Author Topic: Zombie... Can you belive it?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
Zombie... Can you belive it?
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:08:15 pm »
Ok well first... I am new to this scripting soldat thing, so I have no clue. But I have got some ideas I would like to build a script around.

I have been playing a few Zombie servers lately... just having some fun killing stupid things that don't fight back.

So I had an idea... make a Zombie server! But unlike most Zombie servers were you just kill Zombies, or get to the objective (Usually the flag =P) without dying. I was thinking, why not the players be the Zombies =P
But now I have to think of how I can make this fun... Probably with a script =)

So any advice or some things I could do to make this fun and possibly some maps that could be used. Although I am planning on making a few of my own maps.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
Re: Zombie... Can you belive it?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:13:16 am »
ffs cant u make it your self? like put some bots using weapons in the opposite team and u use a damn chain saw! whats with a script for this?

i think this shld be in suggestions part of forum..
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:39:17 am »
they should do a counter-strike: source styled zombiematch script, I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I'm too lazy to make it myself ^^.

Iq Unlimited

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:38:52 am »
ffs cant u make it your self? like put some bots using weapons in the opposite team and u use a damn chain saw! whats with a script for this?

i think this shld be in suggestions part of forum..

Sure... I could just make some bots and w/e. Say use a saw you bastards. But after a while of just sawing people... I think it may get boring. So I want to make some sort of script to make it more interesting, how? I am not sure yet.

Besides... I want to learn how to script with soldat anyway, so I got an idea and am going to run with it, even if there could be a simpler way to do it.

Offline Sunshine

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 06:20:11 am »
like... it would be played in r/s , every round some random guy would go to bravo/alpha(with the script :P) and get a chainsaw +unlimited predator? (if unlimited predator isnt possible, just make a script which drops a predator kit every xx seconds at the players location(whenever pred ends)

and the other team gets weapons =) they need to stay together and if someone dies, SPRAAAAY ;D

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:39 am »
like... it would be played in r/s , every round some random guy would go to bravo/alpha(with the script :P) and get a chainsaw +unlimited predator? (if unlimited predator isnt possible, just make a script which drops a predator kit every xx seconds at the players location(whenever pred ends)

and the other team gets weapons =) they need to stay together and if someone dies, SPRAAAAY ;D

Hehe that would be pretty funny actually ;P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:19:57 am »
How about, the zombie team gets chainsaws (duh) and the non-zombie team gets only the spas which does no damage but can push people a lot!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 07:27:46 pm »
... you get killed by a zombie and you turn into one. enough said. :p
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:41:48 pm »
I had an idea for a script that turned somebody into a zombie when they were killed by a zombie until MovePlayer got removed, which then nearly forgot about it. I might work on it again.

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:55:08 pm »
wow Great! ideas, I really like the Invisable Zombie and the get killed by Zombie be a Zombie ideas.

But could someone with some scripting experience help me out... I still am not sure. What programs do I need? What should I go look up, Pascal, Dephi Basic stuff?

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 10:00:05 pm »
pascal basically is the same as delphi for all you need to be concerned...
You don't want to look up a tutorial that explains how to display text because that's program-specific and soldat has its own ways of writing text (using WriteLn, WriteConsole, etc.).
Here's what you should learn:
- Learn how to define variables and constants
- Learn how basic conditionals work and loops
- Learn how to create procedures and functions
- Go to http://enesce.com/help/ and get familiar with the variables, functions, and events (and how you can use these events to your benefit)
- Start writing small (stupid) scripts that are somewhat functional
- Become big and famous in the soldat community!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:55:34 pm »
pascal basically is the same as delphi for all you need to be concerned...
You don't want to look up a tutorial that explains how to display text because that's program-specific and soldat has its own ways of writing text (using WriteLn, WriteConsole, etc.).
Here's what you should learn:
- Learn how to define variables and constants
- Learn how basic conditionals work and loops
- Learn how to create procedures and functions
- Go to http://enesce.com/help/ and get familiar with the variables, functions, and events (and how you can use these events to your benefit)
- Start writing small (stupid) scripts that are somewhat functional
- Become big and famous in the soldat community!

Thank you for the infomation. One question... do I need a Compiler?

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 09:00:13 am »
No, you only need the .pas file that your making the script on and it being in the correct location. (In a sub-folder of the scripts folder, with an Includes.txt containing the .pas's filename)

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 12:53:55 am »
No, you only need the .pas file that your making the script on and it being in the correct location. (In a sub-folder of the scripts folder, with an Includes.txt containing the .pas's filename)

Oh, awesome. Thanks DorkeyDear.