Author Topic: Getting to touchy...  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Getting to touchy...
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:30:22 pm »
Well, people have been making more and more threads that push on touchy subjects.
I think this will soon cause flame wars and bannings, maybe you all need to cut back on trying to get your threads past 10 pages. Because thats why your all mainly making these...

Abortion
Outsourcing
Banning guns
Euthanasia
Being a "mistake"
Genetic modification
Capitol Punishment
Women being the root of evil

Just stop it, I am tired of this, this is not a debating forums, its a Soldat forums.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
Re: Getting to touchy...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:31:03 pm »
Don't read it then.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:32:42 pm »
I am just tired of people always making these because they want their post count up and they want a thread that makes it to 10 pages...
Its stupid, a waste of space, starts bad arguments and flame wars, and could lead to getting banned.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:33:04 pm »
Post count!? Where do you think we are?

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:35:19 pm »
Post count!? Where do you think we are?
Fereal holmes this is the lounge..... and you should add the Barry Bonds one to your list lol IM SO ANGRY DAMMIT!!!!!! lol

EDIT: And all this debating is MUCH better than inactivity.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:38:37 pm »
It's not about the post count. It's good to know people's opinion about those subjects. I've found it very interesting.
urraka

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:44:32 pm »
It's good to know people's opinion about those subjects. I've found it very interesting.

Xxypher, if you don't like ethical debates then like what Smegma said, don't read it. If intellectual stimulation offends your eyes, then beg the admins for a D&M subforum.
[/url]

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:45:29 pm »
If you people could actually debate then I would love to have a hand in these topics. Now I just want to lock them all for stupidity.
@ii

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:02 pm »
If you people could actually debate then I would love to have a hand in these topics. Now I just want to lock them all for stupidity.
Okay, then can you tell us who are the stupid ones who apparently cannot debate, or vice-versa, because I am sure as hell not an ignoramus.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:11:13 pm »
Okay, then can you tell us who are the stupid ones who apparently cannot debate, or vice-versa, because I am sure as hell not an ignoramus.
Yea lets get into that lol
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:17:03 pm »
I don't claim to be a great debater, thats vijcht's territory. However there is a obvious trend of people only debating to prove themselves right, not understand the other persons debate. Or for the simple fact of a nice debate, which can be fun and informative.
@ii

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:57:11 pm »
I don't claim to be a great debater, thats vijcht's territory. However there is a obvious trend of people only debating to prove themselves right, not understand the other persons debate. Or for the simple fact of a nice debate, which can be fun and informative.
You still dodged the question. I want to know if you think I'm, or anyone else is, a good debater or someone who needs to improve and this you give us ideas on how to improve. That's my point here.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 10:59:21 pm »
You still dodged the question. I want to know if you think I'm, or anyone else is, a good debater or someone who needs to improve and this you give us ideas on how to improve. That's my point here.
I don't have the time to make a list that long. Lets just say the only people that seem to have knowledge about anything they talk about are Geo and Vijcht.
@ii

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 11:07:59 pm »
I don't have the time to make a list that long. Lets just say the only people that seem to have knowledge about anything they talk about are Geo and Vijcht.
Therefore you are implying that everyone else is only so-so in the way they debate. That's all I needed to know. I should stop debating if I have no knowledge of what I'm talking about.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 11:13:22 pm »
I never said stop, debate all you want. I don't expect anyone here to be great at debating, just want people to actually try.
@ii

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 11:40:24 pm »
Well, people have been making more and more threads that push on touchy subjects.
I think this will soon cause flame wars and bannings, maybe you all need to cut back on trying to get your threads past 10 pages. Because thats why your all mainly making these...

Abortion
Outsourcing
Banning guns
Euthanasia
Being a "mistake"
Genetic modification
Capitol Punishment
Women being the root of evil

Just stop it, I am tired of this, this is not a debating forums, its a Soldat forums.

They should give you a capital punishment cause you're definitely a mistake and your evil mom should've outsourced her babymaker.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 04:18:50 am »
No offense but those discussions weren't really discussions.
Mostly all questions were answered with questions and all examples that were giving had fundamental mistakes in them. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to point them all out, though I did try it at the start of the abortion discussion.

These discussions are healthy as long as they're being kept friendly, that's what the mods are for.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 04:27:59 am »
Fully agree with DePhille. No other words to say.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:39 am »
Captain ben is rubbing off on you buddy. And not in the awesome way.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline NK Soldier

• Major(1)
  • All Hail the president of Iran!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 10:09:16 am »
How are those topics bad? I think its like this.. One person makes a topic.. then another person answers.. then the third person debates on the answer, and its a never ending thing.
Remember, its all fun and games 'till someone gets hurt.. then its hilarious.