Author Topic: [REG] Windows Vista layout. v1.0  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Paintd

• Major(1)
[REG] Windows Vista layout. v1.0
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:09:16 pm »
I've always admired the look of Windows Vista. Because I have experience in Macromedia Flash, I decided to make myself a custom Vista interface mod. This is my first layout, and it's very glitched. If anyone can give tips, it'd be appreciated.

This layout can be easily converted to unregistered, but I'm not sure how, lel. Be my guest if you want to take the project a step further into unregistered, using the bitmaps in the file provided.

http://rapidshare.com/files/49221502/Vista.zip.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMI7QVJ4
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:32:14 pm by Paintd »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: [REG] Windows Vista layout. v1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:46:52 pm »
For your first interface it's not bad at all...

I don't have registered soldat so I can't try it out for myself but it looks okay.. although a little complicated
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 03:24:19 am »
It looks not very good, Windows logo looks strange.

Btw: Got idea from my win xp interface? ;)

Offline Paintd

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 12:10:30 pm »
It looks not very good, Windows logo looks strange.

Btw: Got idea from my win xp interface? ;)
I've never seen your win xp interface, lel. Like I said in my first post, i luv dem vistas.

Yeah, I couldn't find a decent quality Vista logo. I'll look harder next time.

MOAR COMMENTS K. D:<

p.s: How do I make it so that the jet bar is behind the health slot? The ammo bar is also backwards - when you run out of ammo, it's filled.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:27:04 pm »
AH VISTA!

if you make an interface for vista your sad, vista sucks horribly.

//ontopic  the interface is nice for a first. make more! :o
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:01:54 pm by Iq Unlimited »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:07 pm »
*shakes head* I wish you guys would point out what looks bad. Here, lemme cut your work out for you:

1. Windows is neat, and so should you be. You need to work on aligning the graphics instead of having them pasted all over the place.
2. Style duplication. If you have trouble with bar styles, open Windows Media Player and look at volume bars, etc. That way it would look 'genuine Microshaft' instead of an obviously attempted 'not quite there' appearance.
3. Printscreen. I dunno how you got the WinVis logo to look that horribly color-mutilated. Did you use printscreen or Google?
4. Learn PNG. If you want 'real' Vista looks, I mean, with shadows and stuff, do it in alpha transparent PNG files.

And I hate Vista too. xD Keep trying ^^
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:02:18 pm »
Yeah, the main reason why I posted in this topic at all was because Vista sucks.

Offline Doktor_Joint

• Major
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 06:56:17 pm »
Its quite interesting, need morework (its like pre-alpha) and can be good, try improve it.

Offline Paintd

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
*shakes head* I wish you guys would point out what looks bad. Here, lemme cut your work out for you:

1. Windows is neat, and so should you be. You need to work on aligning the graphics instead of having them pasted all over the place.
2. Style duplication. If you have trouble with bar styles, open Windows Media Player and look at volume bars, etc. That way it would look 'genuine Microshaft' instead of an obviously attempted 'not quite there' appearance.
3. Printscreen. I dunno how you got the WinVis logo to look that horribly color-mutilated. Did you use printscreen or Google?
4. Learn PNG. If you want 'real' Vista looks, I mean, with shadows and stuff, do it in alpha transparent PNG files.

And I hate Vista too. xD Keep trying ^^
It's tough to cut out the Vista logo in the pictures, as they usually come with white backgrounds (if you used Macromedia Flash you would know what I mean). But yeah, I should probably have fixed it up a notch.

What do you mean by number two? You want the bars to look like the volume bars in WMP? I set the bars to look like the loading bars in Vista. I don't have the newest version of WMP as I don't have Vista itself, so I can't really see where you're going. Pics.

No moar "i haet viztah zommggfggg". I don't actually have Vista, I just like the looks of it - that's why I even set my Windows XP to look like Vista.

TO GO BACK TO MY QUESTION: Layers. How.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 09:46:35 pm »

It's tough to cut out the Vista logo in the pictures, as they usually come with white backgrounds (if you used Macromedia Flash you would know what I mean). But yeah, I should probably have fixed it up a notch.

One word. GIMP. Get it, Use it, Love it.

It's free.

After you wand something, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:52:50 am »
What do you mean by number two? You want the bars to look like the volume bars in WMP? I set the bars to look like the loading bars in Vista. I don't have the newest version of WMP as I don't have Vista itself, so I can't really see where you're going. Pics.

He means that it should look like in vista. Somethink like this:

It looks like real Windows XP. Understand now? :)

Offline Paintd

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 11:04:40 am »
PaFel, you just posted a pic of a Windows XP mod with a taskbar. If you look at my pic, you can obviously see that the style is not designed to look like the computer screen Vista users see. It's just a collage of loading bars Vista provides. But if you really want me to, I'll make the HP bar a little thicker to look like a Vista taskbar.

And I highly doubt that that's what Espadon meant, because he could have just said taskbar.

One word. GIMP. Get it, Use it, Love it.

It's free.

After you wand something, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
The main white area is not the problem. I could easily trace bitmap in Flash and delete it. The SHADOWED area gives a lacking quality, and I'm sure GIMP can't delete it with its wand feature.

AND YES, I COULD EASILY FIX IT IF I TOOK THE TIME TO DO IT, but I haven't set aside time for this because this project isn't my highest priority right now.

no moar comments on looks. Someone should test it out to see the actual problems, and tell me how to fix THAT.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:07:14 am by Paintd »

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 11:09:52 am »
PaFel, you just posted a pic of a Windows XP mod with a taskbar. If you look at my pic, you can obviously see that the style is not designed to look like the computer screen Vista users see. It's just a collage of loading bars Vista provides. But if you really want me to, I'll make the HP bar a little thicker to look like a Vista taskbar.

It was just suggestion how it should look IMO. :)

this project isn't my highest priority right now.

no moar comments on looks. Someone should test it out to see the actual problems, and tell me how to fix THAT.

Ok :) I'll try that.

*I won't try that out. "404 - attached file not found"*

Offline Paintd

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 04:24:55 pm »
*I won't try that out. "404 - attached file not found"*
I just tested it, the download attachment is fine.

edit: added sum moar download hosts in first post in case you insist that it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:27:31 pm by Paintd »