Author Topic: Soldat Songs  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Echo 419

• Major(1)
Soldat Songs
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:04:45 pm »
Hi.  This is my first time posting on the forums, so if something I did isn't "right" please take it easy on me.

I was just wondering if there were limitations to how I can use the Soldat songs (Bloody Soil, Gore, Necromancide.)  For example, could I put those songs on in the background of a video posted to a popular video sharing site?  I checked the main page, FAQ, and Manual, but couldn't find anything about using the songs.  Any information on how I can use these would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Soldat Songs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:05:57 pm »
I don't think Michal made the songs himself, so if he can use them I'd guess you can do the same.

Also, your name is clearly violating the rules. You're going to have to change that.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:19:10 pm »
Also, your name is clearly violating the rules. You're going to have to change that.

Which rule would that be? Theres nothing wrong with his name.

As for the music, send MM a PM and ask him directly, since he's unlikely to see this topic.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:28:22 pm »
99.99% chance that it is royalty free and MM doesn't care.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 06:16:19 pm »
But theres a 00.01% chance that his lawyers will be beating down your door and assraping you for every dollar those songs are worth.
Quick... Mask Yah Internetz!!!11ONE
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Echo 419

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:38:57 pm »
Errrr...If my name is really violating the rules, I'd be happy to change it.  I didn't see anything in the rules that I was going against.

Date Posted: February 06, 2008, 06:28:15 pm
  Alright, I sent MM a message directly.  If you mods would like to close this topic so it isn't taking up space, that would be fine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:50:35 pm by Echo 419 »

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:06:01 pm »
When they lock topics they stay on the page. They just get buried more quickly cause replies don't bump them up.

And welcome to the forums Echo 419
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Echo 419

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:06:59 pm »
Oh, I see. And thank you!  ;D

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 08:31:59 am »
Michal did not make the default Soldat music.  In his words; "Some guy emailed me that he wanted to do music...." (From a three hour long interview I have saved with him).

Also, the song "Necromancide" was also used in the Xbox game Serious Sam.  You can hear it in one of the multiplayer maps as the BGM.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Echo 419

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 03:14:03 pm »
From what I've heard, I think it's safe to use them.  However, I've received no reply from Michal.  I'm not sure if he's busy or just ignoring my message.  I'd prefer to wait until I'm sure I can use them.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:01:13 pm »
He doesn't usually come on here unless he has something Soldat-related to announce on the news section. Just use them, and just take them down when the letters from pissed-off and hungry lawyers start coming in.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Echo 419

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 05:37:30 pm »
Heh.  Well, alright.  Thanks for the help, everyone.