Author Topic: Halo 3 Maps - Last Resort, Vallhalla  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
Halo 3 Maps - Last Resort, Vallhalla
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:00:29 pm »
I've been working on this for a couple weeks now.  It's Last Resort, a map from Halo 3.  (In Halo 2 it's Zanzibar.) 
Last Resort:

Basically, I've been switching between making the map and testing it.  The map itself is basically setup as I had done my other 'Halo 2D' maps (except they got pruned.    :-\).  Since the original map is supposed to be an INF type map, the left side was left extremely underpowered.  So I made a tunnel underwater that leads to the back of the building (which I didn't finish; it's on the right), to make it a little more fair.  Also, it's hard to notice, but the left side is a little higher than the right.
I was planning to just copy the entire map in 2D, but it leaves a weak left base if you wanted to play a normal CTF game, or a team match.
(Please don't talk about the shading yet.  I just needed color at the time.)

Last Resort UPDATE:
Finished the entire map.  Just putting in extra details, like objects and col.  I suck at waypointing, does anyone want to do it for me?  Also, does anyone know how to put in turrets?  Anytime I try, it ends up looking funny.
Here's some bigger pics now:

Master UPDATE:
I've decided to make this a hub for all of the Halo 3 maps I am make.  Vallhalla is my current creation.  I'll post pics when I decide it's good enough.  Also, I've noticed that the few 'Halo' Soldat maps are junk, which explains the low amounts of them in the first place.  If you don't want to read this small mini-rant, please skip this update.  Look, I realize most people that play Soldat and want to make a Halo map for it end up with a less than great map compared to others.  But don't continually put that as a stereotype!  I am reworking all of my old maps that previously I had only made for my school's Soldat team.  And I've gotten better.  So please, please, please, don't just look at this and think it's all a bunch of hastily crunched 5-minute map.  I worked a long time on this map, and I plan to do more. 
Then I realize you actually have to OPEN this post to view my speech.  Oh well.

Valhalla:
It's Vallhalla from the H3 Beta, as far as I remember.  It's basically the H3 version of Blood Gulch.  Made primarily for CTF and Team Matches.  This part is just info; I'm still sketching out what I want on paper before turning it into a map.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:26:50 am by Nemihara »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: H3 Map - Last Resort
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:16:09 am »
That screenshot is rather small :-\. Umm, other than that...continue working on it. Good luck.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
Re: Halo 3 Maps - Last Resort, Vallhalla
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:18:27 pm »
are you using multi-texturing in these maps? I tried making Epitaph, but ended up switching to Sandtrap because I was too lazy to make the big tower for the base, but I never finished cause I decided I suck at recreations :O

but if you want any help I would like to try again and see how I do :)
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."