Author Topic: Soldat Reborn  (Read 18552 times)

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
Soldat Reborn
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:39:34 am »
...and again here comes another mod with goal to improve the look of Soldat, certainly succeeding in that.

I present you SOLDAT REBORN:

Mod brings you new interface and weapons in game. It's not a full modification, it took me few days of work. I'm not sure if i'm gonna be on topic often so don't expect fast answers or what else...

biggest thanks for your compliments and downloading in advance!

ENJOY!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:43:57 am by Slayer DZ »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
Re: Soldat Reborn
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:43:40 am »
Wowa! that looks neat! but only the Law points out of the background in the weapon menu :)

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:48:12 am »
Wowa! that looks neat! but only the Law points out of the background in the weapon menu :)

there's a problem with sprite positioning in the secondary weapon menu, if just chainsaw is a bit up then there would be quite space for law and it wouldn't overlap... i know it doesn't look so nice but unfortunately i'm not able to fix that
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:50:06 am by Slayer DZ »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:51:50 am »
looking really nice!

but the AK has no Sights?

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:55:40 am »
This looking great, but intensive like Enhanced, why? Some weapons and interface are clearly inspired by SE. Different, but similiar, anyway good default modern conversion ;)
if just chainsaw is a bit up then there would be a space for law and it wouldn't overlap... i know it doesn't look so nice but unfortunately i'm not able to fix that
Longer back.bmp but some people are lazy to get why and how fix problem by replacing original background file, I noticed this, you can change this, but some players are that stupid to not looking at modded interface to change that few pixels tail by modified back.bmp, really, too much work, just copy and paste action :P
Then prefect if you always pack unregged interface outside the Mods folder, and additional inside it.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:02:01 am »
Awesome.
Banned

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 11:14:36 am »
This looking great, but intensive like Enhanced, why? Some weapons and interface are clearly inspired by SE. Different, but similiar, anyway good default modern conversion ;)
if just chainsaw is a bit up then there would be a space for law and it wouldn't overlap... i know it doesn't look so nice but unfortunately i'm not able to fix that
Longer back.bmp but some people are lazy to get why and how fix problem by replacing original background file, I noticed this, you can change this, but some players are that stupid to not looking at modded interface to change that few pixels tail by modified back.bmp, really, too much work, just copy and paste action :P
Then prefect if you always pack unregged interface outside the Mods folder, and additional inside it.

Yes it's similar to enhanced's interface, i must admit that. but the thing is that i've tried so hard to make something really different (but not futuristic) and in the end it would all come back to similarity with SE interface, and i think that just shows how great interface mangled made and i respect that, his one looks better anyways

and for that back you were talking about, i know that i could extend the height of it, but i don't really consider it my job in fixing that overlapping, neither i think that it's a big problem that affects the joy of playing, so i urge that for the next version of soldat care should be taken around positioning sprites in weapons mod (i think that's possible to fix, isn't it?)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 11:14:52 am »
Great mod. I'll make it my default when I install 1.4.2...
I like the thickness of the outline and as always, love the spas. Barrett and Ruger also look nice.

This certainly is better than Soldat Enhanced and is as good as Evolved but it depends on your taste really...

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:27 am »
Looks too much like Soldat Enchanced or how it called... anyways - It's nicely looking - but I'm really curious how it would look like without that "shade" around the guns. Maybe just too much like Soldat Enchanced

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 11:32:27 am »
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 11:43:18 am »
but I'm really curious how it would look like without that "shade" around the guns

I haven't d/led it (nor will I ever, since I really don't need anything 'stock' xD) but I'm wagering that those are PNGs that have antialiased/feathered outlines.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:48:03 am »
I see that I made teh fog shade trendy ;) .50 cal looks nice.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 11:50:04 am »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 11:52:40 am »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 01:00:20 pm »
Sexy and smooth. I'm totally downloading this. I like the feathered outlines; it's great to see more people taking advantage of Soldat's new .png support.
That reminds me, I really should get that cut-out version of Neo-Arsenal done.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 01:17:42 pm »
* Toumaz downloads and installs

Awesome minigun and ruger. Think I'll rip those out and mix em into my homebrewed mod.
Great job!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 02:01:19 pm »
Sexy and smooth. I'm totally downloading this. I like the feathered outlines; it's great to see more people taking advantage of Soldat's new .png support.
That reminds me, I really should get that cut-out version of Neo-Arsenal done.

start working on it...NOW!

Offline Doktor_Joint

• Major
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 06:54:13 pm »
Downloading! Great Barret, and Steyr! I will mix it with some other mods sounds, its really nice.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »
Wow, not bad at all. The Steyr and M2 are friggin' incredible. If I wasn't still using Crimsonland mod (I don't change mods much ever) this'd be the first one I'd use.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:17 pm »
This is an amazing piece of art. I'm at a loss for words. Wow. Just amazing. Superb. You, my friend, get a download from me!

Expression.Freedom.Art.