Author Topic: Hexer server in Singapore? (Directed at Avarax.)  (Read 2349 times)

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
Hexer server in Singapore? (Directed at Avarax.)
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:20:21 pm »
I live in Malaysia, in South-East Asia. Around here, there is a pathetic number of servers where we get good ping. I only can get a reasonable ping of ~130 in the GA servers and in the Games.Himitsukichi server in Japan, which totals up to 2 CTF servers and 1 DM server. Not much of a choice, but anywhere else and I'd be ping kicked faster than I could shout 'Lag!' For example, I get a ping of 1000+ in some US and European servers.

For the past two weeks, I've been holidaying in Canada. I downloaded Soldat and hit request servers, and I found your Avarax Hexer server based in Germany. Even though I was in Canada, I had a ping of only 50. That was awesome, and I was addicted to your script. Your script even changed me from a DEagle user to an M79-whore. Within two weeks, I had 5 different accounts with different combinations of spells, all around level 25. Your script was the best ever, and I played all the time.

Now I'm back in Malaysia, and I can't play in your server anymore without being ping kicked. I am back to being stuck with only 4 or 5 servers, only two of which are OK. I miss being able to play in your server.

Hence I IMPLORE you to find and set up a Hexer script server somewhere in SE Asia. Every Soldat player in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, etc etc will love you if you do so. Personally, I suggest you find a server in Singapore, where the internet is slightly better than that in other countries around this area.

I volunteer myself to help maintain and administrate the server because I know of how much fun it can be. I got to know many people on your Germany server quite well (fri_, ProThunder, King of Pain, Alu, Ani, Strangel3t, etc) and I'm sure they consider myself to be a fair guy.

So please consider this. I'm sure you will make lots of people happy if you do so.

PS - to all Hexer regulars, this is Sexy Boots. Bet you guys miss my disarming. ;)

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
Re: Hexer server in Singapore? (Directed at Avarax.)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:23:44 pm »
I live in the USA and i get good ping on all hexer servers... but i feel your pain.  Im addicted to hexer.  I totally support getting a server closer to you.

"PS - to all Hexer regulars, this is Sexy Boots. Bet you guys miss my disarming."
LOL I'm the disarm evader... 8 times outta 10 ill dodge the shots and kill the guy who disarmed me...
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:03:19 pm »
Since I've already gotten some requests from asian people to host a server there... with this thread I think I'm finally convinced. However, I don't feel that much of an urge to search a server sponsor there and I'm not going to pay ;D
So if you could just find some possible candidates that could possibly set up a dedicated server with FTP access for me, I'll contact them and try to get things started. However, this has to wait until 1.4.2 because I'm not will to share the script with someone that I don't know in an unencrypted form. With the server of 1.4.2, there will be full support of encrypted scripts so nobody is able to steal Hexer. I hope you understand ;)
Use the time to find a possible sponsor, then we'll see.

There's a (really) stable US server btw now, it's hosted @ enesce.com with a constant 50 ping for canadians and americans. It might be possible for you to play there, the pingkick is set to 250. There's a script and a gamemonitor applied to the server that instantly restart it whenever it crashes and that did happen exactly zero times so far, with the server running stable about 4 hours now, good sign.
soldat://server1.enesce.com:23071
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:54:31 pm »
Thanks! I'll get searching.

What servers specs do you need, exactly?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:00:34 pm »
I need FTP access and the allowance to switch dedicated server's safe mode off for future features.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:11:51 am »
http://www.fragnetics.com/services/gameservers.html

* Fully customize the name of your server - No co-branding required
    * Web Access for Server Maintenance (Stop, Restart, FTP) through customized portal - http://home.fragnetics.com
    * Full FTP Access for installation of maps and other minor plug-ins. (except for ranked BF2142)
    * Your own permanent Clan Forum at http://www.fragnetics.com/forums. We also maintain clan forums for past subscribers subject to continued forum activity.
    * Set-up of Plug-ins and Mods are provided on request.
    * Freedom to change game mods - Convert your game server to host different mods.
    * A DNS Name for your clan (clan.fragnetics.com) in addition to IP Address/Port issued.
    * Comprehensive Lag-Reporting Tools - http://www.fragnetics.com/support/lag
    * Web space for map pack and miscellaneous downloads

Are those specs good enough? I have just emailed them asking about pricing, as they do not have details for a game such as Soldat on their site. It should be cheaper than the other offers as Soldat does not require as much CPU or Bandwidth as games like Halflife and BF2142.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:04:29 am »
meh... i doubt they allow the server to be run without safemode. maybe you could ask them if i could get SSH access
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 10:33:13 am »
  * Freedom to change game mods - Convert your game server to host different mods.

Won't that do for safemode?

Ok, I'll ask about SSH and search for a couple more potential hosts. Thanks.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:47:40 am »
well no, safemode has nothing to do with mods, it's an essential server security setting.

safemode = off for example allows me to access the internet with the server, which is a security risk for the host. hosts usually don't allow this, but i'll need it for the global account system that will soon be implemented.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »
Ah, I understand. I will check again.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:38:55 am »
yeah, ele eater, i live around there too :( and now for some reason GA servers have pings of 250-300 + and is unplayable....sad so the only servers are mike duckhunt and ec hexxer...thats only 2....
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 12:49:10 am »
Eh? You live in malaysia and you want a server in our little country below you? Surprising.

I dont play Hexer.. cause its just too confusing >_> and if you are some low level in a server of high levelled people, you are SERIOUSLY screwed.

@haha  duckhunt? you can? my ping is 200 there and i always get ping kicked.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 12:53:49 am »
well if i dont talk alot i may not get ping kicked....but sometimes i do...and get kicked. well its still playable, since theres not alot if hardcore nades and bullets around u, justs laws and barretts. i get by...

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 07:41:51 am »
@ Arbiter - Internet services have always been better in Singapore.

And if you're in a server of high levelled people, just M79-whore. ;)

@ haha - I get ping kicked from EC hexer after about 3 minutes of playing. :(

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:26:11 pm »
yeah ele eater...i dont know why, last time ec TW servers were like 250 ping, and i get kicked, and EC hexxer servers are 200 ping(green dot). but for some reason EC TW servers are 200 ping(only #1 i dont know why #2 is 250 ping) and hexxer servers are 250-300 ping.
for now i go to avarax hexxer server....where if i dont talk TOO much only sometimes i would be kicked
adverage ping kick time for avarax for me is around like 30 mins....or so.
but since today 1.4.2 came out AND avarax hexxer server hasn't changed to 1.4.2 type, i cant play....wtf so now today its down to ONE server.....(EC TW server#1) which most of the time is full

and yes singapore internet services are good :)

national day!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:29:25 pm by haha »

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 07:16:13 pm »
Where do you live haha? If you live in Malaysia or Singapore, you should get good ping (100-150) in the GameArena servers.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 12:44:05 am »
yes, i live there, but i dont know why! the pings are just 250+...i didnt do anything to my connection...(unless someone did)....or maybe my neighbour is stealing my bandwith...no..cant be....
i used to play at GA servers

Offline Felix_k2

• Major
  • Australia!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 01:22:40 am »
Well if this does happen, do you reckon one day you'll be able to let GA use the hexer script for a server, at ASF we got some news from GA that they're gettin rid of their HTF because noone uses it enough and we were talkin bout a hexer server and mabey requesting one once its all stable and stuff, do you reckon that'd be possible? Just reminding this is just thinking and questioning, not asking, that time may come later. This is for Australia btw \m/\m/

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 03:19:41 am »
why shoudnt it..i hope it is....anyway woots, EC hexer server ping have gone back to 216 on adverage.... playable! woots woots