a fetus is human, and the destruction of a human is wrong.

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:21:43 PM
If all babies were just killed we could live a much better life for as long as we would still exist. Do you care if humans are still on this planet after you die? I don't.

It's easy to say that when you know you are going to be a virgin for the rest of your life, right?

Troll.  Please stop talking.
Gamer_2k4

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2007, 03:23:56 pm »

Yes, they are parasites of society. They take huge amounts of money and time to take care of. If all babies were just killed we could live a much better life for as long as we would still exist. Do you care if humans are still on this planet after you die? I don't.

I do. Humans, just like any other animal have the right to live on this planet. Unless we find a way to successfully get off world and live somewhere else, then I guess it wouldn't matter so much since we've spread beyond this planet.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline MegamanX

• Major(1)
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2007, 03:25:07 pm »
ABORTION IS MURDER! EATING MEAT IS MURDER! HAVING SEX IS RAPE!

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 04:24:23 PM
Wow. You sir (Law gamer, not Anna) are genuinely ****ed up. How would you like to first, get raped, possibly violently raped, then have to endure 9 months of crap that results from pregnancy, then have to expierience what could be an incredibly painful and tedious child birth, just to save a fetus you don't want. Fetuses aren't babies, they're fetuses. they have no self awareness, which isn;t gained until a good ways into the babies life.

I wouldn't like it at all.  But that doesn't mean that you can take a life as a result.  Think about World War 2.  Horrible things happened to people in concentration camps.  Is it ethical to hand them a gun and say "Here, kill the SS people who are doing this to you, and you'll be free to live your life like it was before"?

(not that I'm for 4th trimester abortions).

Fourth trimester? What is that, three months after the baby is born?

It's mainly an issue of ethics.  I feel that a fetus is human, and the destruction of a human is wrong.

Date Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:21:43 PM
If all babies were just killed we could live a much better life for as long as we would still exist. Do you care if humans are still on this planet after you die? I don't.

Troll.  Please stop talking.

So when someone thinks differently than you he is a troll? Are you stupid?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2007, 03:25:47 pm »
(Megaman runs out of arguments) I agree, this argument is going nowhere. No one will be persuaded at this point, we are just wasting time right now.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2007, 03:26:49 pm »
ABORTION IS MURDER! EATING MEAT IS MURDER! HAVING SEX IS RAPE!

#1. Yes.

#2. Not exactly, but it is funding murder.

#3. ?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 03:27:59 pm »

[uber-quote snipped]

So when someone thinks differently than you he is a troll? Are you stupid?

No, it's when you post things that are obviously foolish and do not help the topic at hand that makes you a troll.
Gamer_2k4