Author Topic: .50 cal muzzle flash.  (Read 2562 times)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
.50 cal muzzle flash.
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:40:40 am »
Simple - muzzle flash for M2 like in other weapons. It won't take much work.

Offline andrelie

• Camper
  • Im sorry for the spamming...
Re: .50 cal muzzle flash.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:42:51 am »
erm... what? o.O
Im sorry for the spamming...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:52 am »
Aye, it'll make it look more powerfull and genereally better.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:49:28 am »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:01:05 pm »
All weapons need the flash spark on them.
Some small, like the M2.

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:49 pm »
i think it should make the screen shake just a little. that would make it look real powerful. like it should be.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:10:11 pm »
i think it should make the screen shake just a little. that would make it look real powerful. like it should be.

Heavy artilery? ;D Just like minimi - can be.

All weapons need the flash spark on them.
Some small, like the M2.

Don't understand ???

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:36:22 pm »
It already kinda does, it is just small. I'm not really for any visual add-ons for soldat, it needs bug fixing way more than muzzle flash, otherwise F12.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 05:34:40 pm »
Time to open up your Soldat folder, go to weapons-gfx, and insert your favorite muzzle flashes. I agree though, the muzzle flashes on many of the guns (M79, LAW, Beret, M2) could use some spritzing up for vanilla Soldat, especially considering the new bullets and grenade trails were added. I think the best way to get this done, however, is to make a good set yourself, and MM will include them if he really likes them. It happened with the Gosteks.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 06:11:43 pm »
M2 doesn't have a muzzle flash. Not even a small one. There is no "m2-fire" in weapons-gfx, and there is no way to add one.

Yes, if there was one this would be a DIY issue. But. There Isn't. It's not gonna take more than, what, 5 minutes of coding max to add one though
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 12:37:39 pm »
I always thought that each of the guns could use their own muzzle flame. It would just add to the expirience. Even though the detail goes overlooked, it would be nice to see.

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 07:22:02 pm »
The majority of the guns do have individual muzzle flashes in the weapons-gfx folder, so like I said, if someone took the time to make some really nice ones with a classic feel (a bunch of artists in the partial mods/full mods forum could do this easily) and it catches MMs attention, I am sure he will make it default. I would rather MM did coding stuff, though, as many people can do the graphical stuff; but few people can handle the coding side.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 07:51:55 pm »
Another nice-to-have-but-unnecessary thing I'd personally like to see added would be multiple frames to  the muzzle flashes, and that ground-shaking-when-50-cal-is-fired thing would rock too.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 08:52:12 pm »
The majority of the guns do have individual muzzle flashes in the weapons-gfx folder, so like I said, if someone took the time to make some really nice ones with a classic feel (a bunch of artists in the partial mods/full mods forum could do this easily) and it catches MMs attention, I am sure he will make it default. I would rather MM did coding stuff, though, as many people can do the graphical stuff; but few people can handle the coding side.

I completely agree with this. But as Lord Frunk said, it would be nice to have it implemented but it's not really necessary.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:40:51 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I want this in. It should've been in from the start. Along with weapon specific explosions...

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 04:09:32 am »
So like I said, if someone took the time to make some really nice ones with a classic feel (a bunch of artists in the partial mods/full mods forum could do this easily) and it catches MMs attention, I am sure he will make it default. I would rather MM did coding stuff, though, as many people can do the graphical stuff; but few people can handle the coding side.

Here you have pack in BF2 style (.bmp and .png) Report me any bugs :)

Btw: I'm glad too see that everyone agree with me ;)