Author Topic: King of the Hill  (Read 1793 times)

Offline andrelie

• Camper
  • Im sorry for the spamming...
King of the Hill
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:19:04 pm »
ok, its a gamemode i think is kinda fun, called "King of the Hill" the name says it... your supposed to stay on a hill ALONE! (it can be Team King of the Hill, the same way but your team is geting points faster depends how many that's inside the "Ring" (king of the hill place)) your not geting points for killing ppl, just get them away from the Ring, if your not alone in the ring you or your enemy wont get any points.
hope this can come into the game, because i LOVE the game mode ;D
Im sorry for the spamming...

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
Re: King of the Hill
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:20:03 pm »
Someone already made this...it didnt take off, but i loved it.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline andrelie

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:21:04 pm »
oh, sorry but it wasnt the meaning to post something that allready was posted before :(

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:08:46 pm »
Kinda sorta like HTF, at least team is. Kinda sorta like pointmatch, but a ring instead of flag. People would just M79 you out of the ring, either killing you or launching you from the blast, so F11.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 01:09:38 pm »
Been suggested a hundred times, and been shot down a hundred times.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:26 pm »
Stop suggesting new game modes, goddamnit.

This can be done with scripting.  F11

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:59 pm »
It was the first game mode to come out, it was like the same week scripting was available.

However it never really worked out, soldat wasn't ready for it. Its just been sitting in the attic collecting dust waiting to be revived again.

Offline andrelie

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:16:32 pm »
ok ok, sorry =/

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 03:29:28 pm »
I can never find any King of the hill ones that don't have 9999 ping.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 06:23:06 am »
lolz i cant even find any kinf of the hill...this cant be revived anymore....
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:11 am »
why not make it so anyone in the ring can get points, and you have to try to prevent enemies from getting points too!  That's what would make soldat's KOH unique.
But yeah, it already exists - nice try though...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:06:51 am »
I know DorkeyDear made a KOH script and he had custom maps for it which he made. Basically there was a center spot that had to be controlled. Th teams spawned on opposite sides of it and had to rush over to it. The way the scoring worked was whichever team had more members controlling the "hill"  started to gain time for being there. I think he had it had like 2 minutes needed to win. Also I think the server may still be up... the server details are in his signature if it is.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 06:57:01 pm »
It should be an official though, because its laggy and unstable sometimes in scripting.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:07 pm »
ok, its a gamemode i think is kinda fun, called "King of the Hill" the name says it... your supposed to stay on a hill ALONE! (it can be Team King of the Hill, the same way but your team is geting points faster depends how many that's inside the "Ring" (king of the hill place)) your not geting points for killing ppl, just get them away from the Ring, if your not alone in the ring you or your enemy wont get any points.
hope this can come into the game, because i LOVE the game mode ;D
I made two King of the Hill scripts some time ago actually! And yeah, they didn't take off. If I look at them again, I might release the code. I don't know.
Anyways, if your curious:
1. CTF; Custom maps (flags unaccessible); 1 hill, stationary; seemed smoother than 2nd
2. TM; DM maps; 1 hill, mobile up to 5 locations; not as fair as the first one, sense people spawn anywhere.. i might redo so that its a DM and as long as you are on the hill, you get time, no matter if there is more than 1 person on the hill or not

Quote from: mikembm
whichever team had more members controlling the "hill"  started to gain time
actually, it was whoever was on the hill, and if both teams were on the hill, then nobody got points.

I might get one / both of my servers containing these scripts up again, but maybe after I dust them off a little.

Quote from: mikembm
Also I think the server may still be up... the server details are in his signature if it is
no, not anymore. I actually don't have any custom servers up anymore. Once I finish my CS script, then I might try to revive my other major scripts.

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 02:39:47 am »
The problem with this is that, unless your a very clever mapper and put anchor points around the sides, you have to have a script for every map. Unless I truely don't understand the way X/Y's work in  soldat maps.

Anyway. I'm working on a script and a map template for KOTH. I'm making it with deathmatch style players (it's a free for all type gamemode so teams makes little sense) but with no damage, I think it'll work better try to boost/shove your opponents of the sides of the hill into the abyss with nades/laws/spas/minigun >_</ saw/etc. weapons. I'm just basing this of of the highly fun version played on the right side of TW_Moats occassionally.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:29:50 am by ghg »
-=Gradius wuz you=-