Author Topic: what happened to my knife  (Read 4634 times)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
Re: what happened to my knife
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 03:49:29 pm »
The only maps that spawning really affects are close ranged maps, the key one would be ash, and probably nuubia.  While voland is bad, a fast throwing knife wouldn't help out there, because you wont get killed as soon as you spawn, you just get trapped up there.  I personally don't see any problem with this change with the knife.  It barely affects people, and only in certain situations.

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »
I like that feature taken out, being spawnkilled with knife like that is one of the most irritating things in the game imo.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 07:44:40 pm »
I guess it gave knife-users too much of an advantage over any other secondary users at spawn. Spawnkilling's part of the game.

Offtopic: a bug was crawling across my screen and I thought it was just some cool thing on the forums.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »
As a previously hardcore active clan member, I can vouch that this was a great idea. You arent supposed to be able to shoot or be shot at during that 3 second invincibility, this includes knives.

MM Made this change all on his own, without any influence from beta testers.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09:23 pm »
Yeah I agree, no one else could do it so why should the knife users be able too? Pretty much is just common sense.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Tek+Lok

• Major
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 02:56:44 am »
ok cool, because yah killing the enemies just as they spawn was really useful, and usually not many people know how to use knife just as they spawn anyways from what ive seen, its always nades nades nades

so i guess i dont really have to worry.

Offline llamaman

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 07:08:03 am »
plus remember guys if it comes down to it you too can spawn kill back!
a.k.a The Peruvian