Author Topic: Buy menu!  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
Re: Buy menu!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 08:29:32 pm »
No way in hell. GO BACK TO COUNTERSTRIKE!  >:(
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline CottonTheMoth

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 10:33:58 pm »
Please. I've been gone from the forums for a year and you people still want to turn Soldat into CS?

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 10:48:42 pm »
Please. I've been gone from the forums for a year and you people still want to turn Soldat into CS?
I've never even played Counter-Strike, and please don't speak for all of us. In fact, a lot of us disagree with the suggestion. :S

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Liquid Metal

• Major(1)
  • ^^StarWars? StarTrek? NAAWW!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 01:14:52 am »
lololol

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 01:17:31 am »
Lol he didnt even vote yes for himself. So sad.

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 01:51:47 am »
No, never, and I'm not bandwagoning. No.
*cough*32-0*cough*
18:15

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 02:46:58 am »
Lol i shouldnt have said to vote for himself; look.

Yes           1 (3%)
No         32 (97%)
Don't care just want to kill stuff         0 (0%)

Total Votes: 33

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 02:50:06 am »
i dont know if you have noticed this, but there already is a mode like this....advanced mode

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2006, 05:06:39 am »
lol i was about to mention that, Chameleon, but yeah, there is Advanced Mode. Use that. It's kind of the same except you don't pay for weapons.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 05:42:14 am »
1 vs 35, still going strong  :D

We should make a server, we all against this dude. Advanced more of course.  ;D

Offline CottonTheMoth

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 12:49:54 pm »
I've never even played Counter-Strike, and please don't speak for all of us. In fact, a lot of us disagree with the suggestion. :S
Sorry. I mean I too disagree. Didn't mean to speak for everyone.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 12:51:59 pm »
wow, I'm really surprised by the vote results.  Looks like this idea was pretty much shot down eh?

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 08:25:36 pm »
dont support it in soldat, but its good in cs

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 10:58:48 pm »
omg this is really  a NO!

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 03:49:13 am »
Can you guys be a little more constructive please. If you've already voted 'no', theres no need to post and state that fact. I want to see reasons for / against please.

Offline Snowden

• Major
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 05:23:55 am »
I like this idea, not neccesarily as a new option, but as an improvement to advance mode.

This is what advance mode is to me: Kill some people and random guns will eventually appear (and disappear). How about making it a bit more clear and coherent? Keep it the same, only you have a little fund counter in the corner of your screen that keeps track of your progress. When you kill, you get money. When you die, money is subtracted from your fund. Isn't that basically what advance mode is? Only now, you won't be so in the dark about your progress. Sure, you can press F1, but money makes it easier to visualize. (And the K:D ratio required to get weapons isn't well documented. Actually, advance mode in general isn't documented at all.)

The relevent question is, how would you spend the money you've earned? One scenario is, the more money you have, the wider the selection of weapons available to you. For example, say one kill gives $500, so $1500 gives you access to three random weapons. In this case you wouldn't actually be spending your money on the weapons themselves (maybe instead of money we can call it tokens or something else). This is essentially what advanced mode is like already.

Another scenario is that weapons each have their own worth and each time you purchase them the money is subtracted from your bank. Barrett and M79 would naturally be assigned highest price tags. There is no random element. This is more like Counter-Strike. Given that advance mode is pretty much never used, I think adopting a CS-style buy system may actually make things more interesting and boost its popularity a little.

The people saying stuff like "go back to Counter-Strike" are idiotic. The official game description notes CS as one of the main influences. The Soldat community is shifting towards more CS-style play every day (R/S servers have multiplied, CS maps are somewhat popular). So why act like CS-inspired ideas are off limits? It's not one of the most popular Internet games in the world by some fluke.

Conclusion:
- Implementing some sort of counter in advance mode that keeps track of your progress (like money) is a good idea in its own right.
- Adopting CS-style pricing may be interesting and could help resurrect a dead game mode.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:28:45 am by Snowden »

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 07:48:41 am »
No this not to  soldat!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 08:10:42 am »
He deleted his poll -_-

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 08:14:48 am »
No,

soldat should never have any relation to money except for registereing.
There are other worlds than these

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 12:29:08 pm »
I like this idea, not neccesarily as a new option, but as an improvement to advance mode.

This is what advance mode is to me: Kill some people and random guns will eventually appear (and disappear). How about making it a bit more clear and coherent? Keep it the same, only you have a little fund counter in the corner of your screen that keeps track of your progress. When you kill, you get money. When you die, money is subtracted from your fund. Isn't that basically what advance mode is? Only now, you won't be so in the dark about your progress. Sure, you can press F1, but money makes it easier to visualize. (And the K:D ratio required to get weapons isn't well documented. Actually, advance mode in general isn't documented at all.)

The relevent question is, how would you spend the money you've earned? One scenario is, the more money you have, the wider the selection of weapons available to you. For example, say one kill gives $500, so $1500 gives you access to three random weapons. In this case you wouldn't actually be spending your money on the weapons themselves (maybe instead of money we can call it tokens or something else). This is essentially what advanced mode is like already.

Another scenario is that weapons each have their own worth and each time you purchase them the money is subtracted from your bank. Barrett and M79 would naturally be assigned highest price tags. There is no random element. This is more like Counter-Strike. Given that advance mode is pretty much never used, I think adopting a CS-style buy system may actually make things more interesting and boost its popularity a little.

The people saying stuff like "go back to Counter-Strike" are idiotic. The official game description notes CS as one of the main influences. The Soldat community is shifting towards more CS-style play every day (R/S servers have multiplied, CS maps are somewhat popular). So why act like CS-inspired ideas are off limits? It's not one of the most popular Internet games in the world by some fluke.

Conclusion:
- Implementing some sort of counter in advance mode that keeps track of your progress (like money) is a good idea in its own right.
- Adopting CS-style pricing may be interesting and could help resurrect a dead game mode.

Great way of wording it. I would hate it in normal mode, but in advance, it would raise popularity. and for sotija (he just was obvious because right after this post), say why you said no... you are just trying to raise your post count.