Author Topic: How would you fix the balance?  (Read 2998 times)

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
How would you fix the balance?
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:52:22 pm »
To me the game is not too unbalanced, but I was wondering how you guys would fix it? I have a few ideas for fixes of my own too.

1. DEAGLES are perfect IMO, I wouldn't change a thing.
2. I'm make the Mp5 SLIGHTLY more powerful, maybe like the way it was in 1.3.1 damage-wise.
3. I'd get the old AK from 1.3.1 exactly as it was, except with a little more bink.
4. I'd keep the AUG as it is, in this version it is the all powerful spray gun IMO.
5. I'd keep the spas as it is, maybe lessen the damage a little bit but increase range, that's debatable.
6. I'd keep the ruger as it is in regular mode, but I'd weaken it in Realistic and lower recoil slightly.
7. I'd keep the M79 as it is, except increase self damage a little more and make people lose points for killing themselves with it.
8. I'd keep the barrett as it is.
9. I'd lessen the bink a little, maybe SLIGHTLY increase damage.
10. Make it more damaging (maybe more like 55 per bullet), cut start up time in half, cut reload time by at least 2 seconds.
11. Lessen the damage on the socom just a little.
12. keep chainsaw and knife as they are.
13. Keep law as it is.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
Re: How would you fix the balance?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 02:55:05 pm »
Weaken the spas by a hair and screw with the movement acc. for the ruger...the mp5 is perfect!!!!!

Oh yea lessen the bink on the aug.

There you have it...perfection!
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:57:39 pm »
Actually I just messed with the stats, I feel these are good.

[Spas-12]
Damage=108
Fireinterval=32
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=175
Speed=144
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
Recoil=0

With the spas here I basically increased the range a little bit but cut off like 10% of its power. It still kills fine.

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=50
FireInterval=4
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=270
Speed=280
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=20
Bink=-12
MovementAcc=1
Recoil=0

Trust me, increasing the damage of the Minigun is NOT a good idea! Even a couple of points makes it grossly overpowered. The problem lies with the startup and reload time. The start up time I lowered to 20. Getting rid of it completely makes it overpowered. I also doubled the bink, which trust me, with the low start up time you need bink to counter it. PLus now you can effectively burst fire in like 10-20 round bursts. The gun is best used close range. I also decreased the loading time to approximately the same as the Minimi, just SLIGHTLY longer.

I Increased the flamer to like 100000 damage, since as it is, it is completely useless. This way every little bit counts.

I have 160 damage for SOCOM, 105 for MP5, 86 for minimi, and 75 for AUG. I didnt really touch anything else on those guns. However, I did mess with the AK a bit.

[Ak-74]
Damage=110
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-16
MovementAcc=2
Recoil=0

If I remember right this is similar to 1.3.1 AK stats. Longer fire interval and stronger damage.

With barrett I lowered the fire interval to like 200 to allow for slightly faster firing.

I also lowered the LAW's reload speed to 350. I think the default was too much. This is still a lot too.

Otherwise I didnt touch the guns. I left the deagles, ruger, m79, chainsaw, and law alone, although I might fool around with the M79 a little later to work out self damage if possible.

EDIT: Just fooled around with the M79. What I want to do with it is out of my hands. i cant do it. Why? Because you can increase damage to cause more self damage, however, this also makes near misses fatal to the enemy, which makes the weapon overpowered IMO. Sure, youll kill yourself when firing the gun at someone at really close range, but you'll also massacre people by missing by 10 feet. The programmers would need to do what I suggest doing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 04:04:31 pm by JonWood007 »

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:44:03 pm »
I'd decrease the spread that the Minimi gets while moving.
I'd increase the damage of the Socom.
I'd increase the throwing distance of the knife (Yes i would. Its a 'one shot or not' weapon.)
I'd decrease the recoil on realistic mode with the Ruger and the Degales.
And I'd increase the reload time of the M79 by just a hair.

I think that everything else is still pretty balanced.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:06:36 pm »
I'd increase the damage of the Socom.
I think that everything else is still pretty balanced.
????? Soccom is the most broken gun out there, it needs less damage or speed.
Minigun- Less bink in all positions
Minimi- barely ore damage (AK kills it every time)
Ruger- More bink slightly
Everything else is pretty fine, the only one really needed is minigun.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline El_Metalo

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:13:51 pm »
well.. I think mp5 is quite good right now. Maybe it's bullet spreading would be reduced slightly, so it had bit more chance against other arms in long range.  At least it shouldn't be made any weaker. (For those who don't know (all of you?) I've been playing with mp5 as long as I have played soldat.)
And ruger could be a bit less powerful.
Dunno about the other guns, haven't played with those so much. But they feel fine to play against.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:14:49 pm »
If youre really skilled with the mp5 you can do double kills without reloading(i think it should have a little more range)

ruger should get more bink or a little more delay between the shots(unless they make the other weapons as powerful)

barrett should have less bink

soccom should reload slower(or less dmg each hit)
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 07:52:33 am »
Deagles are fine. As El_Metalo pointed, reduced bullet spread would IMO fit for mp5, though not so ncessary.

AK needs more accuracy.
AUG needs less damage
Spas needs nothing.
Ruger needs more fireinferval
M79 needs slightly longer reload
barrett needs less fireinterval
Minimi needs mo accuracy
Minigun needs more accuracy, less speed, more damage and slightly faster reload time

LAW needs alot faster startuptime.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 03:45:13 pm »
I would make socom weaker damage-wise and make the ruger bink-able.

The LAW is fine.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:43:53 pm »
Deagles are fine. As El_Metalo pointed, reduced bullet spread would IMO fit for mp5, though not so ncessary.

AK needs more accuracy.
AUG needs less damage
Spas needs nothing.
Ruger needs more fireinferval
M79 needs slightly longer reload
barrett needs less fireinterval
Minimi needs mo accuracy
Minigun needs more accuracy, less speed, more damage and slightly faster reload time

LAW needs alot faster startuptime.
You know, I agree with all of this except for the Spas, and maybe AUG.

Spas is too strong now. The range increase in 1.4 and the fire interval decrease makes it more deadly now. It can push me back even from half a screen away, doing a lot of damage... maybe put back the fireinterval but keep the speed the same? Or vice-versa?

Even though AUG is powerful, it has a wider spread then the other guns, plus another movementacc = harder to use at long range... although it totally owns at mid-range. It gets less effective the more people there are in a server due to the low damage, though. Maybe like +5 reload or something instead of less damage?

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 07:25:37 pm »
IMO AUG is badly overused in clanscene, decreasng its damage would result in givin other weapons more usefulness against it. I do not see any big problems in AUG, but the overuseness should be taken care of a bit, IMO.

Spas is good, some damage decreasing would not hurt it though, but I would rather keep it as it is than nerf it.

In deathmatch Spas is so damn good, peopel dont know to keep distance to it, and they dont know to be above it, easy kills with it for good players. :D

Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:47:10 pm »
I think everything is pretty peachy except the Minimi moveacc. It's horrid. Other autos just don't suffer like the Minimi.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 03:48:52 pm »
Ruger needs to be binkable if anything. Minigun needs to be better, becuase it is really bad, like I said. Spas is a little overpowered, but not really on big maps, so a little less range. Something needs to happen to soccom, it's just too good. I was 20 and 5 on an inf map with soccom alone.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 04:06:23 pm »
4. I'd keep the AUG as it is, in this version it is the all powerful spray gun IMO.

That's right, so the power of this gun should be lowered a bit. If you're not a good gunner at any other kind of weapon, you're dead meat. And what if you'll meet 2 steyr aug users on a cw? You're a chichkebab! This gun is overpowered and it needs fixes!

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 02:45:46 pm »

That's right, so the power of this gun should be lowered a bit. If you're not a good gunner at any other kind of weapon, you're dead meat. And what if you'll meet 2 steyr aug users on a cw? You're a chichkebab! This gun is overpowered and it needs fixes!
How about giving the other guns more power
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline why123

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:47 am »
I think that everything else is still pretty balanced.  welding wire