Author Topic: The leap!  (Read 11344 times)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: The leap!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 04:43:23 am »
I think you should hold jump and double tap the left or right direction. That way it is a little harder to pull off.

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 06:14:32 am »
Well, its a very cool idea indeed, but in the long run, it would be really abused.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 06:44:51 am »
its just gonna be like gunz, and gunz sucks so we really should not try to emulate it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 09:09:35 am »
I think in order to prevent any abuse or overuse, it shouldn't be beneficial to use it while running ordinarily. For example, after the roll, you should be slowed down considerably while you regain your regular stance, giving you no speed bonus in the long run. This way, it's only used in certain circumstances to dodge or whatnot and not constantly while running.

good idea....

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 09:34:26 am »
OMG.I support this!!

ITs will be very cool and very Usefull

i not see any problem to make this to game

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 10:00:10 am »
Make it so everytime you leap you consume a certain amount of your jet fuel, like 1/3 or 1/4 of it, then this will be great.

That could work, but i would say nothing less than 1/3 of your jet fuel
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 10:23:57 am »
Actually i dont find gunz as a bad game, though its a pain to get running on my compy now...

Imagine, someone throws a grenade or shoots of an m79 your feet, and you use the leap to avoid it....

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 11:16:49 am »
Make it so everytime you leap you consume a certain amount of your jet fuel, like 1/3 or 1/4 of it, then this will be great.
Actually, maybe the whole fuel?

and the distance you go depends on the fuel amount?
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 11:42:59 am »
I think you should hold jump and double tap the left or right direction. That way it is a little harder to pull off.

..likeiin i think, UT? there should also be a cooldown time , in which you cant leap.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 12:41:17 pm »
I'd agree if the move couldn't basically already be done with a quick leap and prone jetting. The backflip is nice because it gives something not possible otherwise -- a quick way to reverse movement. Forward movement, including a OP's leaping tuck-and-roll, is already possible, making it unnecessary. The only dodge style movement that would be nice and help improve the dynamics of the game would be the ability to jet in other directions instead of just upward.

Right, but this would be a pretty neat addition as well.  ;)

It's not possible to roll after the air proning - The Soldat gets stuck to the ground and can't apply to roll other than you moving in stance position the very few moments before landing your feet on the ground. Which can be pretty annoying.

Also if you could shoot while applying this leap would be nice. Like you can move the cursor while you're leaping without the Soldat to be going back into a stance position, and as the Soldat hits the ground he'd roll either backwards or forwards depending on which direction your cursor is as you hit the ground.

And also I think you should be able to do this movement while being in the air, not just while standing on the ground.

And about that "hard to hit people while they're so damn skilled at running away" - That's just pathetic, you can't blame them for jumping off your aim. That's your fault for not being accurate enough to hit them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:56:11 pm by Yuth »

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 05:28:48 pm »
Max payne style man!
I wish this stuff was actualy put in the game :(
especially some of the really good and sensible ideas in this forum

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 09:27:24 am »
I like this idea of the leap. Currently the only tricks we have are rolls and backflips. Of course, they are pretty useless (except in dodgeball), but they're cool. In fact, they're actually negative, cause you can't shoot while doing them.

This leap could be another trick. I've always wanted something else. It's the same as the dodge in unreal tournament.

I also think that you should be able to shoot while doing a trick. It's really annoying when you lose an auto fight because you forgot not to roll.

Offline JBL

• Major
  • Map Maker
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 11:18:09 am »
I think that people would abuse it in some way. Also, it would ruin all the climbing maps currently out.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 12:21:29 pm »
... It's not possible to roll after the air proning - The Soldat gets stuck to the ground and can't apply to roll other than you moving in stance position the very few moments before landing your feet on the ground. Which can be pretty annoying....

Just unprone right before you hit the ground. I do that all the time...

Offline DeathPickle

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 07:43:23 pm »
Its a good idea, it would help in tight situations, and would also look cool.
but, i think double tapping A or D would be annoying because you would accidently press it too much.

maybe holding shift or something at the same time would be better.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 04:38:49 am »
I think that people would abuse it in some way. Also, it would ruin all the climbing maps currently out.

I bet that the backflip ruined the older climb maps when it whas implented.. ;)

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 04:52:39 am »
Noice idea. To the people who said "it will be hard to hit them", ive pretty much mastered the quick backflip and people still manage to blow my guts all over the map.

And i agree with this.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:10 am »
Not double tapping though i mean you do it all the time....every one double taps "D" to move faster with the jump key :P
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 06:23:05 am »
I love this Idea :) would be a nice addition to the soldiers movement, as it is now the best way of dodging a bullet (on the ground) would be proning, but then you would eat nades when getting up :)
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 07:18:40 pm »
Soldat is not Gunz.
ZamoraK |2Wai|