Author Topic: screen flashes but soldat won't start (was: :()  (Read 1432 times)

Offline xurol

• Major(1)
screen flashes but soldat won't start (was: :()
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:58:54 pm »
This question has probably already been asked, but I have to ask it now. I recently built a new computer and I have installed soldat on it. Unfortunately when I try to run soldat, the screen flashes for a moment and turns blue and a bit of green like it used to when soldat starts up, but then soldat doesn't start. It's not even in the processes list when I press ctrl-atl-del, which I thought was odd. Anybody know a solution to this problem?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:03:10 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Re: :(
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:01:18 pm »
give specs about your comp. version of of i presume windows, background apps, your hardware and graphics cards. sometimes you may get probelms when you dont restart your comp after a install but i doubt that is the case. im guessing that you may be missing some dll's or your video card is throwing an error and soldat closes.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: :(
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:02:42 pm »
Please try to make your threads with more useful titles.  Also, please post in the appropriate forum.

Offline xurol

• Major(1)
Re: screen flashes but soldat won't start (was: :()
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 11:06:41 pm »
^ Sorry, didn't know where best to put it. I guess it should've been obvious but I'm not too observant sometimes.

jettlarue:

- AMD 64 Athlon 3400+
- 1 GB Corsair DDRAM
- 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
- correct drivers for my card and directx 9.0

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 11:17:05 pm »
ok. its not your hardwares faults. i think actually it is soldat sending a signal to the kernel to exit the program. if you are using any plugins that effect soldat try not using them. get a program to track all of your processes and log them and see if soldat.exe sent a kill signal to itself. do you have any antivirus or anti advertising programs in the background? if so they may think monsoonix.exe is an advetiser/spyware and close it. but otherwise im not too clear of what it is. download hijackthis and post the log here. that might help. while ur dling try changing various settings for soldat, but im not sure if it will fiix it. im almost ositive that soldat is terminating itself, or another program is.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 12:25:35 am »
close whatever other things you have in the background: antivirus, and other programs running minimized by the clock.  I've got a feeling it is one of those causing the problem

Offline xurol

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 10:32:49 am »
I've got nothing running in the background: this is an entirely new system, a clean slate as it were. The only things running in the background are standard windows processes that run on startup.

jettlarue, I will post the log from hijackthis once I get home from work.