Author Topic: Ideas for a TW Map  (Read 618 times)

Offline s.donahue

• Major(1)
Ideas for a TW Map
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:21:13 am »
Let me preface this by saying I've never made a whole map before. I've tinkered in Polyworks, but I always get frustrated and quit. The reason I get frustrated is my complete and utter lack of ideas when it comes to map layouts. I love doing the detail work and making a map look nice, but I just don't have a head for layouts.

And that is why I turn to you, Soldat Forums map making community. I need ideas for how to continue this map I started. I want a simple, but effective design, with balance being the most important part. I want this map to be a bunker-to-bunker slugfest, with little or no stat guns. However, I want there to be a few key buildings or bunkers that are difficult to take but easy to hold, to throw in a little strategy.

Anyway, here's some pictures of what I have so far. I won't put up the .pms file, as it's not done yet (duh), but if you need to see anything else about the map, just ask.

Preview

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Ideas for a TW Map
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:43:48 pm »
First draw a line on a big paper going high and down (The ground), then put points in the highest hills (The bunkers) and then do the map in PW (Using your sketch). I do that. Try it. First try do a ctf/dm map, don't try to do a tw map as your first. You should use this texture for the bunkers:

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: Ideas for a TW Map
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:21:15 am »
I beg some1 to make a ww1 style map.

Like gallipolli style, Since im aussie having 1 team tart of on boats, Hill then other team xD

____Bunker____
                 /                           \
(boat)___/                              \_____(bunker)

Lol ^^ Also having trenchs on the sides of the hill.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh