Author Topic: Bleh, FaceClassic preview.  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Bleh, FaceClassic preview.
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:20:58 pm »
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:32:21 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
Re: Bleh, FaceClassic preview.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 04:43:05 pm »
Holy crap thats nice, well better than most remakes. You should have the space background. Don't forget, heck even have that giant hole in the middle.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 04:49:05 pm »
Holy crap thats nice, well better than most remakes. You should have the space background. Don't forget, heck even have that giant hole in the middle.

I'm searching for a space bg as I speak, and the holes are gonna bring up some serious bot issues (they tend to stop/back up into the hole when they see enemies; trying to have full botability in my maps here).  I'm adding holes in the upper platforms though.

Thanks for the comments :)

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 04:52:50 pm »

I'm searching for a space bg as I speak, and the holes are gonna bring up some serious bot issues (they tend to stop/back up into the hole when they see enemies; trying to have full botability in my maps here).  I'm adding holes in the upper platforms though.

Thanks for the comments :)
You should try UnrealEd, if the background is a texture you should be able to copy it.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 04:54:58 pm »
You should try UnrealEd, if the background is a texture you should be able to copy it.

I saw it, but I'm not an advanced UEd user; I don't know how to export it/convert it into a .bmp.  If you can help me, it will be greatly appreciated.

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 05:01:15 pm »

I saw it, but I'm not an advanced UEd user; I don't know how to export it/convert it into a .bmp.  If you can help me, it will be greatly appreciated.
Who says your going to convert it?
Once you see the square just Print Screen and paste it on to MSPaint.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 05:06:05 pm »

Okay, guess I can do that.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »
Stalky used this scenery in his dm_SpaceShip, and I believe Lapis is the one who made it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Set the background color to black and scatter the stars.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 05:22:17 pm »
Stalky used this scenery in his dm_SpaceShip, and I believe Lapis is the one who made it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Set the background color to black and scatter the stars.

Looks nice, but crap, I've already added stars onto it!  I'll use it anyway, ty :)

EDIT: Bah, the one I had looked dull...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 05:32:18 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 11:07:26 pm »

Okay, guess I can do that.

haha, got a quote tunnel going now!

but back on topic, wasnt Face that ctf one withthe two egyptian towers on either side and the pyramid in the middle? if so, make the two towers more yellowy (if thats even a word) and make those boost pads lol. just make the pad out of polygons, then make another polygon the exact same size and place is exactly over the first one. that should make it bouncy like the boost pad, lol. also, since you said you can multi-texture (*sob* I envy you... maybe someday Ill figure it out...) Id make the ground between the two towers sand, like the Ut version.

also, that UTed thing is insanely confusing. I cannot do anything else but make a spiral staircase withthat tool lol
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 07:06:58 am »
wasnt Face that ctf one withthe two egyptian towers on either side and the pyramid in the middle? if so, make the two towers more yellowy (if thats even a word) and make those boost pads lol. just make the pad out of polygons, then make another polygon the exact same size and place is exactly over the first one. that should make it bouncy like the boost pad, lol. also, since you said you can multi-texture (*sob* I envy you... maybe someday Ill figure it out...) Id make the ground between the two towers sand, like the Ut version.

You're talking about Face3, I'm doing FaceClassic, which was the original Facing Worlds in UT'99 and recreated in UT2k4.

And don't worry, I can make teleports and jumppads X)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 07:16:26 am by Eagles_Arrows »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 12:47:43 pm »
You release it, and I'll have a reason to update MapMine.

How's that deal sound? ;)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 01:32:07 pm »
I did several hours ago :-X :)

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=1891.0

Note that it isn't the final version.  I have to look over some things plus add some more scenery.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 01:42:46 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 02:33:20 pm »
...I can make teleportsand jump pads...

whoa! how do you do teleports?!
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 02:50:02 pm »
...I can make teleportsand jump pads...

whoa! how do you do teleports?!

More polys than jumppads, mmm...

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 08:28:48 pm »
faceĀ  has a big hole in the middle, go play face.

*STARHUNTING LIKE YOU!*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:35:46 pm by viggoloniggolo »

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 08:30:40 pm »
face  has a big hole in the middle, go play face.

The hole will cause bot problems though.

Why is everyone posting here?!