Author Topic: mah tag mod!  (Read 1262 times)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
mah tag mod!
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:39:15 pm »
Script Name: tagmod
Script Description Tag with points and other fun
Author: dnmr
Compile Test: Passed
Core Version: 2.6.3
Hosted by: Soldat Central - http://soldatcentral.com/

Full Description:
As the name states, this is a tagmod x|

All players are on the same team, with friendly fire on. A tagger is chosen at random (usually the first player joined) - he gets to use any weapon, all other players can not use weapons. So the objective of taggers is to, naturally, kill other players; the objective of everyone else is to run away from the taggers and stay alive as long as possible. If a tagger kills a non-tagger, they switch roles.
More people become taggers if more people join.

Now about the point system. All non-taggers get on point every five seconds. Taggers steal 1/5 of the points of their victim.

GameStyle has to be set to 3 (CTF) and point limit is set using the /limit command (i think its the Capture_Limit in soldat.ini - this script was tweaked to be used in BombSki\'s multimode which does /limit on map change, so im not sure)
You can tweak time per point, the fraction of points stolen on kill etc in the .pas file of the script - i added some comments so it should be reasonably easy.

You can use the script as long as you dont claim the script as yours. Let me know if you want to modify it.

Edit: oh yeah, i think it was BombSki who asked me to script this back in the day, so kudos to him if you like it =P

(Size 2.25 KB)
- http://soldatcentral.com/index.php?page=script&f=91 -

** Script hosted by Soldat Central! Please visit the author's script page and Rate this script **
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:42:38 pm by danmer »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: mah tag mod!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »
I got a question, does non-tagger regain/heal themselves after few seconds of getting chased by taggers? Or do they have to find a medic kit?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:38 am »
no, they dont regain anything, that would be senseless. They will need to look for a kit, yes, unless the server owner disabled medkits ;)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 01:20:06 pm »
kudos for releasing it, one of the nicest modes on multimode. best played on smaller HTF maps (htf_prison, htf_boxed, htf_arch)